Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 13 posts ] 
What's the longest you've been away from kofk?
5+ years  33%  [ 14 ]
4 years  5%  [ 2 ]
3 years  10%  [ 4 ]
2 years  17%  [ 7 ]
1 year  7%  [ 3 ]
half a year  0%  [ 0 ]
a few months  7%  [ 3 ]
a few weeks  2%  [ 1 ]
a few days  7%  [ 3 ]
Never.  12%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 42
 Post subject: Not new, but kinda?
Posted: May 20th, '20, 13:23    

Luluannabell

Hugs: 40861
Mood: ~<3
Hello everyone. I haven't posted in like two years.

I used to have a pretty active hangout, but, like, all of the people that used to frequent that are pretty much gone now too... I don't think I'll try to revive it either. Time to let things rest.

I don't know if I'm going to be fairly active again or anything. I don't know. I just felt like coming back to the site. Call it nostalgia. I first came here when I was 15, looks like. Life's different now. While I used to click my knuffel every day as much as I could, that's probably not going to happen anymore. There's so many of them...

I'm just talking. I'm 24 now. Nearly finished university. Lots more anxiety. Living with my boyfriend. Studying for exams I'm not allowed to fail. Trying to find a part-time job.

I'll be happy to try and talk with some people in the forums again, but I'm not sure when I'll be ready to jump into random people's hangouts again.

~ :qh:

(0) (0)

Post subject: Re: Not new, but kinda?
Posted: May 20th, '20, 14:50    

JellyBrain

Hugs: 164017
Mood: Ready - Aim - Emergency!!!
Hello there and welcome back.
This is really a nice place to stay and have a chat even when not pretty much active.
Tbere is always someone here. ^^

The most on Smartphone while on their way home/ to work.
Super stupid to type, so many mistakes hope you dont mind. XD

(0) (0)
To ALL you writers, artists and social media users!!

https://kofk.de/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=62128

My price pool you can choose from (contains more pls have a look!)

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Posted: May 21st, '20, 12:53    

Sunlight

Hugs: 116416
Mood: Reflective
Website: http://kofk.de/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=13052
Oh, I remember you! I'm glad to see you again. Good luck with your school. Are you doing the whole online course thing with the isolation stuff? Or have they started opening schools back up again?

(0) (0)
Zia's uncoloured mule

Posted: May 21st, '20, 15:54    

Luluannabell

Thank you, JellyBrain. I totally understand the smartphone-issue. I remember that myself :mcheh:

Hello Zia! I vaguely remember you too, but I can't for the life of me recall what you do, y'know, in life.
I'm so far along in my studies that I don't really have classes anymore :mcheh: Am supposed to be finished by now, but I'm kind of procrastinating that, and not all of the grades I need are there yet anyway so I'm kind of... taking about two years longer than I should, which will probably cause more problems than solve in the long run. :mcsweat: It'll probably be fine.
But they have started opening up again, which is why I get to write my last two exams soonish. Two meters away from everyone else. With a mask.

(0) (0)
help

Posted: May 22nd, '20, 10:45    

Sunlight

I studied linguistics and then taught ESL for a while. Right now, I'm working towards an audiology degree.

I took super long to graduate myself. I don't really think any of my problems were due to that, though.

Hope you do well on your exam! What kind of exam is it if you're not taking any classes? Universities here you only get exams for the classes you're taking.

(0) (0)
Zia's uncoloured mule

Posted: May 22nd, '20, 15:46    

Luluannabell

Well that's very similar to what I'm doing with German/English teaching. What do you do in audiology?

I've got two German exams coming up from last winter (specific literature and linguistic didactic history). They were pushed back because of the virus. Some grades from winter 2018 are still not there? The professor even asked me to send my term paper in again a few weeks ago. I think he just forgot I existed.

(0) (0)
help

Posted: May 27th, '20, 12:40    

Sunlight

They treat things like hearing loss, balance, tinnitus, etc. They can also fit people for hearing aids and such.

Wow, not 2019 but 2018? That's really far back. That can't have been due to the virus, eh? That's too early.

(0) (0)
Zia's uncoloured mule

Posted: May 27th, '20, 14:02    

Luluannabell

Oh that's cool! Is that more along the lines of what you want to do then? I keep thinking I'd like nothing more than to be an optician and help people find glasses, but you could hardly afford the crappy apartment I'm in right now on that salary :/

Oh yeah. I really think he just forgot about me. I think he checked he did everything he had to because of the virus though... and that's how I came up again

(0) (0)
help

Posted: May 28th, '20, 10:50    

Sunlight

I think so. But then again, I thought teaching ESL was what I really wanted to do, too. So we'll see.

Can you maybe take courses to become an optometrist instead?

Well, there's a silver lining to everything. :qlol: I hope there aren't others like him and that it won't interfere with you graduating.

(0) (0)
Zia's uncoloured mule

Posted: May 28th, '20, 11:11    

Luluannabell

Well, good luck. I hope that it really is what you want to do.

Yeah, that's the word! :mclol: It's a three year full-time apprenticeship here. About 500€ in the first year. But part-time mini-jobs give you 450€... and I'm currently getting 700€ in government support for studying. So if I did the apprenticeship, I'd somehow have to find the time to also do a minijob so I could afford anything at all. And I need to pay back some of that government support at some point.
You get more every year in the apprenticeship, but the third year you still only get 650€ so. uh. :mcsweat:

Yeah, we'll see.

(0) (0)
help

[ 13 posts ]