Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 14 posts ] 
 Post subject: surrogacy
Posted: Sep 9th, '17, 11:00    

Firefoxflare

Hugs: 11397
Mood: I'm back baby
Recently I got approved to be a surrogate.
I haven't meet any intended familys yet but I could carrie for anyone.
I'm both excited and a bit nervous at the same time.
I really can't wait to give some one a baby they have longed for.
What are some of your views on the subject.

(1) (0)
Missing! 29 *yikes* offering 7 FC for a water gen 1
Any lvl any element.
I love her!
First fairy every!Server time: Apr 6th, '12, 13:39[/align]

Post subject: Re: surrogacy
Posted: Sep 10th, '17, 22:35    

Moi

Hugs: 322161
Mood: Know you're not alone.

I think it's a positive thing.
I've seen so many couples that want children, but they can't have them.
I think it's good to help people in the way you are.

(0) (0)

"I'll miss the winter
A world of fragile things
Look for me in the white forest
Hiding in a hollow tree (come find me)
I know you hear me,
I can taste it in your tears."

Posted: Nov 3rd, '17, 16:20    

Sanssouci

Hugs: 77503
I think it's wonderful. :mccute:

(0) (0)

Posted: Nov 9th, '17, 22:16    

WishingMoon

Hugs: 4433

You have hugged WishingMoon!

The thought gives me the willies but I'm glad people are happy to do it!

(0) (0)

Posted: Feb 11th, '18, 19:03    

Bunnei

Hugs: 99000
Mood: Fall colors <3
That's wonderful!
I had thought about it before, when one of my friends was having trouble conceiving

But ultimately I changed my mind, and she was able to conceive her own children.

But i think it's a very generous and kind thing to do for someone :qh:

(0) (0)
Buying some things here:
http://kofk.de/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=41727
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Posted: Feb 26th, '18, 02:26    

AutobotDen

Hugs: 18092
Mood: Wear a mask, Save Lives!
I think I wouldn't be able to do that. But at the same time, I think you're giving people a deserved sense of hope, and are being incredibly generous and kind, and the world needs more generous and kind people.

(0) (0)
Wishlist items at current:

Posted: Mar 7th, '18, 03:51    

light_sucks

Hugs: 155986
Mood: vaguely alive
Unpopular opinion ahead! Be warned.

I'm really against surrogacy as a concept. There are already too many people in the world. Paying someone to have a baby for you is weird and selfish in my opinion. Why not adopt a kid that's already been made? It's not nearly as expensive as surrogacy, and you're helping a child in need, and you're not contributing to over population.

(0) (0)
They/Them pronouns, please.

Call me Moss.

Posted: May 20th, '18, 07:47    

wolfcat87

Hugs: 10551
Mood: Interested
I really wanted to surrogate. Then I realized that most people hit their kids and are terrible parents. Also, I'd have to worry about the parents wanting me to have a selective abortion or not wanting the child when it's born. I decided that it's just better to let people adopt. I think it can be a beautiful thing for just the right people.

(1) (0)

Posted: Aug 19th, '18, 21:29    

Dream-Baby

Hugs: 111862
Mood: dreaming behind my desk, waiting for my stories to unfold.
I always said I wouldn't mind surrogacy if it was possible. After all if all sides are looked at correctly you end up making a family come to reality. :}

(0) (0)
Join me at Quetzal Palace in Furvilla.
Dream's personal Quote wrote:An insult is only insulting if you feel insulted.
You are a Fox!

Foxes are clever, perceptive, and shrewd. You're happiest working behind the scenes, pulling strings and watching others dance to your imperceptible tune. Independent yet highly social, you glide among your circles of acquaintance with ease, sharing your sharp wit or a delicious piece of gossip.

Image. Image

Posted: Oct 15th, '18, 11:38    

JosieQ

Hugs: 88083
Mood: Overwhelmed and despondent.
light_sucks wrote:Unpopular opinion ahead! Be warned.

I'm really against surrogacy as a concept. There are already too many people in the world. Paying someone to have a baby for you is weird and selfish in my opinion. Why not adopt a kid that's already been made? It's not nearly as expensive as surrogacy, and you're helping a child in need, and you're not contributing to over population.
As long as you're not saying you want to make a LAW against surrogacy, then I don't think your opinion is a bad one. ;)

I don't want kids, but I feel like if I did I'd definitely consider adopting. I'd probably want to shop around and get the weirdest kid they have, because I definitely want a weirdo, no normal kids for me boo.

However, have you ever been in love, light? I have and am, and as against-having-kids as I always have been, sometimes I look at him and I think, "Man I would love to have a tiny version of him." Humans don't last very long, and it's sad to me to think that he's going to end and that'll be all there is of him, nothing to continue on, and when I think about that I think yeah, I kinda almost want to procreate with him. I mean sure, you can adopt a kid and raise them with your values, and carry on in that way, but it's not quite the same is it? I want the kid to maybe have his big nose, and his hands, and his weird brain. I didn't know him in his childhood, and having his kid would be almost like being able to do that.

So when I think of all that, I don't really think of it as selfish to want your own, blood-related kin.

Of course lots of people breed as a matter of course, out of boredom basically, or to save a relationship, and those people ARE weird and selfish. I've seen them in grocery stores and at restaurants telling their kids to shut up just because they're making kid noises, and I think wow, you hate your kid that bad that you can't stand its cute kid-noises, why'd you have it? It's so sad to see the number of them that really just do seem to loathe their own children, just casually shouting at them or smacking them. It's more common than not to see bad parents. :mcsweat: At least the ones who have to go through all the cost and worry of surrogacy are more likely to cherish it and not unnecessarily shut it up all the time? Probably?

As to you Firefoxflare, I think you're brave for doing it. I never would or could, so it's nice to know people like you are out there, taking up the slack for cowards like me. ;)

(0) (0)

[ 14 posts ]