Can you help me?
Yes 25%  25%  [ 2 ]
No 38%  38%  [ 3 ]
:food: 38%  38%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 8
 Post subject: Need help
Post Posted: Aug 9th, '20, 13:57    

OPALNYX
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 25692
Mood: To sleep per chance to dream!
Looking for help please, I have just got a tablet with pen and have no idea what drawing apps are good or bad.
So what apps do you use and why?
Thank you.
:mccute:

(0) (0)

Post subject: Re: Need help
Post Posted: Aug 9th, '20, 19:32    

Akili Li
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 103007
Mood: Crumbly Crumpet
Sadly I don't have a tablet myself.

Did it come with any recommendations or apps installed?

I don't even know if different tablets can all take the same apps. Is it like the whole Mac vs Windows thing where they have different programs, or... ?

(0) (0)
Back, still catching up. Can now read pms again, thanks to The Amazing Firn

Post Posted: Aug 10th, '20, 02:10    

OPALNYX
No it gave no recommendations were given.
Only what comes up in the Google play store when you search drawing apps.

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Aug 10th, '20, 08:04    

Akili Li
That sounds super frustrating!

And, weirdly, it also sounds like a bit of a lost opportunity on the part of the tablet maker. I bet they could have gotten a good partnership going with a software company by selling the tablets pre-loaded with a "trial version" of a drawing app or program. A lot of folk would likely end up buying it at the end of the trial, since it's what they'd have gotten used to.
So I'm surprised, honestly.

I suppose if you follow any artists on social media, a lot of them have the technical information of how they work posted on a FAQ (I never paid much mind to that part since I don't really understand a lot of the terms used, but I recall seeing a few list the programs they use)

Maybe it could be a starting place?

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Aug 30th, '20, 05:02    

Vivacity
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 4551
Mood: Smiles all around!
Hiya! I dunno if you still need help, but what tablet do you have? Since you said "Google Play" store I'll assume it's an Android, so in that case, my sister uses a free program called Medibang Paint that she really likes! It should be decently powerful since I follow a lot of artists that use it professionally even.

I bought an iPad recently, so if you have an iPad there's a paid program ($10 USD) called Procreate that's super popular and that I've been having fun with lately! On my computer I usually use Clip Studio Paint (get it when it's on sale, because they always have a ton of sales), and I just realized that you can get a subscription-based version for the iPad!

I hope that helped! :mclaugh:

(0) (0)

Post Posted: Sep 10th, '20, 19:27    

amalath
Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership
Hugs: 71809
Mood: hurting.
Android kinda lacks in the department of good, widely recognised and developed art apps, but Medibang and Autodesk Sketchbook are quite good. I also heard good opinions about Ibis Paint.

(0) (0)
32. Pansexual, mentally genderless, pagan, and full of attitude. Born female. Is a cat. Call me ama. I eat people. Ó~Ò_F

Qui-Gon Jinn Wrote:
Be mindful of the living Force, my young Padawan.
TimTam Wrote:
ama must be mad. XD
Merrymaking Wrote:
I wanted to die in a bloody fashion. And now I don't even die at all. I don't get crucified, either. It's stupid.
kaguya Wrote:
Once I remembered my birthday because the bread went out of date on it. @[email protected]
Hinote no Akai Wrote:
some other random conversation
I just mostly laugh to my comps
or shout at them
I think his head is ok
STARGATE!
LOOOOL