Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 10 posts ] 
Do you usually use PMs or forum threads to talk?
PMs  11%  [ 4 ]
Forum  13%  [ 5 ]
:food:  61%  [ 23 ]
There are other options besides those two choices, you know  3%  [ 1 ]
Well, I didn't, actually.  8%  [ 3 ]
You should post and tell me about them.  5%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 38
 Post subject: the inbox substitute
Posted: Aug 2nd, '20, 21:22    

Akili Li

Hugs: 222348
Mood: contemplative
I admit, private conversations and public ones are very different beasties, but right now I can't hold any pm conversations.

So if you're trying to reach me, use this?

And if you had sent me anything in the last, oh, probably year or so, I'm a little confused about how long it's been because so much has been happening, then it's probably also in message quarantine, and I haven't seen it.

So... catch me up? What's been happening in your lives, and the Knuffel Kingdom?

(0) (0)
I want to buy or trade for these knuffels:
Earth Gen 18, Light Gen 19, Fire Gen 21, Air/Light/Water Gen 22, Light Gen 23, Earth/Light Gen 25, Darkness Gen 26.
Please PM me if you can help!

Post subject: Re: the inbox substitute
Posted: Aug 3rd, '20, 20:17    

AliceON

Hugs: 102812
Hi! Yeah, that was me :mclaugh: I wrote:
"Hi! Long time no see! Just wanted to say I hope you're doing well and your family is safe."
You'll probably get it once the older messages are deleted because it still shows in my outbox instead of "sent messages". I didn't want to worry you, just saw you around after a long time :)

(1) (0)

Posted: Aug 3rd, '20, 23:58    

Akili Li

Thanks
It's really good to see that so many of the people I care about here on KofK are still active, which maybe I shouldn't mentally translate to "safe" but it was a reassurance to see your name pop up as online. :qh:
Hope you are thriving :qh:

(0) (0)
Earth Gen 18, Light Gen 19, Fire Gen 21, Air/Light/Water Gen 22, Light Gen 23, Earth/Light Gen 25, Darkness Gen 26.

Posted: Aug 10th, '20, 20:27    

AliceON

I'm fine, we're moving to another town and it's been stressful. getting up an hour earlier for work now, no routines that I'm used to anymore, everything needs organizing. also missing all of my friends' birthdays this year.

what about you?

(0) (0)

Posted: Aug 11th, '20, 02:23    

Akili Li

I lost 3/4 of my hives in one awful weekend. So that wasn't good. Ended up being roped in to a second job temporarily while they find someone permanent. Down to 1 Elder (don't want to talk about that though). The spring weather this year did weird things so I've had to take out a couple of trees, but I planted 8 more. So far three are still alive, and I've got a few others on order which will hopefully not be susceptible to the bacterial wilt the same way. My older sister moved, twice. I haven't seen either of my sisters lately and it's been hard. Cancelled the family reunion. My great-grand-aunt in Mexico had a nasty health scare and we went to see her because we thought she was dying, but she was really improving while we were there and then one of HER sisters came out to stay and we went home and she did pull out of it. So that's good news. My godson got an injury and is now out of the armed forces, kind of a relief there even with the long term health implications. He's going to a trade school now to learn carpentry since you don't need two good legs for that, really. That's on hold since the classes are suspended and he can't visit the school's workshop either to do projects on his own.
Let's see, I know there was a lot more.
I don't know, it all kind of runs together in my head.
We had an interesting moment trying to figure out the logic over the shemira ban (I usually volunteer for some of the night hours when it's hard to get someone to cover it).... I know you're not supposed to gather, but this is sitting with the dead, who did NOT die of Covid, nor of covid-related complications. One living person in the room, how is that violating social distancing? But no. Not allowed. That was... very very very hard on the widow. She was already distraught, and then this on top of it, it wasn't good. She ended up sedated, and it was just... why would they do that? Well. We ended up getting a volunteer who has a car to run to an electronics store in the city that was open 24-7 and getting one of those baby monitor set up things so that even if someone wasn't in the room there was a virtual presence... so strange... one of the most surreal moments I've had all year.

I might end up with a car.

It's been.... I don't know. Intense.

(0) (0)

Posted: Aug 15th, '20, 17:26    

AliceON

intence is a mild way to put it. I'm sorry for your loss

virtual shemira... wow...

I hope the rest of the year is easier on you

(0) (0)

Posted: Aug 15th, '20, 18:51    

Akili Li

Yeah, that was just... Most of the covid-related regulations they put in place, you deal with and forget quickly. That's going to be the one that'll get passed down through the family as a story of "strange times we lived in". It was.... nope, I have no better word for it than "surreal".

Thanks for your sympathy.

Me, too! I don't need to live in interesting times! Although, better something like Covid than a war. I love how most countries are working together right now instead of against each other.

(0) (0)

Posted: Aug 18th, '20, 19:24    

AliceON

yep, I'm strictly opposed to living in interesting times. but we're dealing with it way better than our ancestors at virtually any given moment of our past. sure not all countries even recognize covid as a problem but most do. or at least I hope so

(1) (0)

Posted: Aug 19th, '20, 08:43    

Akili Li

Yeah, in the middle of everything, it's making me... weirdly hopeful? I guess? I'm not actually very good at recognizing my own emotions so maybe that's not the most accurate description, but... I find myself just a little bit friendlier when I first come across strangers. A little less likely to view them cynically. I don't know. Kind of a good side effect, for a world-wide tragedy. It could be so much worse.

(0) (0)

Posted: Aug 28th, '20, 21:59    

AliceON

hmmmm I think I can see what you mean. wouldn't say I feel the same but I'm not sure what exactly I'm feeling anymore. I'm mostly just tired from so much going on.

(0) (0)

[ 10 posts ]