Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 186 posts ] 
how are you liking the roleplay so far, reader-along?
:mcsquee:  20%  [ 12 ]
:mclol:  22%  [ 13 ]
i'm not reading along :food:  58%  [ 34 ]
Total votes : 59
 Post subject: Vertigo {Tinker Bell & Mynah}
Posted: Apr 15th, '17, 06:45    

chuunibyou

Hugs: 99463
Mood: spiritual
Feel free to read along, but be cautioned: oodles of nosebleed-worthy fujoshi fanservice and trashy banter ahead.

(0) (0)
Come chat with me at my hangout thread!
Stroctoperry wrote:Because KofK trumps homework, for some reason.
Death Candy wrote:I just realized that "take out" means food, dating, and murder. And if you were a female praying mantis you'd have all three.
Akili Li wrote:People talk about bravery in these super dramatic terms like it only applies to soldiers going to war, but for all that I think true courage is found in the hard every day moments of social interaction and standing up for what you believe in even when it's not life-or-death, when it's instead a matter of approval-or-ostracization among people whose opinions you care about. That's harder, to my mind. That's an ongoing, you have to live with it forever thing, instead of one single moment that's the exception instead of the rule.

First fairy found 28th May 2015
Second fairy found 11th May 2017
Third fairy found 9th Jan 2024

Post subject: Re: Vertigo {Tinker Bell & Ambarsariya}
Posted: Apr 15th, '17, 06:57    

chuunibyou

NAME: Lain
ROLE(S): Visual, Main Vocal
APPEARANCE:
Spoiler

(0) (0)
Death Candy wrote:I just realized that "take out" means food, dating, and murder. And if you were a female praying mantis you'd have all three.
Akili Li wrote:People talk about bravery in these super dramatic terms like it only applies to soldiers going to war, but for all that I think true courage is found in the hard every day moments of social interaction and standing up for what you believe in even when it's not life-or-death, when it's instead a matter of approval-or-ostracization among people whose opinions you care about. That's harder, to my mind. That's an ongoing, you have to live with it forever thing, instead of one single moment that's the exception instead of the rule.

Posted: Apr 15th, '17, 06:58    

Tinker Bell

Hugs: 5984
Mood: Content

NAME: Tae
ROLE(S): Maknae, Lead Dancer, Sub-Vocal

(0) (0)
You know that place between sleep and awake? The place you can still remember dreaming? That's where I'll always love you, Peter Pan. That's where I'll be waiting.

Posted: Apr 15th, '17, 07:02    

chuunibyou

Lain thought he'd probably never get used to it. His reflection had a glazed expression, and he felt slightly sick. The stylist quickly dabbed makeup on his cheeks, hiding the paleness from nerves. His skin was clammy from the sweat that inevitably broke out when he was in this state, so that the makeup felt disagreeably sticky.

The stylist extended and curled his lashes, murmuring about how pretty he was. He watched the femininity of his features get accentuated with apathetic resignation. He was the 'flower boy', the visual, the 'bishonen' their fans in Japan squealed over. His looks cast him into the role. He was dreading the day he'd have to actually dress up and do a girl group dance, or the day he'd get shipped with another member of their group as the 'girl' or the 'uke' or something. Still, it could been worse. This recent album had a pop-rock concept and the stylist had done a pretty good job with the whole androgynous rocker look. His outfit appealed to him. Unlike a previous era he always remembered and repressed with a shudder as the days of their 'sweet' image, of pastel pants and aegyo overload in their MVs.

The door flew open and their manager popped her head in, harried. "Okay, so the show's in ten minutes. I know we didn't script or plan anything at all for stage epilogue but there's going to be a tension escalator, and I've got the order here," she thrust out a piece of paper and Ju-Kan, their leader, took it. His eyes traveled down the list, and he said aloud, "What exactly is a tension escalator though..." but the manager was already gone.

Lain's stylist spoke. "Basically you guys line up according to the order, and start the sexual tension. Like suppose Lain is first, then Ju-Kan, then Haneul. Lain grabs Ju-Kan's hair and looks into his eyes intensely. Ju-Kan's turn. He has to escalate it with Haneul, it has to be hotter than the previous turn. So maybe he pins him against a wall..." her hand was suspended with the mascara brush as she gazed into the mirror, absorbed in her imaginings, like she'd been a latent fangirl all this while. "And then Haneul..."

"Thanks, Noona," said Haneul, the rapper, hastily. But she didn't seem to hear as she continued, "But then Tae will be last, so he'll have no partner, he'll have to do it to the fans, but he'll have to do it the most hardcore, and that's not right because he's the innocent maknae!" Haneul grabbed the paper from Ju-Kan as the leader said, "I'm not pinning anybody against any walls."

