Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 1759 posts ] 
What is your favorite thing on planet Earth?
Animals  20%  [ 16 ]
Music  10%  [ 8 ]
Books  23%  [ 19 ]
Food  11%  [ 9 ]
Other (Please comment.)  9%  [ 7 ]
Please just give me the FP!  27%  [ 22 ]
Total votes : 81
 Post subject: Re: Rayven's Nest-Everyone welcome!
Posted: Oct 19th, '20, 14:13    

Rayven

Hugs: 38996
Mood: Sassy
Tam-Awww. I'm sorry it didn't work out like you wanted. *hugs* So you got your GED?

That's cool. :qg: Now that I know someone personally that's had it and died from it, I think I'll try to support the cause more. I should have before but I guess it wasn't on my radar. :qoops: To be honest, I'm ashamed to admit that I'm not very into any cause. It's not that I don't care, I just use my energy elsewhere I guess.

Moi-Awww. I'm sorry to hear that. *hugs* I know what you mean. When I told my junior high teacher that I was having trouble she didn't believe me. :/ I guess because I didn't have trouble with anything else she just thought I was being lazy. The sad thing is, I could have done better with a little extra explaining. Oh well, I don't use or remember 99% of the math I was taught and now I can use a calculator. *laughs maniacally*

XD No. At least I hope not, I never thought of that. O.O I don't know where they get them. Most of the time they're old ones from eye doctor offices so I guess they're not used. I do think some were worn at one time so maybe their family sold them after they died?

That's nice of you not to resent them. A lot of children would. Most people blame everything on their parents even when they shouldn't.

Ok thanks. XD You're welcome. :qg: That's cool! I'm glad you got stuff you like.

No problem. :qg: I can't wait to see the new ones!

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 20th, '20, 01:57    

Moi

Hugs: 323890
Mood: Know you're not alone.

Awwww :\
I payed to get my GED and my graduation outfit.
My family forced me to go to my graduation.
I REALLY didn't want to go and they were like "But you'll regret not going!" "You NEED to go!" "It's going to be great!"
Still wish I hadn't gone Bu
I had to be around people I've never even met, had to go on stage in front of a hundreds of people I never met, wore shoes that didn't fit me, was horrified about being on stage and doing something stupid or wrong, etc.

Rayven: I did so well in everything but math. Like I can do basic math, but not %s and fractions and algebra and all that. No matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't understand it. It like trying to put a square block through a round hole and all you have is the square block. It's just not gonna work so the only option is to not do anything.
That's something I can't stand - being called lazy.
I've been called lazy so many times because I either didn't understand something or I was depressed or anxious and wouldn't do something.

I never thought about used glass eyes before and now it weirds me out uB
I remember watching this horror movie and this guy had a fake eye and the killer slashed at him, and it scraped against his fake eye.
That was a pretty cool scene 8u

As I saw it, they were addicts and did stuff that wasn't good, but they loved me.
They made sure I had a roof over my head, had food, went to school, spent time with me, played games with me, etc.
Even now, they help take care of me and spend time with me and all that.
To me, I have no reason to resent them 8u

The one gown my aunt got me feels like it'd be warm, but it's not.
See, I overheat easily, especially when I sleep, so I try to wear something cool.
She said she was sorry they were more wintery gowns, but they're pretty cool ._.
The material is really nice and I don't overheat in them 8u

(0) (0)

"I'll miss the winter
A world of fragile things
Look for me in the white forest
Hiding in a hollow tree (come find me)
I know you hear me,
I can taste it in your tears."

Posted: Oct 20th, '20, 17:43    

Rayven

People shouldn't call you that. :qcry: You totally have my permission to beat them up when they do. XD That will go over well with the cops. "But officer, she told me I could do it." O.O

Oooo! That sounds awful. XD My dad and brother were watching a movie last night where this guy was torturing and killing a dog in front of her owner. It was very disturbing to me so I got up to go in the other room. My dad questioned why I was leaving so I told him it was stupid to watch that and that I'm can't help that I'm too sensitive to watch that. I mean, did he just fall off the back of a turnip truck? He knows I'm highly sensitive and that I have a mega soft spot for animals. All I wanted to do was go in my room but Mom realized that I was upset from the other room so she asked me what was going on. When I told her she made Dad turn the movie off. I told her not to but she did it anyway. Dad got mad because he wanted to watch the disgusting film and took it out on me so I flipped out in self-defense. I'm so tired of his verbal and emotional abuse. I called him names and told him not to talk to me anymore and that he was just like his abusive father. I told him I wasn't like him and that I refuse to take his abuse like he did his dad's. *sighs* I meant it, and he deserved it, but I wasn't being a good Christian in that moment. :qoops: The only good thing to come out of it is that he's avoiding me today. Sorry for the rant.

That's very mature of you. *nods* It sounds like they did a good job of raising you despite their own issues. Good for them. So many parents stop being parents when they're in the same shoes your parents were.

I'm the same way, even when it's cold out I have to be careful how warm I dress. I'm glad you don't overheat in them.

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 20th, '20, 18:22    

Sunlight

Hugs: 116370
Mood: Reflective
Website: http://kofk.de/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=13052
Rayven wrote:That is annoying. It's also annoying when they try to one up you. My ex-husband did that to me all the time. Everything problem I told him about, he had one ten times worse. *rolls eyes*
I kind of do that. Though I swear it's because I'm trying to find a common experience to talk about to contribute to the conversation rather than to one-up you.

Oh man, I wish I hadn't gone to my graduation, either. Bleh.

Your dad sounds like my dad, Rayven.

