Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 118 posts ] 
 Post subject: Re: Selling & Auctioning Rules
Posted: Jun 25th, '09, 14:41    

Her Ugliness

Hugs: 31574
Mood: ⊙﹏⊙
Suzume: I think it doesn't make a difference. Either the SELLER has to convert his time to GMT or the BUYER has to convert the given time into his timezone. One way or the other, one of them has to do the conversion and it doesn't matter who of them it is. I think it's a pity that things like this have to be put down in rules in the first place.
People should be mature enough communicate. If anyone is unsure about a time given he is always free to ask the seller/buyer.

(0) (0)

Posted: Jun 25th, '09, 15:27    

Suzume

Hugs: 7488
Her Ugliness wrote:Suzume: I think it doesn't make a difference. Either the SELLER has to convert his time to GMT or the BUYER has to convert the given time into his timezone. One way or the other, one of them has to do the conversion and it doesn't matter who of them it is. I think it's a pity that things like this have to be put down in rules in the first place.
People should be mature enough communicate. If anyone is unsure about a time given he is always free to ask the seller/buyer.

You know, it's much easier for everyone to convert in UTC than looking for Eastern time, Western time, Central time and others. UTC is ONE conversion and I always know my time is UTC+5, convert my timezone in UTC and then in someones timezone (and looking for difference between someones timezone and UTC) is TWO conversion and more trouble. If I say you 18:30 Moscow time (you know, in Russia we use Moscow time), can you quickly say me what time is it in your timezone without using Google? Or if I ask you what Moscow time is your 12 a.m. Central time which you wrote in your selling thread, can you answer me?
I think it's a pity that things like this have to be put down in rules in the first place. People should be mature enough communicate. If anyone is unsure about a time given he is always free to ask the seller/buyer. - Sure! That's why I suggest using one time. People must think more about other people not only about own convenience. It would be more pleasure from the communication (as you said) and shopping. Or if it doesn't make a difference and so easy then answer on my questions about Moscow time.

(0) (0)
?????????? ???? ??? ??????: ??? ? ????????????.

~ My SELL / TRADE Thread | My BUY Thread ~
~ I BUY Material Here | Russian Guild ~
~ My PhotoAlbum ~

Fairies: 3 (24.08.09 Wind fairy, 07.09.09 Lavender fairy, 05.11.09 Moth fairy)
Quests: 16 (+2)

Posted: Jun 25th, '09, 16:21    

Her Ugliness

Hugs: 31574
Mood: ⊙﹏⊙
Suzume wrote:If I say you 18:30 Moscow time (you know, in Russia we use Moscow time), can you quickly say me what time is it in your timezone without using Google? Or if I ask you what Moscow time is your 12 a.m. Central time which you wrote in your selling thread, can you answer me?

No, but I am afraid I cannot tell you what time it is in UTC as well.
So it doesn't make a difference to me whether I have to use a site like Worldclock to convent Moscow time to my timezone or to convent UTC time to my timezone. It's exactly the same effort for me.

I feel that this would just making things more complicated - I bet there are people out there who do not know how to convert a timezone at all, so what's their option with a rule like this? Not auctioning off their items at all? .

(0) (0)

Posted: Jun 25th, '09, 17:12    

Suzume

Hugs: 7488
Her Ugliness wrote:I bet there are people out there who do not know how to convert a timezone at all, so what's their option with a rule like this? Not auctioning off their items at all?

I would say... But I'm afraid you'll feel aggrieved. :mcsleepy:

(0) (0)
?????????? ???? ??? ??????: ??? ? ????????????.

~ My SELL / TRADE Thread | My BUY Thread ~
~ I BUY Material Here | Russian Guild ~
~ My PhotoAlbum ~

Fairies: 3 (24.08.09 Wind fairy, 07.09.09 Lavender fairy, 05.11.09 Moth fairy)
Quests: 16 (+2)

Posted: Jun 27th, '09, 18:23    

Luipi

Hugs: 17553
Mood: Time to learn
There's a tip for how I convert easily time zones.
I use Vista, and here the sidebar have a clock option where you choose the timezone of the hour. I always have one with my current time. I only click to add another clock and choose the timezone of the auction.

This way I'm always aware, and you can put a name on the clock [for sample : angel bw / 30/06] or stuff like this. ^^

I don't really now if this kind of gadget is also used with other systems... so it's more a tip for Vista users. I find it more easy than searching on google, but people choose what they like more ^^

I hope this helped.

Also, I,ve founded this timezones map who can help too : world timezones map

(0) (0)
ImageImage
First Fairy Found : 08 Jul 2009, 14:43
Second Fairy Found : 09 Sept 2009, 08:03
Third Fairy Found : 25 Oct 2009, 09:05
Fourth Fairy Found : 27 March 2010, around 14:00
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Posted: Jun 30th, '09, 11:58    

Kurai9Angel

Hugs: 138166
Mood: Overwhelmed by my knuffel *x*;
Yahoo Messenger: Kurai9Angel
the annoying thing would be if your the person that's not in said time zone then your the one that has to figure it out in YOUR time, which isn't fair simply because it's your auction ^^; i like it better in my time zone. if the buyers have questions about the time differences they can also write a message to them and see the difference in times i did that with my auction ^^

(0) (0)

Posted: Jun 30th, '09, 23:17    

Bunnei

Hugs: 99658
Mood: Fall colors <3
Thanks for adding the part about autobuys. :mcglee:

(0) (0)
Buying some things here:
http://kofk.de/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=41727
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Posted: Jul 1st, '09, 00:31    

Menardi

Hugs: 6216
Mood: ;]
there should be a rule about waiting to make a bid 1 minute before an auction ends... :mcmeh:
or at least have it added into the Bazaar Etiquette... :mcgloom:

(0) (0)

Posted: Jul 1st, '09, 01:28    

[[Ayame]]

Hugs: 50195
Mood: Back. :3
I liked Azriel's anti-snipe rule (tho this was for an art auction) that the HB had to hold for 30 mins, tho I did feel that was a little long. If auctioners wanted to they could make it like 5 mins. or something, just so people don't get sniped.

(0) (0)
[/url]

[]xxxT a k e `Me With { You }xxx[]
Buying Thread

И o t o r`i o u s
Selling Thread

Posted: Jul 1st, '09, 21:29    

Kurai9Angel

Hugs: 138166
Mood: Overwhelmed by my knuffel *x*;
Yahoo Messenger: Kurai9Angel
it seems that biding (up to ending) is determined by the auction holder. some accept bids up to the time *i.e. one minute before* and others accept them right on the ending time. it's something you would have to clarify with the auction holder

(0) (0)

[ 118 posts ]