"You won't have to. It's an open stage, there aren't any walls," smirked Lain, and Ju-Kan gave him a death glare. Haneul began reading out the order backwards. "Lain is last!" he hooted. "Tae must do it to Lain," he paused and waggled his eyebrows glancing from one to the other, "Ju-Kan must do it to Tae," his eyes swiveled between them and he went 'oooh!' and Lain rested his forehead in his palm while the stylist still stood with mascara in midair, apparently indulging in more imaginings according to the actual order now being revealed. "I must do it to Ju-Kan." He made a face. "Aw, maaaaan."

"Don't you dare complain! You're FIRST! You can probably get away with just tilting his chin towards you." Lain avoided Tae's eye as he snapped at Haneul. They'd done fanservice before, like the Pepero game, but this was the first time they were doing something like this, and it wasn't at all helping the churning in his stomach.

(0) (0)

Posted: Apr 15th, '17, 07:03    

Tinker Bell

Tae couldn't help but pout as makeup was put on his face by the stylist. He hated makeup, everyone knew that, but it was necessary. Apparently. Although he always washed his face for about half an hour afterwards so he didn't feel like he'd break out sort bad. It happened after their debut and he'd hated it. Not to mention, he didn't think he could good in their current concept. He had a baby face so he did better in the cuter concepts. That's what he seemed to think, anyway.

Their manager came in and said something about a 'tension escalator' before leaving. He listened to Lain's stylist tell them what they were expected to do. His face got hot, thankfully the makeup hid it. He couldn't do that! He didn't have to try playing innocent. He'd never even kissed someone. The closest he'd gotten was the Pepero game. He'd been partnered when Lain and pulled away first when they'd gotten close.

Ju-Kan read the order. He was going third? He couldn't do that. He definitely didn't think he'd be able to. Plus, wouldn't it look weird with Tae standing about a head shorter than the others? He pulled his feet into his chair and looked at bandmates as he hugged his legs.

"Hyung~" He was looking at Ju-Kan, but it was sort of to all of them. "I can't do that!" He was clearly already embarrassed. Third meant it was going to have to be a lot. And pop-rock concept or not, he was the innocent one. He wouldn't even know what to do. Although he knew that they didn't really have a choice. They had to do whatever they were told and it was getting harder to do it.

(0) (0)
You know that place between sleep and awake? The place you can still remember dreaming? That's where I'll always love you, Peter Pan. That's where I'll be waiting.

Posted: Apr 15th, '17, 07:06    

chuunibyou

"Hyung~" Lain glanced quickly at Tae and was relieved to find him looking at Ju-Kan. "I can't do that!"
Lain was momentarily confused. Ju-Kan was supposed to do to it to Tae, not the other way around. But he thought about it for a moment and it seemed Tae was making a declaration. And it made sense to make such a declaration about not doing something they were told to, to the leader.

Ju-Kan placed a hand on his shoulder with that eyes-half-closed expression he thought was meant to soothe. The expression of someone crooning a baby to sleep. "It's going to be okay, Tae. It doesn't mean anything. And you'll still remain pure." Haneul made a choking noise in the background. Ignoring him, Ju-Kan leaned forward. "I promise I won't steal your innocence." It was Lain's turn to choke.

"Okay, now you're just being a creep." Haneul jumped up and elbowed Ju-Kan aside. "Tae, if we plan it properly beforehand you won't have to do anything too scandalous. We may have to escalate, but we can start small and keep it low key." He overturned the paper with the order list and picked up a pencil. "Right, so I'll start by holding Ju-Kan hyung's chin, slowly tilting it towards me-" here Haneul bowed flamboyantly at Lain, acknowledging where the idea had come from.

"And you and Ju-Kan-sshi have to maintain eye contact throughout," said the stylist. Apparently Lain's makeup was completely forgotten now. Haneul nodded and gave another bow, at her this time, a lot more lowkey. "Next," He pointed his pencil at Ju-Kan, who had been eyeing him all this while, full of disapproval, for suddenly strutting around making plans for them and acting the leader around here. Ju-Kan snatched the pencil before he could continue and said, "I'm not pinning you against anything."

"You can grab my hair and bring your face close to mine, looking into my eyes intensely," said Haneul nonchalantly, winking at the stylist, whose hand slapped her mouth as she silently squealed.
Ju-Kan shuffled his feet, apparently at a loss. "Fine," he said, gruff and brooding, then brightened up when he remembered the pencil in his hand. He grabbed the paper from Haneul as well and said, "Turn around."

"I'm not giving you my back for a writing surface," said Haneul disgustedly.
"Yeah, hyung, that's overboard," said Lain.
"Fine," grumbled Ju-Kan again, using the wall. He turned around. "So Tae is next."
"Pin Lain against the wall," said Haneul, and cracked up, doubling over. Lain didn't find it funny, though he could see why Haneul thought it so hilarious. Leave alone that there was no wall. Tae pinning Lain against a hypothetical wall when he was almost a head shorter than him would look absolutely ridiculous. Lain shook his head exasperatedly.

