Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 1759 posts ] 
What is your favorite thing on planet Earth?
Animals  20%  [ 16 ]
Music  10%  [ 8 ]
Books  23%  [ 19 ]
Food  11%  [ 9 ]
Other (Please comment.)  9%  [ 7 ]
Please just give me the FP!  27%  [ 22 ]
Total votes : 81
 Post subject: Re: Rayven's Nest-Everyone welcome!
Posted: Jan 22nd, '21, 07:54    

Tam I am

Hugs: 27674
Mood: I am Groot
I remember a friend of mine telling me a story about his sister after she nearly got run down at a crosswalk. The car did stop, and she promptly used her stompy boots to kick out a light. *shakes head* I've wished for a portable paintball gun (or something that'd kill the car's engine til the police unkilled it) many times after people whip through crosswalks, but I don't think I'd want to wreck somebody's car.

(0) (0)
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
I am Tam. Tam I am. I like green eggs, but I don't like ham.
she/her/hers
not "they"!
First fairy: May 31, 2019

Posted: Jan 22nd, '21, 21:47    

Moi

Hugs: 324068
Mood: Know you're not alone.

I kind of want to say I don't blame her xD
Well, depends on who was in the wrong.
Like if I walked out because I didn't see the car, it would be my fault so I wouldn't kick their car.

People speed through the yield signs here.
We constantly have car accidents on my corner because people don't slow down.
We had at least 3 or 4 last year that I remember. Could have been more.
Last accident - this truck got flipped upside down and there as a child or a couple of them in the truck =__=

We saw Casper across the street and called him over and he came walking over to us and this truck was speeding down the street, saw him and didn't even try to slow down.
They almost KILLED our cat.
I'm not one to start fights or even fight back but you run over one of my cats, I will attack you xD

(0) (0)

"I'll miss the winter
A world of fragile things
Look for me in the white forest
Hiding in a hollow tree (come find me)
I know you hear me,
I can taste it in your tears."

Posted: Jan 23rd, '21, 02:15    

AutobotDen

Hugs: 18403
Mood: Wear a mask, Save Lives!
Tam I am wrote:I remember a friend of mine telling me a story about his sister after she nearly got run down at a crosswalk. The car did stop, and she promptly used her stompy boots to kick out a light. *shakes head* I've wished for a portable paintball gun (or something that'd kill the car's engine til the police unkilled it) many times after people whip through crosswalks, but I don't think I'd want to wreck somebody's car.
ngl, I would've too, especially since at crosswalks? Pedestrians have the right-of-way.

People would try and sue if you paintballed their cars in the US. people here are sue-happy. but damn if it wouldn't be cathartic to pelt the offending cars with bright pink paint. like, screaming neon pink. Pinker than Scattershot's butt.

(0) (0)
Wishlist items at current:

Posted: Jan 23rd, '21, 02:50    

Moi

My family knows someone that will instigate things, then threaten to sue if they so much as get a faint scratch.
Had a family member start a fight with my mom saying she called CPS on my mom for no reason so my mom shoved her and my mom had to go to court and has it on her record that she assaulted someone.
Like I know you shouldn't put your hands on people, but when you're a miserable shitty person who starts shit and doesn't know how to shut your mouth - I don't feel sorry for you if you get punched in the mouth Bu

Some people shouldn't be allowed to drive.
In recent years, I've heard so many stories of people being killed by idiot drivers.
A friend of mine was killed by a drunk driver.
My bestie's mom was killed by a drunk driver.
My bestie's friend was killed by a drunk driver.
I remember a cop being killed because he was in a funeral procession and someone couldn't stand having to wait so they went around the line of cars and hit the cop on his bike.
I remember a story where this guy got hit and killed while trying to change a tire because someone didn't want to slow down.
I remember when I was going to my grandma's house, this truck in front of us was carrying these giant plastic things.
One fell off the truck and hit our car - if it was metal it would have crushed our car and killed us.
Well, my dad pulled over and tried to help the trucker put the stuff back on his truck and people didn't even try to slow down.
Like I know it's a HIGHWAY but if you see people pulled over or an accident, you should slow down a little so you know you don't KILL SOMEONE.
A couple weeks ago it rained a bit and we were at the bank when we saw there was a car accident across the street.
I don't know who was at fault, but it was raining and slick.
On our way home, this jackass was just flying down the street right next to where the car accident was.

(0) (0)

"I'll miss the winter
I know you hear me,

Posted: Jan 23rd, '21, 03:22    

Tam I am

Hugs: 27674
Mood: I am Groot
People used to respect crosswalks here. Even just twenty years ago. I notice that a lot of the (but not all of the) people who roar through crosswalks while I'm in them now days are older Asian people. GUYS! It's NOT China!

