Total votes : 41
 Post subject: Re: Artnote's art dump
Posted: Dec 20th, '20, 19:40    

ArtNote

Hugs: 31346
Mood: (∪。∪ )。。。zzZ
GrimDaeva wrote:
ArtNote wrote:
ooh that looks p cool I'll check it out >:0 I have to say I still find illustrator pretty hard to use when I want to make more complicated shapes and such, practicing these cheeb icons n stuff with it rn:
Spoiler

I can only do lineless stuff with it tho, doing lineart- nooope XD but It's fun for simple characters like gudetama n such, made a bunch of kirby's a while ago too https://twitter.com/ArtnoteDa/status/13 ... 6756228098 - sorry lmao resizing everything is such a pain but don't want to have it all spill out of the topic box again// It's fun to make things using shapes

I actually got clip studio paint when for like a year w a backup tablet I got but I barely used it bc I'm so used to artrage-- I really need to get out of my comfort zone :') It looked quite nice tho! but yeah the layout of artrage (at least def the old vers I got) is so easy to use, I should prob buy the newest one sometime I think they added a lot more by now, can't believe it's been like 8-9 years since I got my tablet oOF - also tried downloading sai once! but it had spyware and stopped working bc I was stupid back then and used prob the wrong website for it//
Ommg they're all soo cute and the Kirbys! :mcsquee:
I followed you on DA & Twitter~
I love your prints and would def get one of your Gudetama if you ever had a print of it :mclove:

I started replaying old Kirby games on my Switch and it's been fun!
I never got to play them before so it's great that I'm able to now.
I think Dream course is my fav so far!

I feel the same with Clip paint ; u ; My first ever tablet, my uncle got me a wacom and a copy of Manga studio, it was amazing!
I'm just so used to the UI that I have a hard time learning new ones :mcdead:

I'm tempted to buy Artrage 6, I really like the brush engine~
I've tried Corel Painter and I managed to get the 2019 version through Humble bundle!
It's pretty amazing but the program is hundreds of dollars ; A ;
So, I feel like ArtRage is very affordable for the quality you get~

Hnng sorry I can nerd out about art all day lol :mcsquee:

Also, Krita is a nice free Art program.
I'm not very good at it but the brushes are very nice!
It used to run so bad on my old PC that I never got around to messing with it much.

Ohh that's unfortunate ; A ; I did hear about the spyware issues before, you might have got it from the right source but I believe there was an issue with the program getting flagged or blocked by anti-virus/malware.

It's been about the same amount of time for when I got my tablet as well!
I was in high school :mcshock:

Art has definitely been a form of therapy for me growing up~
AWWw thank you! ^//7//^ and omg same I've been drawing for ages but I started digitally when I was in highschool and my dad bought me my first tablet :qh: well technically it's still my tablet, it's just since abt a week a strip of it doesn't respond and it's most likely the hardware rip :')

I wish I could play a kirby game on switch hfdg but I'm currently saving up to get one! and probably a new tablet tho I have no idea where to look, I def prefer buying in store too so it's gonna take a while to replace it// I still have the backup tablet too, I feel bad I got it like 2 years ago with my dad and I didn't realize I'd hate it it so much :'D It's like the texture feels awful, also I suspect it really wears down my tablet pen nibs;; but only the large version had a replacement option for the texture f

and no worries I'm the same tbh It's fun to talk abt!~ what kinda tablet do you use btw? >:0 mine is a wacom bamboo cth-470, sadly only 2nd hand available now-- amazon had like two new ones, but won't ship to the Netherlandss - the rough one is a wacom intuos medium sized, I have to say the pen that comes with it iS awesome tho! sad I can't re-use it w my old grandma of a tablet :')

I definitely recommend it! It can only have gotten better tool wise, might buy an upgraded version this year once I got the tablet,, and maybe the switch and acnh like I originally planning;;

(0) (0)

Posted: Dec 21st, '20, 15:39    

GrimDaeva

Hugs: 1254
Mood: ♥(ノ´∀`)
ArtNote wrote:
Spoiler
AWWw thank you! ^//7//^ and omg same I've been drawing for ages but I started digitally when I was in highschool and my dad bought me my first tablet :qh: well technically it's still my tablet, it's just since abt a week a strip of it doesn't respond and it's most likely the hardware rip :')