(0) (0)

Posted: Apr 15th, '17, 07:08    

Tinker Bell

Ju-Kan came over to try comforting him. Although it didn't really work. He blushed even more at the things his hyung had said. Finally the blush was dark enough to be seen through the layers of makeup. He didn't think he liked this 'game'. It wasn't even a game, really, just fan service. A messed up version in his mind. "Hyung~" He whined quietly. He didn't think their leader was helping him very much.

Then Haneul was trying to make him feel better. Tae had to admit, it made him feel a little better when he suggested that they could still keep it low-key. He didn't want to do anything too "out there". He was fine with the cutesy stuff, that wasn't nearly as embarrassing. "Okay." He quietly gave in. He figured that he didn't really have much of a choice anyway. He would much rather do anything besides this game, though. Fans liked it when they did other things. He could do those other things.

Haneul gave the idea of what he was going to do. Then gave Ju-Kan what he could do. He bit his lip when they got to him. What was he supposed to do? "H-Haneul-hyung!" This small outburst made it very obvious that he didn't appreciate the joke. Not when he was worried about disappointing their fans if he didn't do a good job. That was what scared him the most. He'd been a trainee since he was 10, so most of his life was spent with him learning that the key to his - and his bandmates' - happiness was how happy they made their fans. What if he failed?! He didn't want to fail and disappoint the fans or his hyungs.

(0) (0)

Posted: Apr 15th, '17, 07:11    

chuunibyou

Lain thought it was time to intervene. He would've preferred not to right now, he was already nerve-wracked, but the most Tae had been able to do was whine ineffectually. Although he said he wouldn't do it, he gave in when Haneul said they'd keep it low-key. He had trusted Haneul and now the pabo was on his knees on the floor, he was laughing that hard.

Nobody was going to take much notice of Tae's small protests, and Lain couldn't just let that be. Haneul especially tended to take as complete advantage as he could of such situations to take the mickey out of both of them- and Tae would get the worst of it because Haneul seemed to think he took more shit from him out of the two.

Once Haneul had taken his time heartily appreciating his own joke, Lain gave him a look like, Are you done? Then he addressed Tae, feeling awkward considering the circumstance, but it had to be done or they were both in for it. "Tae, you can just grab my collar and rest your forehead against mine." They would be nose for nose if they did this and it would be weird having their faces so close together, but it had to be escalated from Haneul and Ju-Kan's hair-grabbing moment, and at least it wasn't very sexual. Too close for comfort, but at least it wasn't scandalous.

Haneul, who'd been gasping for breath and clutching his abdomen while Lain spoke, said "Tae is gonna have to reach up on his tiptoe to rest foreheads with you," and doubled over again.
"That's why he pulls my collar, pabo! So that my head is pulled down to his level!"
"Is he gonna have to do that every time you kiss? Pull your collar?" interjected Ju-Kan. "That's like, treating you like a dog. A pet." Haneul lifted his head to widen his eyes a whole lot and splutter "P-pervert!" before succumbing to an even more violent fit of laughter. The stylist was watching proceedings with her hand still over her mouth. Lain couldn't bother to check if she was okay with all this other bullshit going on. Ju-Kan got unnecessarily encouraged by Haneul's reaction to what he said and added enthusiastically, "But Tae can get around that if he wears heels." He smirked at Tae. "Tae can be the girl. Lain can be Tae's oppa!"

Lain opened his mouth to yell that he was the girl, then stopped. His mouth stayed open in shock as he realized he had internalized the role he expected he'd be dumped with as the 'girl' in shipping and fanservice.
The stylist took her palm off her mouth slowly. "But I always thought Lain would be the girl." She looked to be deep in thought as she said, "Who would be top and bottom though?" Haneul punched the floor and rolled on it. Ju-Kan nodded like Yeah, that's the real question.

Lain snapped. "STOP!" Dramatically, he flung his arms outward with his palms flat up. "ENOUGH!" He bellowed. Haneul actually stopped laughing to stare at him. "Tae, just do what I said and don't take any notice of these pervs. It'll go fine."

The manager's head popped in again as she said, "Three minutes you're due on stage!" and popped out again. It took them all a second to blink and register what had happened.

