Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 130 posts ] 
 Post subject: A Rare Collectible [Eruvandir & Chrizine]
Posted: Oct 14th, '17, 23:36    

Chrizine

Hugs: 109523
Mood: Elusive Crumpet
~ Deep inside the east wing of the manor is a dark room with a window at the far end. Soft morning light is filtering in, revealing the silhouette of a young boy in a colden cage... ~

(0) (0)
My personal Quest thread:

And my buying thread!

My crafty hangout thread, where I talk about my sewing and crocheting projects and would love to hear about any kind of projects you do (or just come chat, that's fine too!):
Most urgent wishes currently:

ImageImageImageImageImage
Ehlenia Eyes (Aqua), Eyrion Fan (Claret), Jiniri Hair (Mocha), Lunar Night Banshee Hair (Blue White), Bat Momma Eyes (Ecru)

Check out jacobgrey's awesome interactive Harry Potter Fanfiction thread!

I'm on Flight Rising and Tattered Weave as well- feel free to friend me!

Post subject: Re: A Rare Collectible
Posted: Oct 15th, '17, 00:04    

Chrizine

Name: Amaryllis Violet Gardenia Wittingham
Species: Human
Family: Amaryllis - or Ama, as she has people call her - is born into the old and wealthy Wittingham family.
Her father is not very concerned with the raising of his children, mainly expecting them to behave properly and not cause trouble. He is obsessed with his menagerie of rare half-breed creatures, always trying to have more exotic animals than his neighbour and rival.
Her mother cares a great deal for Ama, but it is very important to her that she is raised to be a proper young lady. She means well, but can be very strict if she deems something important.
Ama has an older sister, Cassiopeia, who has married and left the family home already.
Character: Amaryllis is a gentle and obedient girl, but she is also wildly curious and that is very prone to overpower her obedience. She likes to sing and dress up, but she also enjoys spending her time outside in the garden and is not stingy about formalities.

((I might add to this once she is fleshed out a little more))

(0) (0)

And my buying thread!

My crafty hangout thread, where I talk about my sewing and crocheting projects and would love to hear about any kind of projects you do (or just come chat, that's fine too!):

Ehlenia Eyes (Aqua), Eyrion Fan (Claret), Jiniri Hair (Mocha), Lunar Night Banshee Hair (Blue White), Bat Momma Eyes (Ecru)

Post subject: Re: A Rare Collectible [Eruvandir & Chrizine]
Posted: Oct 15th, '17, 08:21    

Eruvandir

Hugs: 182124
Name: Nox

Species: "Raven Boy"

• [list][list][list] Appearance: Nox' hair is a very dark black with a few long, smooth, and angled feathers laying in patches over his strands. The feathers, with some strands of his hair, are glossy with a teal iridescence when illuminated. He has crystal blue eyes that almost glow in the night and pale skin covered in what could be described as tattoos. Raven feathers protrude from the outer area of his upper arm.
[/list][/list][/list]

About: The newly discovered species of the "Raven Boys" were found to be living in the Sondrier Forest when the corpse of a fledgling was found caught in a bear trap by the Hunters. These Raven Boys had no mothers or fathers because they were birthed by the Ygddra during the full moons, the largest, oldest, and only sentient tree inside the forest.
Nox had known the fledgling because he appointed himself as the fledgling's older brother and took care and guided him for six years. When his younger brother took too long collecting herbs, he had grown worried. And as hours turned into days, he had known then that his brother would never come back.[/color]

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 15th, '17, 09:19    

Eruvandir

-- INTRO --

Feathers fluttered as he rushed past the trees.

Run.

Twigs broke and vines snapped as he ran past, clawing his way out of the dense vegetation.

Run!

He could see the others entering Ygddra's domain. They would be safe there, from the hunters and their terrible weapons.

RUN!

Just a bit further and he would be home. Just a bit further and they wouldn't be able to catch him.

"We got 'im!"

