Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 186 posts ] 
how are you liking the roleplay so far, reader-along?
:mcsquee:  20%  [ 12 ]
:mclol:  22%  [ 13 ]
i'm not reading along :food:  58%  [ 34 ]
Total votes : 59
 Post subject: Re: Vertigo {Tinker Bell & Ambarsariya}
Posted: Jan 8th, '20, 20:57    

Tinker Bell

Hugs: 5989
Mood: Content
He wasn't going to be there. Maybe it would be easier for Tae to get the choreography. After all, his would likely be the hardest to learn. It always was. He glanced behind him again, as if waiting for Lain to appear out of a doorway. He didn't.

"Okay." Tae focused on walking where they were going. If Lain couldn't learn it fast enough, it would fall on Tae to help him learn. It always fell on Tae. Then again, Lain always helped him with the vocals, so it was a fair trade.

(0) (0)
You know that place between sleep and awake? The place you can still remember dreaming? That's where I'll always love you, Peter Pan. That's where I'll be waiting.

Posted: Jan 11th, '20, 13:53    

chuunibyou

Hugs: 99691

You have hugged chuunibyou!

Mood: spiritual
The photoshoot wasn't as unpleasant as Lain expected it to be. He didn't have to wait for his turn while his other members were photographed. Thus, he was able to finish his shoot immediately after getting ready for it with the styling and makeup. Although he had to pose, pose, and pose again for around half an hour, there were minimum touch-ups and he was quite sure he wouldn't have to be positioned again for retakes. Sure enough, when the photographer went through the shots he had taken, he found a handful of good ones to make the cut. Lain thanked the studio for their hard work, and then he was on his way.

He went back to the dorm first, because there was no way he was going to go to practice with makeup turning stickier as he sweated. He showered, changed and then was off again.

He checked the time as he entered the building that had their practice room, but couldn't really estimate how far everyone would be into learning their new song going just by the time that had passed. Their learning speed tended to vary widely with the kind of song they were doing, and sometimes they faced unexpected hurdles, or picked things up more easily than they'd have thought.

Lain burst into the practice room, put his water bottle and towel down and said, "Sorry I'm late!"

(0) (0)
Come chat with me at my hangout thread!
Stroctoperry wrote:Because KofK trumps homework, for some reason.
Death Candy wrote:I just realized that "take out" means food, dating, and murder. And if you were a female praying mantis you'd have all three.
Akili Li wrote:People talk about bravery in these super dramatic terms like it only applies to soldiers going to war, but for all that I think true courage is found in the hard every day moments of social interaction and standing up for what you believe in even when it's not life-or-death, when it's instead a matter of approval-or-ostracization among people whose opinions you care about. That's harder, to my mind. That's an ongoing, you have to live with it forever thing, instead of one single moment that's the exception instead of the rule.

First fairy found 28th May 2015
Second fairy found 11th May 2017
Third fairy found 9th Jan 2024

Posted: Jan 11th, '20, 16:56    

Tinker Bell

The dance they were learning was harder than for their last comeback, so it was taking longer. Even got Tae some of the moves were trickier to get. They had completed about a third of the song by the time Lain had burst into the room. They had been talking a short break, mostly to get some water.

Tae finished his drink as Lain came in, his eyes went to the door. He wasn't too late, so he wouldn't have too much to catch up on. Tae was definitely more awake than when Lain saw him last, dancing always woke him up. It was mostly moving his body that did it.

Tae sent a small smile Lain's way before taking one more sip of water.

(0) (0)
You know that place between sleep and awake? The place you can still remember dreaming? That's where I'll always love you, Peter Pan. That's where I'll be waiting.

Posted: Jan 13th, '20, 14:00    

chuunibyou

Lain had come in during a water break. Everyone turned around at his grand entrance. Lain should have sought the gaze of the choreographer to gauge his attitude towards him, but for some reason he looked at Tae first. Tae gave him a tiny smile before going back to his bottle. Lain felt comforted and encouraged just from that small gesture.

Ju-Kan nodded at him, Haneul waved- sort of, and the choreographer, with his hands on his hips, looked stern, but not pissed.

Lain walked towards the group. "How much did I miss?"

"It's taking us ages," whined Haneul, sliding down against the wall.

"We're still at the one-minute mark," nodded Ju-Kan.

"Fortunately for you," said the choreographer. Lain couldn't detect any snideness in his tone, but he still bowed hurriedly.

"I'll pick up from where you've all left off, and learn the first minute later. Not going to hold you all back," said Lain.