I wish I could play a kirby game on switch hfdg but I'm currently saving up to get one! and probably a new tablet tho I have no idea where to look, I def prefer buying in store too so it's gonna take a while to replace it// I still have the backup tablet too, I feel bad I got it like 2 years ago with my dad and I didn't realize I'd hate it it so much :'D It's like the texture feels awful, also I suspect it really wears down my tablet pen nibs;; but only the large version had a replacement option for the texture f

and no worries I'm the same tbh It's fun to talk abt!~ what kinda tablet do you use btw? >:0 mine is a wacom bamboo cth-470, sadly only 2nd hand available now-- amazon had like two new ones, but won't ship to the Netherlandss - the rough one is a wacom intuos medium sized, I have to say the pen that comes with it iS awesome tho! sad I can't re-use it w my old grandma of a tablet :')

I definitely recommend it! It can only have gotten better tool wise, might buy an upgraded version this year once I got the tablet,, and maybe the switch and acnh like I originally planning;;
Oh same~ In 5th grade a friend of mine taught me how to draw anime and I've kept my interest in drawing up till now.

I've gone through many tablets, I'm also not a fan of Wacoms tablet texture.
If the texture is bothering you, it's possible to affix a different surface on top of the tablet.

My last slate tablet, before I got a graphics tablet was a Veikk brand.
For the price it was an amazing tablet.
I affixed a thick plastic piece over it that have it a more slick texture when drawing.
I like being able to glide easy with the pen, rather than having the paperlike drag.
The rough texture does wear down your nibs.

I ended up sending it to one of my friends who was previously using her mouse to draw.

Now I use a fancy XP-Pen Artist24 Pro
I previously had the XP-Pen Artist22 but I gave it to my husband.

A screen tablet is really a luxury, it really improves workflow and enhanced my experience when drawing.

I like to draw from the arm/shoulder so I got a big screen.
If you're interested in upgrading, I recommend the smaller ones for a good price if you don't wanna spend a fortune.

Veikk now has screen tablets but I'm unsure of the quality since I haven't tried them myself yet.
Huion is also another solid brand.
I think out of all the slate tablets I've tried Huion and Veikk were my favorites.
It felt even better than Wacom.
Although I've only ever tried their bamboo line and not intuos.

If you'd like any suggestions that will work with your budget/needs for a new tablet you're more than welcome to ask me!

Switch is probably my favorite console!
I got mine last year for my birthday/Christmas.
If you end up getting it, I'm more than happy to play with you! :mclove:

(0) (0)

Sad. Smol. Scared.
Just here for wholesome times~

❤️ Faye's Art Gallery ❤️

Posted: Dec 22nd, '20, 17:10    

ArtNote

GrimDaeva wrote:
ArtNote wrote:
Spoiler

Oh same~ In 5th grade a friend of mine taught me how to draw anime and I've kept my interest in drawing up till now.

I've gone through many tablets, I'm also not a fan of Wacoms tablet texture.
If the texture is bothering you, it's possible to affix a different surface on top of the tablet.

My last slate tablet, before I got a graphics tablet was a Veikk brand.
For the price it was an amazing tablet.
I affixed a thick plastic piece over it that have it a more slick texture when drawing.
I like being able to glide easy with the pen, rather than having the paperlike drag.
The rough texture does wear down your nibs.

I ended up sending it to one of my friends who was previously using her mouse to draw.

Now I use a fancy XP-Pen Artist24 Pro
I previously had the XP-Pen Artist22 but I gave it to my husband.

A screen tablet is really a luxury, it really improves workflow and enhanced my experience when drawing.

I like to draw from the arm/shoulder so I got a big screen.
If you're interested in upgrading, I recommend the smaller ones for a good price if you don't wanna spend a fortune.

Veikk now has screen tablets but I'm unsure of the quality since I haven't tried them myself yet.
Huion is also another solid brand.
I think out of all the slate tablets I've tried Huion and Veikk were my favorites.
It felt even better than Wacom.
Although I've only ever tried their bamboo line and not intuos.

If you'd like any suggestions that will work with your budget/needs for a new tablet you're more than welcome to ask me!