(0) (0)
Zia's uncoloured mule

Posted: Oct 20th, '20, 20:48    

Moi

I wish I could beat them up Bu
When I say "I don't want to go to the story..." when I'm extremely anxious and get anxiety attacks, people just say "Well, I don't like going either >Bu" because it's boring and tedious and annoying. NOT the same reason I don't like it. But why should it matter what I feel?

Awww, I'm sorry that happened ;; -hugs-
I think people need to let it out sometimes.
I remember reading this comic where this guy was really hateful and obnoxious and he kicked this dog for getting near him while he was eating and this other guy shot him and killed him.
The guy that shot him felt so bad and was like "I just killed a man for kicking a dog...!"
And I said "Good. He was an asshole >Bu"

I find I'm pretty mature in a lot of ways.
Not all ways, though xD

It's hard for me to be cold for long.
I actually enjoy it when it's cold just so I can get warmed up xD
My aunt always has it hot in the house Bu
Like if she gets a small chill, she cranks it up to almost 80 degrees.
There's times where it feels way better outside than inside and it's ridiculous xD

Zia: We should have not went together >8u

(0) (0)

"I'll miss the winter
I know you hear me,

Posted: Oct 20th, '20, 23:09    

AutobotDen

Hugs: 18370
Mood: Wear a mask, Save Lives!
*wanders through in search of muffins*

(0) (0)
Wishlist items at current:

Posted: Oct 21st, '20, 01:40    

Rayven

Zia-I believe you on that. :qg: I can usually tell when someone is just sympathizing or just making conversation versus how my ex-husband was. I should have been more specific.

Awww, I'm sorry you have to go through it too. How do you handle your dad?

Moi-It does matter, they just don't understand.

Thanks. *hugs*

XD I mean, it sounds extreme but the guy probably abused animals more than just that one time or would have if it wasn't a guy in a comic.

Nobody is in all ways. I know I'm not. I talk for my animals, make random noises, and am just generally goofy as long as I'm in a good mood. XD

I enjoy that too. Nothing better than hot chocolate and/or a bonfire. :qg: I've been to people's houses that were like that. I kept having to go outside so I didn't melt. XD I smoked at the time so I had an excuse. I don't know what I'd say now. O.o "I'm sorry but will you please stop trying to cook me?" XD

*gives Den a pillowcase full of muffins*

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 21st, '20, 02:43    

Moi

AutobotDen: Hey :3
You need any more muffins u8?

Rayven: And they say they understand but do they really Bu

He was just an overall asshole Bu
I don't remember what all he did, but him dying didn't mean much to me so he was an asshole xD

I remember asking my bestie if I was mature and she said I was in a lot of ways, but completely immature in others xD
I know I don't mentally feel as old as I am physically xD

I remember when my uncle came down to visit and she asked if he was cold and then she said she would turn the heat up and he said "No. If I'm cold, I'll just put something warmer on Bu"
I remember being like "Holy shit! So it's not just me >8u"
She just instantly cranks up the heat Bu
Just us a blanket or put socks on u8<
Shouldn't be sweating my ass off in the house.

>XD
Just say you have to smoke.
Then smoke an invisible cigarette.
Normal people do that, right 8u

(0) (0)

"I'll miss the winter
I know you hear me,

Posted: Oct 22nd, '20, 00:14    

Tam I am

Hugs: 27651
Mood: I am Groot
Rayven wrote:Tam-Awww. I'm sorry it didn't work out like you wanted. *hugs* So you got your GED?

That's cool. :qg: Now that I know someone personally that's had it and died from it, I think I'll try to support the cause more. I should have before but I guess it wasn't on my radar. :qoops: To be honest, I'm ashamed to admit that I'm not very into any cause. It's not that I don't care, I just use my energy elsewhere I guess.
Yup. No idea where I've put it, though.

Breast Cancer is an easy cause, at least. People sell a lot of nice pink things and then send a portion of the proceeds to support the cause. I used to buy a pen from the stationary shop each year, til it closed down. Now I have some pin back buttons and a soft scarf (that sheds like a cat) that looks like a Breast Cancer Awareness ribbon.

Another cause I can go for now that I've stopped hating teddy bears is the Teddy for a Toonie that my bank does this time of year to raise money for two childrens' hospitals.

I don't resent my parents either, except sometimes, but when I catch myself I shut it up. (I'm just cranky about EVERYTHING sometimes, I think)

Awww. I couldn't do math when I was in school either, Moi. But when I went back to upgrade I made the honour roll. And stood there and stared at it in blank brained shock before pretty much running away so people would stop praising me.
Sunlight wrote:I kind of do that. Though I swear it's because I'm trying to find a common experience to talk about to contribute to the conversation rather than to one-up you.

Oh man, I wish I hadn't gone to my graduation, either. Bleh.
Same here. Thanks for giving me words to explain it.

I never went to any graduation. Never been to anything that needed me to dress kind of formal.

*hug for Rayven*

I think I'm totally failing this event. There are just tasks I can't do. And... what am I supposed to do with these flowers?

(0) (0)
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
I am Tam. Tam I am. I like green eggs, but I don't like ham.
she/her/hers
not "they"!
First fairy: May 31, 2019

Posted: Oct 22nd, '20, 01:28    

Moi

The begonias u8?
If you have extras you can sell them or trade them to someone 8u

I want to donate to some charity but I find it hard to trust most people.
I see a lot of products for breast cancer.
A shirt said something about real men wear pink and my sister was like "Oh, yeah, sure -rolls eyes-." and I stopped and told her it was for breast cancer and she said "Oh..."

She seems to have issues with being a girl. Outright hating the color pink because it's a "girly" color and stuff.
When in fact, colors are just colors.
Anyone can wear any color.
The fact people think colors are gendered is stupid Bu
Like purple is a "girly" color, but a lot of men look good in purple 8u

(0) (0)

"I'll miss the winter
I know you hear me,

[ 1759 posts ]