Yes  42%  [ 18 ]
No  58%  [ 25 ]
Total votes : 43
 Post subject: Re: The 2020 Reading Challenge
Posted: Mar 29th, '20, 01:06    

jacobgrey

Hugs: 131039
Mood: (◡‿◡)
Since everyone's buying books, all the publishers I work with have been coming to me for rush orders :mcheh: on top of that my team at the magazine need a lot more support to keep theirr spirits up and stay working. So overall I'm working about 3 times more than normal, which as you guys know, was already a lot XD I'm enjoying my Shadowhunters reread though. And I read back through three old book drafts to polish them up for republishing, so that was a bonus three that I could add to my reading challenge whilst also working haha.

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
First fairy 8.4.15; 2nd 7.6.17
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: Mar 29th, '20, 09:31    

LittleJulez

Hugs: 189565
Mood: happy :)
Hello again!

The Boyfriend Game sounds fun to me xD
Must have been if you kept on reading until 3 AM xD
Sorry to hear you are even more busy now though :(

I finished my 2nd book (oh wow, I am really ashamed amongst you guys :qoops: ) for this year - Why Linguistics Matters. Now I am going to finish another one from my next-to-bed book pile, Harry Potter 2 in Russian. I've been reading a few pages here and there, to it's not much left actually. After that I am going to pick a really nice book, a light read <3

I was actually thinking about re-reading Pride and Prejudice as well, I remember that I really liked it.

(0) (0)

Posted: Mar 29th, '20, 14:36    

AliceON

Hugs: 102755
wow it's nice to hear someone's got more work instead of less like so many other people!

I'll have to teach online but the only thing that's annoying the hell out of me is that the contract I got isn't for the seminar I had been preparing. so my whole setup can go to a trash can. I wouldn't even mind having to set up and teach another seminar if I was being paid for both but no one has replied to me about that option yet and I doubt anyone will.

@Julez: I've finished 3 and it doesn't look like there'll be more anytime soon. you'll catch up with me faster than you think

(0) (0)

Posted: Mar 29th, '20, 16:28    

jacobgrey

It's kind of annoying because everyone else has time off to chill and do what they like. While I'm working more than before. J is at home and he's getting 80% of his pay covered by the government so we won't have any problems financially, and we aren't getting to do anything together.

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: Mar 29th, '20, 16:57    

Sanssouci

Hugs: 77718
I started re-reading Tinker by Wen Spencer. It's a sort of fantasy, sci fi, steamy romance. I read it a few years ago and really liked it but don't remember it terribly well.

(0) (0)

Posted: Mar 30th, '20, 10:42    

LittleJulez

jacob, that is indeed annoying that you get to see each other even less now. How about letting him plan the wedding then xD??

Alice, aw darn, sorry about the seminar, it must have cost you a lot of time to prepare for it :(

Actually I am glad to hear someone is also so slow with their goal xD At the moment I doubt that I can read my 15 books this year, but it will all depend on how fast I finish my thesis. But hey, at least I started writing!

(0) (0)

Posted: Mar 30th, '20, 13:15    

jacobgrey

At this point there is no wedding to plan :mcsweat: had to cancel everything because of the lockdown. It's not clear when we'll be able to get married at all, let alone have a big group of people together in one place. To be honest we are probably going to jump as soon as they lift the restrictions and just get married with two witnesses, in case this goes on for longer.

Also besides that, he is no good at planning anything :qsml: :mcheh: he was supposed to be helping with planning in the first place and so far I chose every single thing haha. But I am getting him to help me with a few things around the house and some of my work that can be done by anyone, like admin stuff, so at least if we get everything done quicker we can have time together then.

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: Apr 5th, '20, 09:53    

LittleJulez

Oh shite sorry, how could I even forget :mcheh:
I can totally see why you want to elope and just get married after all this xD
Sounds like a good plan :)

I finished book Nr. 3 - Harry Potter 2 in Russian. FINALLY.
The question is what am I going to read next? I want a light read in German or English now, some physical book I own.

(0) (0)

Posted: Apr 5th, '20, 22:36    

jacobgrey

Well, plus my parents are being unbelievably petty (apparently I'm the devil's spawn for *only* sending a Mother's Day card, even though we're all on lockdown, neither of them have contacted me since Christmas, and I'm insanely busy... Yeah, tbh I think going out to post a card was me going above and beyond) so it feels like an even easier decision right now.

I am making my way through the Mortal Instruments fast enough that I decided to treat myself and get the boxset of one of the other trilogies set in the same world to read afterwards. I've been spending hours just sitting and reading, after it gets so late that I'm too tired to work but J doesn't want to go to bed yet. I read in bed while he plays his video games in the other room and by the time he comes in I've read half a book XD

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: Apr 6th, '20, 08:34    

LittleJulez

Oh wow, so you have contact with them again?

Sounds great xD I mean probably not the part where you are just waiting for J to come to bed, but at least you get some reading done xD

(0) (0)

[ 386 posts ]