"We've still got to practice the first minute, so you might as well familiarise yourself with it now, although you'll have to practice it properly later," shrugged Ju-Kan. Lain nodded gratefully.

The choreographer clapped their hands, moving to the center of the room. "End of break. Come into formation again!" While everyone shuffled into their positions, the choreographer showed him where to stand, between Tae and Haneul. They'd probably had to practice while keeping a space for him, so as not to mess up the formation despite his absence. Lain felt sorry, but at least it hadn't been for long, and he was here now.

(0) (0)
Death Candy wrote:I just realized that "take out" means food, dating, and murder. And if you were a female praying mantis you'd have all three.
Akili Li wrote:People talk about bravery in these super dramatic terms like it only applies to soldiers going to war, but for all that I think true courage is found in the hard every day moments of social interaction and standing up for what you believe in even when it's not life-or-death, when it's instead a matter of approval-or-ostracization among people whose opinions you care about. That's harder, to my mind. That's an ongoing, you have to live with it forever thing, instead of one single moment that's the exception instead of the rule.

Posted: Jan 14th, '20, 00:57    

Tinker Bell

Tae put his water bottle down. He walked back to formation and took his starting position. Thankfully, they danced in sync for a bit, so Lain could follow them for a bit.

Part of Tae hoped that Lain wouldn't catch on. He used to love helping Lain learn the dances. Then he remembered that things were still be a little awkward between them. So maybe that wasn't the best thing right now.

(0) (0)

Posted: Jan 22nd, '20, 15:54    

chuunibyou

Lain found they were still practising the beginning of the dance for a while, luckily for him. It was indeed trickier to pick up than their previous choreographies. However, they moved on to the rest of the dance before he could gather more than a vague idea of the dance. He had expected that he'd have to learn the dance separately to catch up anyway, but it was proving to be more difficult than he'd anticipated.

He decided he'd worry about that when the time came for him to practice on his own. While the choreographer began to coach them in the rest of the dance, Lain paid particular attention. He was able to be on par with the others at least here.

After they'd finished practice and were catching their breaths, drinking water, and getting ready to leave for the dorm, Lain announced, "I'm going to stay back and practice a while longer." He hoped one of them would offer to stay back to teach him. He thought perhaps Ju-Kan would, being the leader. Then again, maybe Tae would- it was almost always Tae who helped him with his dancing before.

(0) (0)

Posted: Jan 22nd, '20, 20:10    

Tinker Bell

Soon practice was over. Tae was exhausted. Definitely the hardest dance they'd learned so far. And Tae usually picked up pretty quick. As he was drinking some water, Lain said he was staying.

"I'm going to stay too. I want to get that dance break." This wasn't unusual for Tae, he nearly always stayed after learning a dance. Plus, he hoped, that if he and Lain just focused on the dance, things would get less awkward, hopefully back to normal.

(0) (0)

Posted: Jan 30th, '20, 14:05    

chuunibyou

Tae offered to stay back to practice with him, and Lain was pleasantly surprised and grateful. Surprised, because although Tae had agreed that they needed to work things out between them, he didn't know whether Tae would have felt uncomfortable being alone with him.

"Thanks, I really appreciate the help. Cause I need it," said Lain. "And, I haven't got the hang of that dance break either. Want to work on that together?"

(0) (0)

Posted: Jan 30th, '20, 19:58    

Tinker Bell

Work on it together. Tae was expecting it, he just wasn't sure what to say. "Yeah, we can do that." He said. He had to at least act like everything was normal. If not for himself, then for the group. If they thought something was still wrong, it could ruin them. He couldn't do that to his friends. They meant too much. Then he couldn't help but think of Lain. Did he maybe mean a bit more? He shook his head, he couldn't think like that.

(0) (0)

Posted: Jan 31st, '20, 07:59    

chuunibyou

Lain briefly considered thanking Tae again when he agreed. Something along the lines of I know you must still be uncomfortable with me, especially as we're alone with each other, so thank you for agreeing to help me despite that. But he decided against saying anything of the sort, because it might make things awkward or remind Tae that he's uncomfortable with Lain when it might not be the case.

Lain settled on pretending that everything was back to normal. Fake it till you make it, he thought wryly. Then again, if they were to actually go back to normal, it wouldn't do to push Tae to be around him more than he was ready to be. It would be best to slowly, gradually acclimatise to each other's presence until they were back to how they used to be.

"Thanks. And uh, the parts you don't have to learn but I do? I can ask Ju-Kan to help. You don't have to lag behind because of me." Lain continued, "We'll do the dance break today because we both need to work on that." He smiled at Tae briefly and went to switch on the music.

(0) (0)

[ 186 posts ]