Eh?, he thought as he heard them say that. And as he did, he stepped on something cold. It sprang up and hit his face and the weight over his head pushed him down. No! he clawed at the metal net. No! he tried to push it away but he could feel it tightening around him. No! No! No! No! No! the hunters closed in and kicked him in the head.

And there was nothing but darkness.

(0) (0)
Very inactive :mccry:

Posted: Oct 15th, '17, 13:14    

Chrizine

Loud voices from somewhere outside the manor woke Amaryllis. She couldn't understand what they were shouting, but it seemed something interesting was going on out there. Just as she wanted to get up, a servant girl entered silently to open her windows, just as every morning. She didn't notice that Ama was already awake, so she was startled by her sudden question: "What is going on out there?"
The girl turned to Ama and blushed a little. "Oh, Lady Amaryllis, you are already awake! I did not notice, my apologies. I shall send Mia to you with all haste!"
With that she started towards the door, but Amaryllis called her back. "You didn't answer my question. What is the commotion outside?"
The girl seemed reluctant to answer and hesitated a moment, but finally spoke: "Oh, it's nothing, really. A new addition to the menagerie arrived. I shall reprimand the boys for shouting so much about nothing, they must have woken you!"
That was a plausible story, there were new additions to the menagerie arriving fairly regularly. They normally didn't involve quite as much noise, though. It must be a huge beast, getting the servants tending to the creatures all excited and shouting. Why had her father not talked about it beforehand? He was usually excited to announce when he managed to acquire a new animal.
"What kind of creature is it this time? It must be something interesting if they're so excited about it for sure!"
The girl edged closer to the door and Amaryllis was wondering why she was so uncomfortable. "Oh, I don't know. I should really get Mia now, maybe she can answer your questions."
The girl practically fled the room with that and Ama didn't try to hold her back. She was obviously not getting much more out of her. Hopefully her handmaiden Mia would have a little gossip to share about the new arrival. Maybe the girl was just shy about talking to her, she hadn't been at the manor for long and Ama wasn't sure if she had ever talked to the girl before. What had been her name again? Surely Mia had told her, but she must have forgotten.

Amaryllis rose from her bed and walked over to the open windows. Leaning outside a little, she could see a dark, closed carriage standing in front of the east wing side entrance. Not a sea creature then, the huge tanks for those were kept in the north wing, closer to the river so it was easier to refill them.

Mia entered the room behind her and she turned, smiling. "Ah, Lady Ama! Liza told me you had already woken. Here, I brought your red dress, I hope that suits you today?"
Ah, so the girl was called Liza. Yes, she remembered being told now.
Nodding, she slipped out of her nightgown and let Mia tie her into the dress. "What is the creature that was brought this morning? Have you seen it yet?" she asked excitedly. To her surprise, Mia was silent for a moment before answering. "No, I haven't seen it myself. But I'm also not supposed to tell you anything about it, I'm sorry."
Well, that was odd. Maybe her father wanted this to be a big surprise reveal? Was it a Horsecat finally? She had wanted to see one for ages, so she could imagine her father being a little secretive about it before showing her. It always seemed to make him happy when she showed interest in his collection.
"Alright then, I suppose I'll just have to ask father about it at breakfast."
Mia smiled, apparently relieved that Ama wasn't trying to get her to reveal more about the thing and held out a bow and a flower clip to her. "Which one do you prefer for today?" Ama looked them over and pointed at the flower. "I think this will look nice with the dress. Also, I'm feeling more in a flowery mood today, ready to go outside into the garden. The weather looks lovely!" Mia laughed and nodded before fixing the clip into her hair. "Alright then, have a nice breakfast!"
Ama thanked her and headed out onto the corridor. She didn't have it far to the dining room, where her parents were already sitting at the table.
"Good morning father, good morning mother!" she curtsied and took her seat, smiling when a servant set a cup of hot chocolate in front of her. Her mother smiled at her. "Good morning Amaryllis. You look lovely today!"
Her father just nodded, close-lipped as usual. After eating in silence for a while, Ama spoke up: "I noticed a creature must have arrived this morning. What is it? I don't remember you telling us of it yet, father." She left out Liza telling her the commotion was a creature arrival, wondering if the girl had even been allowed to tell her that much. She didn't want to get her into trouble and she could have deduced that herself once she saw the carriage.
Contrary to her expectations, her father didn't look all too happy. He gave her a stern look. "Yes, but you are not to go near it. It is kept in the upper floor of the east wing, which you are from now on forbidden to enter." She furrowed her brow, but nodded obediently. "Just the upper floor, though, right? I'm still allowed to visit the swankittens downstairs?" Her father nodded. "That is alright, you can go to the lower floor. I wouldn't want to keep you from the kittens." He smiled a little at that and Ama returned his smile. Her mother switched the topic, seeming unwilling to discuss more about the new creature: "What do you plan to do this morning, Amaryllis?". She focused her attention on her mother and answered: "I was thinking about going into the garden. The weather looks lovely this morning." Her mother nodded approvingly. "Just don't be late to your stitching lesson at noon."
They had finished eating and her mother stood up, thereby also allowing Ama to leave the table. She curtsied again and headed outside, following the stairs down and stepped onto the terrace. The morning sun was warm on her skin and she smiled. Sure, it would be nice to spend the morning in the garden, but now she knew that whatever exactly had arrived, it was so special that she wasn't supposed to see it. And she knew where it was kept. It was all a matter of how to get there unseen...

