Cass: <<  14%  [ 8 ]
Me: >>  48%  [ 28 ]
Total votes : 58
 Post subject: Re: I'm from __ of course I like __
Posted: Dec 22nd, '19, 15:35    

CycloneKira

Hugs: 40368
Mood: I'm trying.
I'm Indian, so I must like rice. Except I don't. But I'm Hyderabadi and love biryani. So there's that.

(0) (0)
It's not over yet.
There's a lot to look forward to.
Keep going.
You can do this :)
Leonard Snart wrote:There are only four rules you have to remember: Make the plan, execute the plan, expect the plan to go off the rails, throw away the plan.
1st fairy - June 3rd, 12:06 AM IST

Posted: Dec 25th, '19, 22:05    

Moi

Hugs: 324581
Mood: Know you're not alone.

That reminds me of when my dad was cooking food and asked me how much (Spanish) rice I wanted.
I told him that I don't eat rice.
He said "What kind of Mexican are you \>8U/"

(0) (0)

"I'll miss the winter
A world of fragile things
Look for me in the white forest
Hiding in a hollow tree (come find me)
I know you hear me,
I can taste it in your tears."

Posted: Aug 9th, '20, 20:35    

kitah810

Hugs: 6220
I'm from Ohio, and the ongoing joke or whatever for Ohioans is that we are born walking out of a cornfield, holding a jar of Ranch dressing and saying "Ope, let me just squeeze right by ya there." I love Ranch dressing. (And also, that Ope sentence has come out of my mouth more than once)

(0) (0)

Posted: Aug 9th, '20, 20:59    

Akili Li

Hugs: 222761
Mood: contemplative
Our family has moved too much and has members from too many countries to have a geographic thing like that, but when I meet new people who have already encountered my family before, I often get told, "Oh, you're one of that clan? You must like reading", and that's true. We have some dyslexic relatives and even they read a fair bit compared to most people these days, it seems.

I remember once going to a house that really creeped me out. I couldn't tell what it was, just I had this overwhelming dread and sense that something was off, something was wrong. Not exactly haunted, but something really... strange...
I avoided the owners after that and kept looking through news articles waiting to hear they were serial killers or something, because I just *knew* there was something wrong there....
I told my brother about it over a holiday one year. And he decided to investigate and got himself invited over there.
He came back and told me, "There are no bookcases. There are no book-shelves. They don't even have a stack of books on a table anywhere, there's no cookbook out on the kitchen counter, no books. That's what's wrong. I don't know if they're actual dangerous people, but they aren't readers."

At least I knew what it was that was so wrong about them, lol. >.<
(So far, no serial killer news, either. I still don't trust them, though. There's just something NOT RIGHT about a house with no books.)

(0) (0)
I want to buy or trade for these knuffels:
Earth Gen 18, Light Gen 19, Fire Gen 21, Air/Light/Water Gen 22, Light Gen 23, Earth/Light Gen 25, Darkness Gen 26.
Please PM me if you can help!

Posted: Aug 10th, '20, 00:57    

kitah810

No books...how do they survive? :mclaugh: I couldn't go without books.

(0) (0)

Posted: Aug 10th, '20, 07:55    

Akili Li

Hugs: 222761
Mood: contemplative
kitah810 wrote:No books...how do they survive? :mclaugh: I couldn't go without books.
Yes!
You get it!
Exactly!

(also, side note, I did not know that ranch dressing was associated with Ohioans at all. But once a friend made me a grilled cheese sandwich and she cut it up and put ranch dressing on the plate and said you ate it by dipping it in the ranch dressing. It was an interesting flavor combo - not bad, though. I'd never had it before. I liked the sort of chive flavor it had? Kind of? Does it even have chives in it? It just reminded me of chives...)

(0) (0)
I want to buy or trade for these knuffels:
Earth Gen 18, Light Gen 19, Fire Gen 21, Air/Light/Water Gen 22, Light Gen 23, Earth/Light Gen 25, Darkness Gen 26.
Please PM me if you can help!

Posted: Aug 12th, '20, 02:32    

kitah810

Akili Li wrote:
kitah810 wrote:No books...how do they survive? :mclaugh: I couldn't go without books.
Yes!
You get it!
Exactly!

(also, side note, I did not know that ranch dressing was associated with Ohioans at all. But once a friend made me a grilled cheese sandwich and she cut it up and put ranch dressing on the plate and said you ate it by dipping it in the ranch dressing. It was an interesting flavor combo - not bad, though. I'd never had it before. I liked the sort of chive flavor it had? Kind of? Does it even have chives in it? It just reminded me of chives...)[/quote

I love books. I have a built in mini bookcase on one of my walls. only 3 shelves, but still, a built in mini bookcase... As for the chive flavor, there are so many different kinds of ranch. My favorite has a cucumber flavor to it. my 2nd favorite is buttermilk ranch, i use it to dip my veggies in. (raw veggies) I have never dipped a grilled cheese in ranch, that seems weird to me. lol

(0) (0)

Posted: Sep 6th, '20, 17:08    

Koi

Hugs: 5296
Mood: i am a meat popsicle
I'm from Canada so of course I like maple syrup and poutine o.o It's true in my case.

Can't think of any others that don't like these two things. I usually find outsiders have trouble trying poutine though! I think they believe the fries will be mushy- or they don't like gravy. I'd kinda agree with the gravy part. If it's too strong or salty (I'm looking at you, NYFries) then it's a no-go. It's why I prefer mushroom gravy!
Also the cheese- it has to be curds V:< none of that shredded cheese. That's just cheese fries, fellows.

OH-! I think a common food we have that outsiders try is... "All Dressed" flavoured potato chips? I am not a fan as I don't mix sweet and salty XD but it's a popular one.

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 17th, '20, 02:44    

YourMajesty

Hugs: 32896
Mood: Dressed by a 9 year old.
I'm from North Carolina, so of course I like barbeque.

(0) (0)
Blank signature is blank.

Posted: Oct 17th, '20, 04:03    

Stinkerbell

Hugs: 6539
Mood: Amazing!
I'm from Florida, so of course, I like orange juice. But I live in the panhandle and the oranges grow mostly in the peninsula.

(1) (0)

[ 35 posts ]