Then:
Ju-Kan hauled Haneul up to his feet and scolded him as if they weren't being pervs together all this time.
Haneul looked neither bothered by the chiding nor nervous because he didn't take any of it seriously.
The stylist, in a flurry of panic, rushed to administer finishing touches to Lain.
Lain gave Tae a thumbs up even though he felt nerve-wrackingly close to a breakdown.
Then, with a minute left to take the stage, he realized he hadn't given any thought to what he'd do for the fans when his turn came in the tensioan escalator, nd he hadn't the faintest idea, and his stomach dropped to the far end of his being. He told himself he had the whole concert to mull on it. While trying to perform flawlessly without dying from the pressure and nerves.
What am I gonna do?!

(0) (0)

Posted: Apr 15th, '17, 07:12    

Tinker Bell

Haneul really wasn't helping the situation. Nor was Ju-Kan for that matter. That made Tae upset. Ju-Kan was their leader, the one he was supposed to be able to rely on for help. It seemed like neither really cared about him making sure that the fans got what they wanted, just making fun of him. He started to nervously mess with a dangling accessory on his outfit. He didn't like this. He tried to think of something he could do that wouldn't be too scandalous. Nothing was coming to mind, though.

Finally Lain spoke up and told him what to do. This made Tae relax a bit, sighing quietly. "Thanks, hyung." He said after a moment. However, it seemed like Haneul wasn't giving up. He glared at the rapper, his mouth pressed into a line. He wanted to say something, to yell at him. However, he couldn't be rude. He'd spent the first 10 years of his life in the states, so he'd gotten used to being able to say a lot more to someone older than him. It got him into trouble sometimes and he'd really rather not be on bad terms with any of his hyungs during the show.

Then they started to talk about Tae being 'the girl' of the relationship or whether it should be Lain. And who would be top and bottom. Tae's face went red. He knew a lot of the fans shipped with with...well, all members of the group and from the comments he'd seen online, he was always the bottom. It was totally embarrassing. Lain ended it and told Tae to just do what he'd said and he nodded a bit. They were almost on and Tae took a deep breath, standing from the chair to get ready. It wasn't the performance he was super worried about. Well, not the dancing. He practiced their dances so much he could do them in his sleep. It was hitting all of the notes. Sure, they had the track that played too, but fans removed that to hear them sing and he wasn't as good when performing.

They ushered out of the door and towards the stage when Tae realized something. He grabbed Lain's arm, mostly as a way to get his attention. "Hyung, what are you going to do?" He asked, he had his hand over the headset mic, just in case they had turned them on already. Lain never came up with an idea and no one had suggested anything to him either. He suddenly felt bad because Lain thought of what Tae should do instead of his own thing.

(0) (0)

Posted: Apr 15th, '17, 07:13    

chuunibyou

Out of the blue, Tae grabbed Lain's arm. Already overwrought, Lain felt his insides swoop. What was going on? This whole grabbing-his-arm-to-stop-him thing reminded him of those cringy moments in BL movies. Not that he watched a lot of BL movies, but just... it was so standard, so cliche, that it was the first thing that jumped into his head to make his insides plummet.

"Hyung, what are you going to do?"
Oh, so that was all. Lain sighed inaudibly, deflating slightly with relief. He'd been afraid Tae was practicing getting into the fanservice mood or something. Lain winced when he realized that his jumping to conclusions meant he had somehow slipped into a rather paranoid fanservice mood himself. He wanted to slap himself.
And he wanted to slap himself doubly so because he hadn't come up with what to do for his turn. All he could do was shake his head wordlessly at Tae, feeling on the verge of a breakdown.

Ju-Kan appeared suddenly at the doorway, 'Hey, are you guys coming or-' he stopped short and looked from Tae's hand clutching Lain's arm to his other hand blocking his mic, and raised his eyebrows like What, exactly, have I walked into? With a mock nonchalant tone he said, "What are you guys doing?"

"Nothing, Tae just stopped me to ask me something." Ju-Kan still looked suspicious so Lain repeated while blocking his own mic, "It's nothing. Don't tell Haneul, hyung." Haneul would only look at this situation in the worst possible way. But the moment the words were out of his mouth Lain wanted to slap himself triply so because he realized it was completely the wrong thing to say. I didn't mean for it to sound like that!

Ju-Kan's face was unreadable as he shrugged and said sharply, "We're due immediately, so whatever this is, this isn't the time." And he was gone, before Lain could protest further, not that there was the time. So he grabbed Tae's hand to rush him towards the stage; he was embarrassed and indignant but he didn't even have much space to wallow in those feelings, faced with the prospect of performing.

"Good luck," he said without looking at Tae when they arrived backstage. He dropped his hand and ran onto the stage to take his place. It was only as the lights turned on and were moving, and there was an eruption of cheering, that he remembered Tae's question. But it didn't make him feel sicker or make him want to slap himself quadruply so.

He remembered Tae's question. Tae's concern. And he felt slightly less sick to the stomach, slightly better. Slightly comforted in the midst of the mess he was inside.

(0) (0)

[ 186 posts ]