(0) (0)

And my buying thread!

Posted: Oct 15th, '17, 13:59    

Eruvandir

Nox woke up with a fright and immediately felt the cold. His head throbbed and his muscles ached. He blinked his eyes clear and took a look around him. It was cold. It was dark. And most importantly, it wasn't home.

The memories of last night poured into his mind as he took in the golden bars surrounding him. Grasping the metal, he tried to push and pull, whimpering as it didn't budge. He could feel his breathing quicken and he swore the shadows were looming in closer to him. He could feel the collar around his neck tightening and the chain growing heavier at every breath. His hands shook as he looked at them, remembering the disappearance of his little brother.

This is what happened to Kron, he told himself, and he never came back.

He turned to look at the one window that only permitted a dim light to shine on the floor. Moving towards the light but never reaching it, he leaned on the cage and held his knees to his chest. He wasn't going home and he knew it.

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 15th, '17, 15:02    

Chrizine

Carefully appearing as if she had no specific place she wanted to go, Amaryllis strolled through the garden. She glanced around from time to time to make sure nobody was paying any special attention to her and then turned into a small path lined with old rosebushes that she knew would bring her right to the back entrance of the east wing.
She entered, ready to declare that she wanted to see the swankittens if anyone happened to be inside, but after her eyes had adapted to the dark interior she realized that she was in fact alone. A wide smile spread on her face and she hurried towards the staircase and to the upper floor. When she came up she carefully glanced down the corridor, suspecting that her father might have placed a servant to make sure she didn't enter. But no, apparently he had expected her to behave like the obedient daughter she usually was and not taken any special precautions. Perfect! Sometimes it did really pay off not to cross your parents unnecessarily. She had always told Cassy so, but her sister never really took her advice. Maybe a certain stubbornness came with being the elder one.
Occasionally opening doors to both sides where she knew there had still been room for more cages, Ama walked down the corridor. By the time she had made it halfway down, she realized where it would be - the last room in the end, which had been empty ever since the butterfly-hawk had died. Her father had been distraught, losing the gem of his collection, but the poor thing really hadn't taken to living in captivity. Bereft of the sunshine and space to stretch its wings and fly it had starved itself to death in a matter of weeks.
When she entered the room, she first noticed the large golden cage, illuminated from behind by a little bit of the morning sun coming in through the small window. Inside, there was a small figure, huddled together and leaning against the bars of its cage. Having expected some large beast, Ama was surprised. What was it though? She couldn't quite make out the form at first. It looked somewhat human, even... There were some feathers growing on it, though, so presumably a half-bird. Why wasn't she supposed to see it? It didn't seem particularly dangerous, or else the cage would look a lot sturdier. She hesitated a moment, but then she called out to it in the soft voice she also used to calm the swankittens, hoping it would move so she could see it better. "Hey there, little newcomer. What would you be? I don't think I've ever seen someone quite like you..."

