Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 35 posts ] 
 Post subject: Knuffel Poems and snippets
Posted: May 17th, '17, 17:32    

Akili Li

Hugs: 220569
Mood: Crumbly Crumpet
I thought it might be fun to start a thread and begin making up KofK-related stories and poems and things.

For one thing, every time I do a quest I make up a little story about why Umiel wants these odd materials for it.

So this seems like a good place to put them. There'll be a fair number of posts at first as I find where I put those stories and transfer them...

(0) (0)
I want to buy or trade for these knuffels:
Earth Gen 18, Light Gen 19, Fire Gen 21, Air/Light/Water Gen 22, Light Gen 23, Earth/Light Gen 25, Darkness Gen 26.
Please PM me if you can help!

Post subject: Re: Knuffel Poems and snippets
Posted: May 17th, '17, 17:36    

Akili Li

Okay so when I did the quest with the throat lozenge, Umiel wanted
6x Chestnut
4x Grounsel
5x Sausage
220 FP

In my head, it goes like this:

Umiel is in his tower, working on a potion to let Nympharia scry things on land in a special air bubble. After days of failures -finally! Success! The mood is high, and a knock comes at the door.
A throat lozenge?
Sure, fine, there's a whole package of perfectly ordinary throat lozenges in the desk drawer. Why come to Umiel? But who cares! This is a great opportunity! Time to celebrate -and he asks for 220 FP to cover the costs of replacing the lozenges, some groundsel to put in a vase as celebratory flowers, and chestnuts and sausages to have a nice feast with, because Victory Was Obtained!
Clueless, I go get him everything he wants thinking it's all needed for the lozenge.

(0) (0)
Earth Gen 18, Light Gen 19, Fire Gen 21, Air/Light/Water Gen 22, Light Gen 23, Earth/Light Gen 25, Darkness Gen 26.

Posted: May 17th, '17, 17:55    

Akili Li

A few days later, I'm back again. This time it's for Tree Fertilizer!
Umiel wants
3x Black Candle
1x Holy Water
5x Maple Leaf
3x Red Pepper
280 FP

Umiel was sorting out the old case studies, ordering lab notebooks, when I wander in.
Tree Fertlizer, is it, now?
Well.
The Maple Leaves and Red Peppers are to adjust the contents of the compost already moldering out back. The black candles and the holy water are for a simple spell to make time pass faster for the compost so it crumples at once into the perfect fertilizer!

The food points are for the trouble, and because it's time for a new wheelbarrow.

(0) (0)

Posted: May 17th, '17, 17:56    

Akili Li

(Side note. I know the economy is strange because even in my head, a wheelbarrow and some throat lozenges cost around the same amount. Well, maybe it's a barter society! Things change in value depending on how many are around and how much call for them there are.
No?
I don't know.
Work with me here, none of this makes sense.)

(0) (0)

Posted: May 17th, '17, 17:59    

Akili Li

Now I'm back from Gigi for a Fairy Wand!
It has to actually work.

For this, Umiel inexplicably only needs
5x Dogwood Leaf
7x Dumpling Recipe
2x Mermaid Hair
1x Twig
310 FP

I'm puzzled, but soon am convinced I know what's happening! Obviously the twig forms the basis of the wand. The mermaid hair wraps around it in a magical ribbon-like effect. The Dogwood Leaves are arranged to create a star shape, and then the dumpling recipes are really disguised magic runes to cast a spell to transform the whole into a 'wand' -it's not REALLY that magic, though. It just sheds glitter everywhere when you wave it around, because Umiel doesn't really trust Gigi with magic.
The runes are disguised as dumpling recipes because who needs that many of the same kind of recipe, and you have to have all of them at once to reveal their true form. So it's a pretty safe disguise.

The food points are because magic is tiring and Umiel needs spell ingredients for other projects.

(0) (0)

Posted: May 17th, '17, 18:04    

Akili Li

Next Ehlena recruits me for Unrequited Love.

Umiel wants

7x oyster
5x silver ring
10x toilet paper
1x valentine water
220 FP

At this point Umiel's got me pegged as very gullible, and decides what I need is a concoction of mostly old-wives'-tale aphrodisiacs and will use me to get other things for other projects that will leave me none the wiser.
So the oysters and valentine water are for the 'aphrodisiac'.
The silver rings are for partially as placebo-effect-enhancer to make the recipient think of rings and pledges, but mostly because Umiel uses them to mark the necks of genie-bottles.
The toilet paper is because NO ONE will suspect Umiel of TP'ing a rival's house, and there's this old childhood insult to avenge.
The FPs are because Umiel is hungry after preparing all those oysters, and wants to go out for lunch!

(0) (0)

Posted: May 17th, '17, 18:09    

Akili Li

It's the Queen's turn, now. I'm just running errands, and she wants Blood Pressure Medicine.
Sounds serious!

Umiel, in turn, asks for
1x Bubbles
3x Green Balloon
1x Mountain Dew
1x Spring Water
5x Tulip
1x Wren Egg
220 FP

Now, most of this is actually needed in the spell!
The spring water and mountain dew provide a refreshing base. The bubbles represent popping all the worries, and the balloons are used to send away stress factors. The tulips are so the recipient stops and notices the little things, like flowers, and the wren egg is a protein boost and because the promise of new life is so hopeful and healthy.
The food points are actually consumed to fuel the spell itself, because you don't mess around with this!

(0) (0)

Posted: May 17th, '17, 18:11    

Akili Li

The Queen is back again. This time she wants Sleeping Pills.

Umiel wants

1x Fire Ring
1x Light Potion
7x Paper Airplane
5x Spathe Flower
280 FP

The Spathe flowers are mildly soporific, the light potion as a distilling agent, the airplanes to send the recipient off to dreamland. The fire ring is for another project Umiel has going on, and the food points disguise the sleeping pills.

(0) (0)

Posted: May 17th, '17, 18:13    

Akili Li

I've dodged the Queen now, and am looking at hair styles when I'm set off for Scissors.

Umiel wants
1x Book of Magic
1x Darkness Ring
1x Mountain Dew
11x Mushroom
5x Raven Feather
300 FP

Actually the Book of Magic is because Gigi ran off with Umiel's copy, and it needs replacing! The Darkness Ring is what will be traded to a friend who has a pair of the needed scissors, the mountain dew is because Umiel wants to use it to make mushroom soup (with all those mushrooms. Alchemists have to eat, too!), and the raven feathers will become quills to make notes in the book of magic with.
The food points are in case the Darkness Ring is not enough, and Umiel's friend needs an extra bribe.

(0) (0)

Posted: May 17th, '17, 18:19    

Akili Li

Now Feanor has me running off to Umiel for a solar-powered hamster sized car.
Fancy.

Umiel wants
1x Groundsel
1x Light Ring
4x Oak Leaf
3x Spathe Flower
310 FP

The oak leaves and spathe flowers get shaped into a mini car, with the groundsel flower as a steering wheel, and the light ring to fuel it; the food points become spell-energy to make the transformation.
Honestly I think Umiel undercharged on this one! It's a grand bit of work made from very little!
Well, there's a reason Umiel is the Alchemist, after all.

(0) (0)

[ 35 posts ]