They sure have!  48%  [ 43 ]
Somewhat, but not very noticeably.  34%  [ 30 ]
Not really.  18%  [ 16 ]
Total votes : 89
 Post subject: Music You Liked When You Were Younger
Posted: Oct 27th, '16, 03:29    

RockinSia

Hugs: 23580
I have tons of songs I really enjoyed when I was in my teens, but I've listened to them recently. I'm starting to wonder if I'm becoming an old woman at heart or something. Maybe my taste in music has evolved. I'm not sure exactly.

It's not like all of my music from the past feels awful, but there are just some where I completely wonder why I even listened to them. I think part of it is probably because I wasn't as able to manage my angst and such as well as I do now. I listened to angry and dark music a lot back then. Now when I'm angry, I only listen to maybe a few full songs to sing and let it out. After that I don't really touch it.

Have you ever experienced something similar?

(0) (0)

Post subject: Re: Music You Liked When You Were Younger
Posted: Oct 30th, '16, 13:01    

Pingbot

Hugs: 10101
Mood: SLEEPY
Definitely. I don't even have to go that far back to find music I don't really listen to anymore because I don't need it as much. Even just a couple of years ago, when I was in school, I listened to a lot of music that I felt had very motivational qualities, or that I could sort of experience as background noise while I worked. Now I like listening to more lyrical things, and don't need as much of a constant steady upbeat rhythm.

It's pretty funny listening to things I listened to as a teen now. Some things haven't changed, but a lot of it sounds so dated! And some of it is having a sort of a second rebirth with the current wave of nostalgia.

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 30th, '16, 23:01    

PastelWitch

Hugs: 38254
Mood: Obsessed
I get really embarrassed by some of the crap I used to listen to - but I have trends. I'm a fan of the same kinds of things but just have more resources to find new bands/artists.

I think one of the problems is that back when I was younger music was a CD or radio.

(0) (0)
she/her
wild knuffel vote

Posted: Oct 31st, '16, 01:06    

blackbriar

Hugs: 57670
Mood: lazy
I listen to a lot that I listened to as a child at least half for nostalgia but I don't listen to my high school music much. I don't think I really liked that pop stuff, but it was popular and I got into it because of that. What I listen to now is wildly different, but honestly I've just adopted more genres into my tastes because I listen to just about everything. Also, my ear for music has improved so all that stuff with crappy singing and jarring notes? Un-uh honey.

(0) (0)
Huge Art Request

XoXoXoXo

Items as payment

Posted: Nov 1st, '16, 00:15    

ashabellanar

Hugs: 43503
Mood: Boondocks
i used to LOVE mambo # 5

(0) (0)

Posted: Nov 16th, '16, 20:14    

Zupprika

Hugs: 176428
Mood: tired
I used to love the early 2000's punk rock bands. I listen to them sometimes with a great feeling of nostalgia x) But I still like it.

(0) (0)
Image Image Image

Posted: Nov 24th, '16, 06:56    

646rebecca

Hugs: 111363
Mood: (#]^-^[#)
ashabellanar wrote:i used to LOVE mambo # 5
Ahahaha ... Used ... I still love that song~ but I don't go out of my way to listen to it

There were so many songs I used to listen to when I was younger, I still love a lot of them now, like I just said^^ I just don't go out of my way to listen to them anymore~
The most shocking thing to me was realizing how dirty the songs were which I love as a child !___!

(0) (0)
My Material Trading Page!
need: red diamond x15

Posted: Dec 2nd, '16, 06:38    

Megurine_Gem

Hugs: 33444
I always hated Mambo #5. My older sister convinced me that she paid $50 to get her name into the song and I believed her.
646rebecca wrote: The most shocking thing to me was realizing how dirty the songs were which I love as a child !___!
This makes me cringe so much and finding out bands that I like created very inappropriate songs (I'm looking at you Vengaboys and Aqua). I still enjoy a lot of the songs I listened to when I was 12, probably the majority of them.

(0) (0)
You are missing the following material: 28 x Black Diamond, 1 x Book of Water, 59 x Eel, 100 x Groundsel, 356 x Origami Crane, 64 x Rain Cloud, 1 x Water Orb, 1 x Water Potion.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Posted: Dec 10th, '16, 02:04    

Miki-Pi

Hugs: 39890
Mood: Chillin~Im back on here!!!
OMG, anything from the 2000's. That stuff was GOLD! LOL
s CLUB 7, anyone?

(0) (0)
I need: 6 Groundsel, 40 Gold Ore, 47 Bubbles
Heine_Ram wrote:xD Stay Nyappy nyappy nyappy MIKI-pun!

Posted: May 15th, '17, 18:20    

nesthzeru

Hugs: 15368
Tbh I'm a simple woman who still likes her old favorites and just keeps adding to the list. Then again I also heavily run on nostalgia so that's no indicator on the quality of the music I listen to :'D

(0) (0)

[ 36 posts ]