(0) (0)

And my buying thread!

Posted: Oct 15th, '17, 15:18    

Eruvandir

He sat there so buried in his distress that he did not hear the light steps approaching the room, nor did he notice the door opening. But with the very first word that escaped her lips, he jolted awake. Eyes wide like a scared prey, he immediately tried to moved backwards, trying to fuse himself with the bars behind him. Although as he took in the appearance of his visitor, he calmed down, awed by the sight before him.

The sun, he had thought as he looked at her golden hair. Slowly, he moved his bruised body towards the human. Warily, he crawled over the golden floor and wrapped a careful hand around one of the bars.

His eyes moved from her curled hair over to her light eyes, wondering how a human could have the same shine in her eyes as his newly born brothers. His eyebrows scrunched together as he stared at the familiar looking eyes.

"Kron's eyes," he rasped, "why do you have them?"

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 15th, '17, 15:40    

Chrizine

She had tried her best for her tone to be calming, but she had obviously scared the thing half to death anyway. It tried to flee from her, but there was nowhere it could go with its back to the bars of the cage.
That wasn't really surprising though, was it? It had probably been brought in straight from the wild. What was surprising though were the shining blue eyes that stared at her now. These were no animal eyes. They held the same fear that a lot of the creatures showed, but also an intelligence that far surpassed any of them.
Her breath caught in her chest when it did indeed move, crawling towards her and grabbing a bar of the cage. It didn't just look somewhat human now. It was a boy, feathers growing from his arms and hair and covered in dark markings, but a boy nonetheless.
And then he spoke. She was so shocked by the fact that her father would lock a boy that could speak in a cage just like any animal that it took her a moment to understand what he had said.
"Kron? Who is that?" was all she managed to say.
There were many more questions floating around in her head, but she couldn't quite sort them out. Why are you here? Where do you come from? Why would my father put you in a cage? Okay, that last one she could better answer herself. Because he was a novelty, something that the neighbour would have a hard time finding an equal to. Such an exciting addition to the collection! She could imagine her father gloating when somebody offered the boy to him... She idly wondered what he had paid to get him. It didn't matter though.
She crouched down in front of the cage, wanting to be at eye level with him.
"I'm sorry you're locked up in here."

(0) (0)

And my buying thread!

Posted: Oct 15th, '17, 15:55    

Eruvandir

Nox was about to scream at the human to demand the return of Kron's eyes but he stopped when she faced him eye to eye.

"I'm sorry you're locked up in here."

His eyebrows tilted in confusion, his earlier rage now forgotten. The human was acting strange. All humans are evil. Everyone in the forest knows that. He even experienced that evil himself. But why was this human crouching in front of him, speaking to him as if she felt sorry? Could it be because she had his brother's eyes? Could his brother's spirit be living inside this human's body?

He hesitantly spoke, unsure if his brother truly was in the room with him. "Kron? Is that you?"

His heart beat faster with expectation. Inside his mind, he could already see his nest brother crouching in front of him on the other side of the bars. He grasped those bars with both hands and his eyes misted, a smile slowly forming on his mouth. "You are alive, brother! The humans did not kill you!" His voice softened as he looked into her eyes. "We were worried about you, thinking that you had died by the Hunter's hands. But you are here now, in front of me."

He reached out and held her wrist softly, a serious gaze washing over his face. "You have to leave this place, Kron. Go back to Ygddra. You will be safe there. Our brothers will be waiting for you."

(0) (0)

[ 130 posts ]