Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 54 posts ] 
Food, yes?
Yes  67%  [ 109 ]
Nope :B  33%  [ 54 ]
Total votes : 163
 Post subject: Re: 1x1 Search (always open)
Posted: Feb 3rd, '19, 04:01    

Crybaby

Hugs: 2596
I haven’t been in here in ages, but I want to come back and role-play again.

Anyone out there interested in starting a thread? ^_^

(0) (0)
Please buy the items I put up for auction, or else Nejii will forever be pelted with soccer balls. :)
Auctioned items: Lava, Book of Water, Green Diamond x2, Red Diamond, Earth Orb, Darkness Orb, Fire Orb, Will-o'-Wisp, Black Diamond, Tiger Hat (Black), and Darkness Hairclip.
For the love of Neji, buy some stuff. Thank you. ^_^

Posted: Feb 3rd, '19, 06:24    

Akili Li

Hugs: 221993
Mood: Crumbly Crumpet
Actually, I might be? But I have a lot more experience with round-robin stories than I do with RPs and I have been told that that's about the worst thing you can do in terms of picking up bad habits for RPs, so it would need some teaching and patience on your part while I figure out the new writing rhythm of RPs.
Would you be up for that? On at least a trial basis, since we can always stop and re-evaluate if it's not working for either of us?

(0) (0)
I want to buy or trade for these knuffels:
Earth Gen 18, Light Gen 19, Fire Gen 21, Air/Light/Water Gen 22, Light Gen 23, Earth/Light Gen 25, Darkness Gen 26.
Please PM me if you can help!

Posted: Feb 3rd, '19, 07:11    

Crybaby

Thanks for the reply! I am more than willing to help you build RP experience. We all start somewhere! Do you have anything in mind?

(0) (0)
Please buy the items I put up for auction, or else Nejii will forever be pelted with soccer balls. :)
Auctioned items: Lava, Book of Water, Green Diamond x2, Red Diamond, Earth Orb, Darkness Orb, Fire Orb, Will-o'-Wisp, Black Diamond, Tiger Hat (Black), and Darkness Hairclip.

Posted: Feb 3rd, '19, 07:30    

Akili Li

Well, of the things listed in your first post I know shamefully few, so maybe you should choose from these?
-I've read the Harry Potter books, but not in the last ten years
-I've read the Lord of the Rings books, but not in the last twenty years
-I've read the first five black butler mangas in an English translation
-I've heard my sister talk about the Ouran High School Host Club, but not seen it.

(and then, whatever you pick, I'll do my best to brush up on it quickly)

(0) (0)
Earth Gen 18, Light Gen 19, Fire Gen 21, Air/Light/Water Gen 22, Light Gen 23, Earth/Light Gen 25, Darkness Gen 26.

Posted: Feb 4th, '19, 04:00    

Crybaby

If you’re not caught up on black butler, or haven’t watched Ouran, I think it would be best to stay away from those to avoid spoiling the series for you. Are you more familiar with Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings?

(0) (0)

Posted: Feb 4th, '19, 04:12    

Akili Li

well, I've read Harry Potter more recently... but I actually OWN the Lord of the Rings books so that one would be a lot easier for me to reread and reference. So probably Lord of the Rings!

Did you have a specific time period within that world that you wanted to play in?

(0) (0)

Posted: Feb 4th, '19, 05:55    

Crybaby

That works! I studied a lot of Lord of the Rings lore, including the Silmarillion and other works relating to Middle Earth. I did not have in mind any specific timeframe. I can work with before the happenings of The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings, during it, or after the Ring is destroyed. I’m more concerned about what would be easier for you, considering you have not read them in a while and may not be as familiar with the history. What works best for you?

(0) (0)

Posted: Feb 4th, '19, 06:03    

Akili Li

As far as that goes, time would be less of an impact than scope... if we plan to set ourselves in one tiny corner of that realm, there's less to cover in terms of the source material, and more to create as we explore the minutiae. Although I suppose if we go the opposite direction and try something hugely grand and overarching then the minutiae won't matter so we won't have to worry about getting them correct....

How about we do it this way: Did you have a kingdom you wanted to play in? Or a race you'd like to include for sure?

((For that matter, if we did a crossover then we buy ourselves additional leeway. For instance, knuffel or wuffel find a strange burrow hole, and end up in Middle Earth through something rather like Alice's rabbit-hole. But I am not wed to any single idea; I'm more excited by the notion of figuring out RPs in general than attached to any specific scenario.))

(0) (0)

Posted: Feb 4th, '19, 06:16    

Crybaby

That’s a good point. My favorite race has always been the elves; their lore is so fascinating and in depth. Tolkien even made an entire functioning language and writing system! I would love to work with elves. What about you?

As for a knuffle crossover, I’m not opposed to the idea; however, I am not familiar with knuffle lore. I could do some research into it if that plot is something you would like to carry out.

(0) (0)

Posted: Feb 4th, '19, 06:29    

Akili Li

No worries, we don't need to introduce more complexity, there is already plenty going on in Tolkein's realm.

Elves, okay. I actually was rather curious about the relationship between the elves and the Ents/Onodrim. It could be fun to go that direction, if you don't mind? Maybe I can be a scholarly elf who spends a few decades trying to get answers from the Onodrim now and then? After all, for all that the elves supposedly taught them to talk, you have to wonder about how they really feel about each other, since the elves do spend a fair bit of time manipulating the plant-life around them. What in particular about the elves are you going to want to explore?

Oh.
Hm.
I don't think I'm quite up for actually learning a whole language just for an RP, though. Maybe some phrases here and there, but can we please stick with English for the majority of it?

(0) (0)

[ 54 posts ]