(0) (0)
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
I am Tam. Tam I am. I like green eggs, but I don't like ham.
she/her/hers
not "they"!
First fairy: May 31, 2019

Posted: Jan 23rd, '21, 05:27    

Moi

I....don't see many Asians where I live oO
In Houston, they have their own Asian market so there's a lot of Asian people living there...
I mean I've seen Asian people here but not many - my doctor and eye doctor and her assistant were Asian.
I find Asian women very...attractive. So I freaked out when I had a really cute doctor and her assistant getting up in my face 8D;;
I was like "You're so pretty please don't look at my horribly ugly visage u///B"

(0) (0)

"I'll miss the winter
I know you hear me,

Posted: Jan 24th, '21, 14:54    

Rayven

Hugs: 39063
Mood: Sassy
Sorry, but I'm exhausted so I'm just going to start here. :qoops: Except for to say, Moi, you do not have an ugly visage. *hits Moi with a pillow*

So I had quite a day yesterday. Partly great, partly bad/exhausting. I've been helping my parents pre-register to get a Covid vaccine this week and my mom was able to get an appointment but by the time I got my dad's done it said there weren't any appointments left. :/ Mom's appointment was yesterday and they called to make sure she was coming and said that some people weren't showing up so Dad told them about what happened with him and they told him to come on in and get one too! :qg: I know God had a hand in that. I thought my aunt had signed up too so we took her with us but it turns out she hadn't because she said she was having trouble with her email (she wasn't, she just doesn't know what she's doing:/). They wouldn't let my aunt get one but my mom and dad got their first shot and the appointment for the booster shot! I helped my aunt with her email and signed her up to get the shot in several different places so hopefully she'll get hers soon. I'm glad everything worked out and I praise the Lord for His help, but I wish I didn't have to take care of every old person I know. I don't know why I'm the only person who knows how to work a computer or is responsible enough to help those who don't know how. I have a brother and cousins but no one seems to care about getting the elders in my family vaccinated but me. I hate to complain but it's pretty exhausting to be the only responsible person all the time. *sighs* Don't get me wrong, I want to help, but I also feel that others should help too and I don't want to be taken advantage of.

I'm going to try to convince my neighbor, the one with lung cancer that I've been helping, to get the shot and help him sign up this week because I don't think his son is doing it. He'll have to ask his doctor if he can have the vaccine first though because he has cancer and I don't know if it's safe for him to get it. If they say he can get it, I'll take him when we can get an appointment. I helped him organize his living room the other day. He had DVDs piled up everywhere and one day when I was visiting a pile fell over and nearly landed on his head. XD

Back to yesterday, the place we went to get the shot is like 45 minutes one way so we did a little shopping and ate a late lunch/early dinner while we were there. Then we went home and relaxed for just a bit until we had to go pick my son up from jail. We drove another half hour one way to get him only to find out that he was being kept on another warrant and that we'd made the trip for nothing. :/ I had to drive in the dark, which I hate because I don't see well at night, but we made it home safe. All's well that ends well I suppose. I was able to talk to my son when I got home and I expected him to be very upset about not getting out but he was doing ok all things considered.

Today, I'm debating on whether or not to go to church. I'm just exhausted and I don't like my preacher. I have to go back at some point though.

How about everyone else? How are you all doing? Anybody doing anything interesting this weekend or have anything to gripe about like me? XD

(0) (0)

Posted: Jan 24th, '21, 15:52    

WingsofLove

Hugs: 2361
Hey everyone.

How are you all?

(0) (0)
My first knuffel

Posted: Jan 24th, '21, 21:09    

Rayven

Hugs: 39063
Mood: Sassy
Hi, WingsofLove! Welcome! :qg:

I'm doing pretty good today, how are you?

(0) (0)

Posted: Jan 24th, '21, 21:46    

Moi

Rayven: Pictures are better than reality u,B

Well, I'm glad they were able to get the shots 8888u
I know how you feel - my family doesn't know how to work computers or phones so they make me do everything for them.
Though I tend to not do stuff and my mom has to do it for me.
Mostly because I don't care about myself u8

I hope he can get it or at least doesn't get sick from COVID.
I need to help my dad clean up his place.
I'm not the neatest person in the world, but his place needs to be cleaned.

I'm sorry about that. That you had a nice time then it went downhill and you made a wasted trip and had to drive in the dark 8,u

Well, you don't necessarily NEED to go to church u8
God is everywhere.
Did you end up going?

Nothing interesting for me 8u
Well...Casper has come by the past two nights and has been napping in Rin's spot.
He was trying to sleep and kneading at the same time x3
It was so precious u,B

WingsofLove: Hey again :3
I'm kinda tired but okay.
How are you?

(0) (0)

"I'll miss the winter
I know you hear me,