Switch is probably my favorite console!
I got mine last year for my birthday/Christmas.
If you end up getting it, I'm more than happy to play with you! :mclove:
I think for me I came across a ‘drawing manga’ book and got hooked XD sorry for the late reply btw! Saw the email notif and clicked but then forgot to reply later when I could^^”

Hmm I never tried that tbh, wasn’t sure if that’d influence how the pen reacts on the tablet? And ikr I hate the ‘paper’ texture they gave the wacom intuos, if I wanted a rough paper feel I’d use actual paper ugh

good news though!! I found my exact 9 year old tablet, 2nd hand for like 30 euro XD One day I’ll go out of my comfort zone and buy a brand new fancy tablet but I’m not ready-- Idk if I’d be able to adjust to a screen tablet tbh, it does look appealing I remember I was actually hoping for one of those when I asked for a tablet yeaaars ago but they were definitely a lot pricier back then probably, when I do switch one day I’ll def check out those brands!

I’m happy I can now actually save for that switch, can’t wait to play new horizons! And sure that sounds fun! Do you have a Discord btw?

(0) (0)

Posted: Dec 22nd, '20, 18:12    

GrimDaeva

ArtNote wrote:
Spoiler
I think for me I came across a ‘drawing manga’ book and got hooked XD sorry for the late reply btw! Saw the email notif and clicked but then forgot to reply later when I could^^”

Hmm I never tried that tbh, wasn’t sure if that’d influence how the pen reacts on the tablet? And ikr I hate the ‘paper’ texture they gave the wacom intuos, if I wanted a rough paper feel I’d use actual paper ugh

good news though!! I found my exact 9 year old tablet, 2nd hand for like 30 euro XD One day I’ll go out of my comfort zone and buy a brand new fancy tablet but I’m not ready-- Idk if I’d be able to adjust to a screen tablet tbh, it does look appealing I remember I was actually hoping for one of those when I asked for a tablet yeaaars ago but they were definitely a lot pricier back then probably, when I do switch one day I’ll def check out those brands!

I’m happy I can now actually save for that switch, can’t wait to play new horizons! And sure that sounds fun! Do you have a Discord btw?
I do! It's FayeKittie#9996
You're more than welcome to add me! :mcsquee:

No prob!
Ooh I used to love those how to draw books~

That's a great price!
You can actually get away with about a quarter stack of papers worth of thickness before your tablet won't detect the pen.

It took me a long time to consider getting a fancy screen tablet.
I managed to upgrade to a tilt enabled one which was a game changer.
It also has the 2 scroll wheels so I can zoom/rotate easier.

I just wish I held off a year, since the new one came out soon after I got that 22in one ; 3 ;

I'm excited to play with you!
Animal crossing is so fun!
I have a bunch of stuff I can gift you :mclove:

(0) (0)

Sad. Smol. Scared.

❤️ Faye's Art Gallery ❤️

Posted: Dec 22nd, '20, 19:40    

ArtNote

GrimDaeva wrote:
ArtNote wrote:
Spoiler

I do! It's FayeKittie#9996
You're more than welcome to add me! :mcsquee:

No prob!
Ooh I used to love those how to draw books~

That's a great price!
You can actually get away with about a quarter stack of papers worth of thickness before your tablet won't detect the pen.

It took me a long time to consider getting a fancy screen tablet.
I managed to upgrade to a tilt enabled one which was a game changer.
It also has the 2 scroll wheels so I can zoom/rotate easier.

I just wish I held off a year, since the new one came out soon after I got that 22in one ; 3 ;

I'm excited to play with you!
Animal crossing is so fun!
I have a bunch of stuff I can gift you :mclove:
Added you! my name is the same on Discord^^ ikrr I still have a stack of them, I used to hoard any book I could find - some were actually pretty bad lmaoo but I liked looking at the pictures mostly tbh and reading abt the steps, as a kid I used to laugh at how they tell you to make a base 'skeleton' of shapes to draw// I just drew from eye which could be so annoying if you got proportions wrong lmaoo, no go back button on paper rip - I was so wrong back then _:'3

wow I didn't know that! and I was thinking they were hyper sensitive lmaoo, and I feel you on that it's not a small decision buying a big new tablet- I was tempted two years back seeing these big pretty tablets but I was set on buying the intuos because it was so cheap (in my eyes) and could be bought in the store, not unimportant when it comes to buying electronics with my dad pfft - I just thought it'd be a nice small upgrade, sadly didn't realize how much the texture would bother me- my friend occassionally lends it tho for projects so it does come in handy sometimes

oof aahh that suckss idd when it's so close to each other XD like you're not going to buy another tablet again for that reason but missing out sucks f
It'll be some time probably till I have gathered enough funds :') but I'm looking forward to that shiny switch- still unsure if I'm buying a switch tho or switch lite// I hate how the switch lite has such limited colour options, or at least they could've given it a black version - not important for gameplay ofc but the aest h e t i cs

