Me: It's nice because there's a lot of sick people there u8  38%  [ 10 ]
Mom: No smartass BU  62%  [ 16 ]
Total votes : 26
 Post subject: Is Any Opinion Invalid?
Posted: Aug 8th, '19, 20:48    

Moi

Hugs: 324565
Mood: Know you're not alone.

As an Asexual, I feel like I have no right to give my opinion or my opinion doesn't matter when it comes to things regarding intimacy and relationships and stuff like that.
I've been told that's not true, but it still bothers me.

And it's not the same as one of those "You don't even have kids don't criticize my parenting!" things. That's always a dumb thing to say to me. I can't cook, but I can tell you if your cooking is bad xD
It's on a whole different layer...

Someone was talking about how they don't understand host clubs in Japan because you pay for something that's not real. You're not getting real love or care - you're paying for it. And what if you get attached only to remember it's not real and they didn't see the point in it.

As a woman, I feel like most women want the same things - to be complimented and be made to feel like she's cute and pretty and boost her self esteem.

But I feel like my opinion doesn't count because I'm Asexual and I don't feel certain ways other people do.
A good time is good time and I have no desire or expectations for anything more than that.
Because it doesn't matter to me.
It's impossible for me to feel anything negative like hurt feelings or betrayal or jealousy because I have no feelings for anyone.

So my point being, if someone were to ask me how I'd feel if my boyfriend/girlfriend cheated on me, and I give my response - it doesn't feel like I'm allowed to voice my opinion because I don't and will never love someone in that way.

._.

Do you think anyone's opinion is invalid or do people's opinions always matter?

(0) (0)

"I'll miss the winter
A world of fragile things
Look for me in the white forest
Hiding in a hollow tree (come find me)
I know you hear me,
I can taste it in your tears."

Post subject: Re: Is Any Opinion Invalid?
Posted: Aug 8th, '19, 21:04    

Sanssouci

Hugs: 77944
I wouldn't go quite so far as to say that all opinions are valid. I mean, heck there are people who think Nazis are good and child molestation is ok. And those people need to shut their pie holes if you ask me. But with normal non-Nazi people, yes, I think people's opinions are valid when it comes things like people who have never been in a relationship giving their opinion on relationships. Because, even if you haven't been there yourself, you're still aware of how relationships work, what's healthy, what's not healthy, etc, and you can still use your imagination to help you decide how you would react if you were in a certain situation. So I think you can give your opinion about anything; I don't think you're limited to only things that you have personally experienced.

(0) (0)

Posted: Aug 10th, '19, 21:18    

Moi

I think some opinions are stupid and morally wrong, but I can accept people have them as long as they don't actually hurt people.
I don't know if that sounds stupid or not.
I mean it's one thing to not like something and it's another to do harm to that something.

Yeah, I get what you mean. I'm a pretty empathetic person and I can imagine what feelings, er, feel like xD

(0) (0)

"I'll miss the winter
I know you hear me,
I can taste it in your tears."

Posted: Aug 19th, '19, 18:25    

Zupprika

Hugs: 176999
Mood: tired
I think no opinion is invalid, as it is an opinion, not facts.
But I also think that experience makes a difference. If you are asexual and never had sex before, then you have a certain view about sexual things that may or may not be real.
Someone who never saw a cloud can have an image of what it is from other people's description, or look up on the internet what it is. That image can be spot on and they can be an expert, or it can be totally wrong but they don't know because they've never seen it.

Everybody's opinion has a value imo, but not always the same value.
Depends on the knowledge and experience people have + their attitude. I'd trust my mother on stuff about educating children. I would trust an expert with no kids about it if they're being open an honest. I wouldn't give a lot of value to someone with no kids that is being judgemental about it (= you do this wrong, you should do this).

(0) (0)
Image Image Image

Posted: Aug 20th, '19, 04:26    

Moi

Now you have me wondering what it would be like to never see a cloud xD;

I get what you're saying 8u

(0) (0)

"I'll miss the winter
I know you hear me,