Yes!  25%  [ 6 ]
No, I prefer traditional art  38%  [ 9 ]
Feed me.  38%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 24
 Post subject: Tablets?
Posted: Sep 20th, '22, 04:42    

Miss-Meow

Hugs: 833
I'm in the market for a new drawing tablet! Does anyone have recommendations? The one I have now is an old Wacom from many, many years ago. It's served me well enough, but I'd love to get a display tablet to replace it. I think drawing on one of those would be easier and feel more natural. What are everyone's experiences with different types of tablets?

(0) (0)
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Post subject: Re: Tablets?
Posted: Sep 21st, '22, 15:04    

AlkseeyaKC

Hugs: 235454
Mood: I'm Blue dabadee dabadie.
Honestly drawing on the screeen is really nice. I have a Mobile Studio Pro (first adtittion, I hear the newer one are better). but it's EXPENSIVE!!

I hear artists talk about Surface Pro or iPad. I think if you use iPad a lot of the apps are subscription based, but it seems a lot of the drawing progames are going that way away, so depending on what you use it may not matter.

If you have a computer you could get a refurbished Cintiq. I heard form another artist that it doesn't matter what version you get, they are all good.

Best to go to the store and check them out, look at the prices and try to think what best fits your needs. I have what I have because at the time I wanted to take my whole computer around and draw where ever. But I've found the power doesn't last as long. even more so that it's getting old.

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 18th, '22, 08:33    

Miss-Meow

Hugs: 833
I didn't post this and immediately forget it's existence, noooo.

I'm hoping I can find a good deal on one after Thanksgiving (US).

(0) (0)
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Posted: Oct 22nd, '22, 18:01    

ArtNote

Hugs: 31351
Mood: (∪。∪ )。。。zzZ
Not gonna lie I still draw with the same model wacom bamboo tablet I received at 11 :mcheh: I even bought it again 2nd hand when my first one broke down after like 8-9 years

I did buy the wacom intuos in small before that, but I hate the 'paper' texture it got and how it makes my pen nibs wear down a lot faster, so I can recommend not buying that one unless you get one of the bigger models where you can switch out the paper one for a smooth surface, saves money on nibs!

(0) (0)

Posted: Nov 1st, '23, 06:21    

Rehgai

Hugs: 19037
Did you ever get a new Tablet?

(0) (0)
I'm working on my wishlist! I love wings, and the color green and black, fyi.

Posted: Dec 12th, '23, 09:13    

Outline

Hugs: 5301
Mood: Illustrating
I've tried using tablets without screens with no success. I discouraged myself with how badly I drew using it so I never went back and I can't afford one of those big screened Wascoms.

(0) (0)

Posted: Dec 12th, '23, 12:08    

ArtNote

Hugs: 31351
Mood: (∪。∪ )。。。zzZ
Outline wrote: Dec 12th, '23, 09:13 I've tried using tablets without screens with no success. I discouraged myself with how badly I drew using it so I never went back and I can't afford one of those big screened Wascoms.
At first everyone sucks at it, you definitely need to adjust a bit but once you do after a while it's not that hard! I've been using one of them since 11 and I have to say trying out a screen one from a friend I struggled :mcheh: though I'm less used to sketching on paper, I think regardless what type you draw with it's gonna need time and practice but I'd recommend it if you want to get started in drawing digitally but can't buy the screen one

(0) (0)

[ 7 posts ]