(0) (0)

Posted: Dec 23rd, '20, 10:02    

GrimDaeva

ArtNote wrote:
Spoiler
Added you! my name is the same on Discord^^ ikrr I still have a stack of them, I used to hoard any book I could find - some were actually pretty bad lmaoo but I liked looking at the pictures mostly tbh and reading abt the steps, as a kid I used to laugh at how they tell you to make a base 'skeleton' of shapes to draw// I just drew from eye which could be so annoying if you got proportions wrong lmaoo, no go back button on paper rip - I was so wrong back then _:'3

wow I didn't know that! and I was thinking they were hyper sensitive lmaoo, and I feel you on that it's not a small decision buying a big new tablet- I was tempted two years back seeing these big pretty tablets but I was set on buying the intuos because it was so cheap (in my eyes) and could be bought in the store, not unimportant when it comes to buying electronics with my dad pfft - I just thought it'd be a nice small upgrade, sadly didn't realize how much the texture would bother me- my friend occassionally lends it tho for projects so it does come in handy sometimes

oof aahh that suckss idd when it's so close to each other XD like you're not going to buy another tablet again for that reason but missing out sucks f
It'll be some time probably till I have gathered enough funds :') but I'm looking forward to that shiny switch- still unsure if I'm buying a switch tho or switch lite// I hate how the switch lite has such limited colour options, or at least they could've given it a black version - not important for gameplay ofc but the aest h e t i cs
O boi~ I typed a reply and it got erased because I got an error lol
I probably took too long to type x'D

A summary of what I was saying~

Thanks for the add! I'm always on Discord so you can message me anytime!
I used to borrow those how to draw books from friends~
I wasn't very well off when I was growing up, so I couldn't afford or ask my parents to buy me books.
My uncle really supported my talents for art so he surprised me with a tablet and the art program I mentioned before.
I believe that was a nice turning point in my life and got me into drawing as seriously as I am today~

My issue before was I would scrap my drawings too early when I made a mistake.
Also I'd get frustrated at anatomy ; 3 ; but at school, even art classes didn't teach us a thing about anatomy.
I mostly learned through DA and Youtube tutorials.
Doing life drawing lessons online also helped.
I forgot the site I used but it gives you timed exercises.
I also learned a lot from Proko and Marco bucci on Youtube
Mural Joe is also good and I surprisingly learned a lot about color theory from him

If you try it, I hope it helps with the texture issue!
If you hover your pen on your tablet and use your finger to press on it, it will register.
That's how it would still work even though you put something over it.
At some point the signal will be lost but for the most part, you can get away with putting a notebook over it or something, anything that would provide the texture you'd prefer.

It was a lot of money ; n ; had to save up a lot~ but it was well worth it.
Even though I no longer do commissions. I did have the 'can't make the money back' guilt for a while.. but I'm getting better about it ; 3 ;
Just letting myself enjoy art as a hobby~

I prefer the regular switch because you can hook it up to a TV.
That's probably the only drawback of the lite, so if you don't mind just using it as a handheld you can save a good $100

(0) (0)

Sad. Smol. Scared.

❤️ Faye's Art Gallery ❤️

Posted: Oct 19th, '21, 16:59    

Tiffbue

Hugs: 6567
Mood: puzzled
HOLY ASHIT THEY SO SMOOTH :mclol: :mclol: :mclol: smother than anime skin :mclol: ima ima I wanna try drew like that too

(0) (0)
it/its
____Fight for the Plague!!!Image

the knuffel wish list of mine.
Image_________Image________Image
and hey, check out lcey's hangout~

Posted: Oct 20th, '21, 22:09    

ArtNote

Tiffbue wrote:HOLY ASHIT THEY SO SMOOTH :mclol: :mclol: :mclol: smother than anime skin :mclol: ima ima I wanna try drew like that too
Aww thank you!! :mclaugh:

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 21st, '21, 07:40    

KaT124

Hugs: 4652
The colors are vibrant, the eyes sparkle. The lines are smooth, and it all feel energetic and playful in a way. I also like how you churn out expressions!

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 21st, '21, 14:49    

ArtNote

KaT124 wrote:The colors are vibrant, the eyes sparkle. The lines are smooth, and it all feel energetic and playful in a way. I also like how you churn out expressions!
Aw that means a lot to hear!// :qh:

(0) (0)

[ 29 posts ]