Food  62%  [ 32 ]
Total votes : 52
 Post subject: Re: Your Funeral
Posted: Oct 28th, '20, 05:01    

ArmyAunt

Hugs: 53039
Mood: Too young to be this old.
Website: https://kingdomofknuffel.com//viewtopic.php?f=12&t=12512
I haven't really thought about my funeral much. I did tell my husband that if I go first to not spend a lot of money on my casket. I want him to get the cheapest box he can find and spend more money on the headstone. I want people who happen to walk by my grave to see that headstone and know that I loved and was loved.

(0) (0)
Disclaimer: No trees were harmed in the sending of this message;
however, a significant number of electrons were slightly inconvenienced.

I love the way the earth rotates. It really makes my day.
Questing for: Nothing at the moment.

^ Click my old knuffel above to go to my adoptables thread. ^
V Or click the bar below to go to my Knuffel Quick F/P page. V

First fairy found on 07/15/2012 -- Prize: Moth Fairy Top
Second fairy found on 10/03/2023 -- Prize: Midnight Fairy Top

Posted: Oct 28th, '20, 05:42    

KaT124

Hugs: 4811
Ah... Yeah... Usually when I think about that, I'm in a self-hate mood so I picture no one caring enough to come. Though I know better, and I'd have at least some people because I have a damn good family and group of friends who'd want to be there for it. I'm also hoping someone would be there for my mom if I manage to die before her, simply because my death would kill her. Other than that? I can't really envision how it'd go.

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 28th, '20, 05:58    

Carnehil

Hugs: 5754
Turn me into a tree, celebrate life not death.

(1) (0)

Posted: Oct 28th, '20, 06:03    

Beautiful Disaster

Hugs: 22587
Mood: Yeet
I think about that sometimes, just sort of musing. I don't know what it is, maybe the Irish in me, but I don't want people to be too sad about my death. A long time ago I read about how Irish funerals focus more on celebrating the life of the person, and gaining catharsis through honoring them, and that's what I want. When I die (hopefully a very long time from now) I expect people to be sad, of course, but I'd want them to celebrate my life. Make it a party, one final send off. This may sound strange, considering the name of the song, but I want Green Day's Good Riddance (Time of Your Life) played at my funeral. The name aside, having listened to the lyrics so often, I feel like it would be apropriate.

(0) (0)
May those who love us love us And those who don't love us May God turn their hearts, And if He doesn't turn their hearts, May He turn their ankles, So we'll know them by their limping.

Questing: 1 x Gold Bullion, 1 x Pearl, 2 x Pink Diamond, 4 x Silver Ore, 8 x Red Rose, 15 x Sparrow Egg

Posted: Oct 31st, '20, 05:30    

kitestrings

Hugs: 8307
i don't know what my funeral would look like, because i don't really have any like... living requests for how i want people to mourn me i guess. they can do it however they want, because i trust them.
i don't want people to be like wracked with grief when i die, but i don't want to be forgotten either. that just sounds sad. i think it'll be fine.
i don't, however, want to be embalmed. just plant me in the earth. don't even need a casket really, but if that makes it easier.

(0) (0)
call me wren ☆ he/him pronouns
art blog | rate my art!
knuffels

Posted: Oct 31st, '20, 12:10    

Mirika

Hugs: 574
Mood: Overall alright
Since my funeral is not for me, but for the loved ones, I never really think about it. I sometimes joke about wanting silly songs to be played, but that's it. That is why I would leave it all to them, I have no desires. I won't live to see it anyway. Heck, what I don't know, I don't care about anyway, so I can't really say I need people to mourn me either...

(0) (0)

Posted: Nov 2nd, '20, 05:42    

Suugar-Fiend

Hugs: 44907
Mood: .:::Sugarpiehoneybunchhhh..:::.
My family would be the only ppl to Mourn me and that's okay. I told them I want them to cremate me and plant a tree over me. Preferably a cherry tree. So there can be new life after me. And they can come and tlk to me...the tree lol and it won't feel as bad. I also just like the idea that cherry trees spring into blooming pink flowers every year.

(0) (0)

Posted: Nov 3rd, '20, 10:11    

Luluannabell

Hugs: 40897
Mood: ~<3
They're gonna burn me and bury me on a forest graveyard, where my future husband will also be buried. I want them to mourn there, because you have to get it out somehow, but I want the last song or whatever to be extremely happy, so everyone can leave with a better feeling, knowing that I hold nothing against them, because, uh... I'm dead.

(1) (0)
help

Posted: Nov 3rd, '20, 23:20    

witch77

Hugs: 51243
Mood: lazy
oh, this is a nice topic. ideally I would like to be cremated and made into a fertilizer for a tree sapling (hi @Suugar-Fiend and @Carnehil :qh: ) and have a rad party for my funeral/wake.

but really, whatever works for my family. i won't care, i'll be dead. i want them to have the least possible hassle with the funeral, so they can go back to their lives and not be financially burdened by my death. i understand the importance of mourning, psychologically, but i would be happy if my family was more thankful to have met me rather than sad to have lost me

(1) (0)

Posted: Nov 12th, '20, 08:43    

CrystalOwl

Hugs: 2914
I want to be put into one of those tree pods and feed plants with my body, and I don’t need any fancy funeral. Just people who loved me to celebrate and not be sad

(1) (0)
ImageImage

[ 21 posts ]