Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 46 posts ] 
What are some typical kinds of characters you like?
The cute innocent ones  11%  [ 50 ]
The kinda (or really) quirky ones  12%  [ 57 ]
The ones who kick ass  15%  [ 70 ]
The dark brooding ones  13%  [ 59 ]
The shy (usually kinda nerdy) ones  9%  [ 41 ]
The tomboy ones  7%  [ 31 ]
The...other ones...  11%  [ 50 ]
The food giving ones  23%  [ 107 ]
Total votes : 465
 Post subject: What kinds of characters do you like?
Posted: Jan 18th, '13, 10:35    

emilyoni

Hugs: 8096
So I've noticed a pattern in the kinds of anime characters people like. For me, fthey tend to be mostly blonde females (Misuzu from Air, Mugi from K-On!, etc.). Yeah, dunno why that is.

Also, they all tend to be those characters who are sort of...in their own worlds, though I think that may be because I can relate. And they tend to be more background characters but occasionally I'll fall in love with a main character (like Suigintou from Rozen Maiden, love her!). And I tend to like characters who if they were people in real life, I would probably hate them. Like the really stuck-up kind of obnoxious ones or the ones who are super sassy or pick on people (like Suiseiseki from Rozen Maiden).

My friend tends to like the girls who kick ass and aren't super feminine but are still pretty (then again, in anime almost everyone is pretty)...Crap, I forgot her name but this girl who name starts with a U who wants to be a prince, she really loves her. (She made us watch the movie. It was strange.)

My boyfriend, well, of course he likes all the attractive girls (as long as they're not too obnoxious). He also tends to like guys with spiky hair like Goku and that guy from Final Fantasy. Yeah I know, I suck with names.

Do you guys notice any patterns in characters you or other people like? Physical things? Personality things? Roles? Etc.

(0) (0)
ImageImage

Post subject: Re: What kinds of characters do you like?
Posted: Jan 18th, '13, 18:35    

ArtNote

Hugs: 31353
Mood: (∪。∪ )。。。zzZ
There is a pattern, I have lots of draw books about manga and anime, and mostly it has some examples of some characters to practice with with information like 'what is it's role?' for example you have characters made to make a story lighter -you know, when a dark story's needs some/a person(s) to make you laugh somethimes - There are a lot of characters based on a stereotype, but that's fine -It's a good sign when a idea after many many times stil gets used.

-sorry if there are any English mistakes| I'm still learning ..

(0) (0)

Posted: Jan 18th, '13, 20:56    

Moi

Hugs: 322572
Mood: Know you're not alone.

Revolutionary Girl Utena?

I tend to like male characters that are feminine or look feminine.
I also like badass women.
I also like darker kinds of personalities.
And some characters that are maybe stranger than others.
I also LOVE sarcastic characters.

I can't stand female characters that are distant from others.
Like Rei from Evangelion.
This type of character irritates me.

Just certain characters get on my nerves. Maybe they just butt in too much.
Or think they're better than someone else.

(0) (0)

"I'll miss the winter
A world of fragile things
Look for me in the white forest
Hiding in a hollow tree (come find me)
I know you hear me,
I can taste it in your tears."

Posted: Jan 19th, '13, 07:07    

emilyoni

Hugs: 8096
Yes that one! Thank you, that was bothering me XD

(0) (0)
ImageImage

Posted: Jan 20th, '13, 09:53    

Bright Sword

Hugs: 5630
Mood: Unsure
Hm... I tend to like idiot heroes... The ones that don't really know what's going on and tend to do things simply because they think it's right or they want to. They usually create interesting (and sometimes even otherwise impossible) situations with their "idiocy" P:

(0) (0)
*Insert Whatever Creative Signature You Can Think Of Here*
Want to RP? Don't have ideas? Check this out!

Posted: Jan 23rd, '13, 18:12    

pachi

Hugs: 6587
Mood: dead.
I like minor characters that are pivotal to the plot. Kinda the same with my own characters LOL.

also, sarcastic smartass types. maybe.

(0) (0)

Posted: Jan 24th, '13, 07:11    

LeafyChan

Hugs: 1883
Mood: I'm so lonely~ Oh so Lonely~ I have no Foodpoints~
I love tsundere characters. However, if the character is TOO tsundere or gives in right away, I hate them. It's sort of an ify type of character to me then.
I love pedophile bait characters, despite not being a pedophile myself. I want to take the lolis and hug them, SQUEEZE THEM, CALL THEM MINE AND- ...Sorry.

Ahem, anywho, I tend to like the cutesy characters who are smart and unafraid of things and I tend to hate cutesy characters who are afraid of everything.

I love emotionless characters more than cutesy characters though... For example, I like Yuki from the melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya more than Mikuru because Mikuru is annoying and overly cutesy/terrified at times.

...I don't think I just made any sense in this post.

(0) (0)

Posted: Jan 28th, '13, 05:04    

Star_Dust

Hugs: 47423
Mood: Lurking
I like really funny characters like, I often like really awesome villains and badass characters. I also just like the really cute and nice characters or the ones I can really relate to in some way (even if it isn't obvious).

(0) (0)
Hopes and Dreams
Dream Avi.... That will never happen...

Feed My Knuffels!

Posted: Feb 5th, '13, 16:15    

Sheela

Hugs: 3690
Mood: shopping! <3
LeafyChan wrote:I love tsundere characters. However, if the character is TOO tsundere or gives in right away, I hate them. It's sort of an ify type of character to me then.
I love pedophile bait characters, despite not being a pedophile myself. I want to take the lolis and hug them, SQUEEZE THEM, CALL THEM MINE AND- ...Sorry.

Ahem, anywho, I tend to like the cutesy characters who are smart and unafraid of things and I tend to hate cutesy characters who are afraid of everything.

I love emotionless characters more than cutesy characters though... For example, I like Yuki from the melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya more than Mikuru because Mikuru is annoying and overly cutesy/terrified at times.

...I don't think I just made any sense in this post.

I was trying to think how to describe what kind of characters I like and then I read your post. It is exactly how I feel and think about characters.
I have to add that I dislike characters more than that I like another. I mean that I hate the cute characters who are to shy and afraid. I can actually stop watching an anime or drama or stop reading when there is a character like that even though the orther caracters are great, my dislike wins from the liking.

(0) (0)

Posted: Feb 9th, '13, 01:03    

Starrleigh

Hugs: 980
I like... big brother type characters. :mcconf: Like Kamina to Simon in Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Komui to Lenalee in D.Gray-man, and Ryoga to Ryoma in Prince of Tennis. I dunno... Big brother types are just... cool, in my opinion.

Ed to Al in FMA can even be added to that list.

(0) (0)

[ 46 posts ]