Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 118 posts ] 
 Post subject: Re: Selling & Auctioning Rules
Posted: Jul 1st, '09, 23:23    

Menardi

Hugs: 6216
Mood: ;]
Kurai9Angel wrote:it seems that biding (up to ending) is determined by the auction holder. some accept bids up to the time *i.e. one minute before* and others accept them right on the ending time. it's something you would have to clarify with the auction holder

I mainly wanted to get it out there to the users... they really should be more considerate.... Even if they've been questing an item for a longer period of time it's really unfair and selfish to cheat a user out of an item. Not only are the bidders affected by it but the sellers as well...

(0) (0)

Posted: Jul 2nd, '09, 13:48    

DistortedBrwain

Hugs: 10557
Mood: Meeeeeeh
I think there should be a rule that for an auction bids should be posted in the auction thread and not via PM's.

A friend of mine missed out on some items because of this, thinking she had the highest bid, then the auction ended, and it was like: sorry you were outbidded via PM.

Who can prove that? Maybe there was not a PM at all and the auction holder just didn't like the winning bid and so used the PM as an excuse.

I have never seen it happen though but it did happen to my friend so I think there should be a rule that PM-ed bids are not valid.

And I think as for the ending time of an auction that the one holding the auction should be able to be online when the auction closes.

They can easily manage that as they set their own date and ending time.
It would be so much easier really, at the time when the auction time is over the auction holder should post in his thread that the auction is officially over, then all bids made before they posted that, are valid, all made after they posted are invalid. It may vary a minute that way but I think it would be a good way.

That way everyone knows they can keep bidding untill the auction holder officially closes it, but the auction holder should be able to be online to close it at the closing time though but as I just said that can be arranged as they set their own closing date and time. ^^

of course something unexpected can always come up, like suddenly have to go to hopsital, things like that can happen, so if that is the case the auction holder should not be punished for not being able to oficially close, but overall I think this can work. ^^

Just my idea though. ;3

(0) (0)
If you never fail, you're not trying hard enough.
ImageImageImage
Tomato wrote: it's clear that if I see something epicly crazy, it's done by Wainy xD
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DistortedBrwain wrote:What about me? :3
Totenveloren1 wrote:you are part of the tri-force that make up you, me and steven, together we protect idiots from their own idiocy by trolling and then laughing our asses off 8O

These are not the trolls you are looking for

Posted: Jul 2nd, '09, 13:57    

Kimbo

Hugs: 28661
I like the idea from distorted! ^.^

(0) (0)

Posted: Jul 2nd, '09, 13:59    

necroshear

Hugs: 26363
Mood: SNSD <3
ooh disorted, that's a great idea!

can't imagine how hard it must suck if that'd happen to me =S

(0) (0)
Introvert Squad wrote: "STAY OUT OF MY HAMSTERBALL, YOU EXTROVERT ENERGY STEALER"

Posted: Jul 2nd, '09, 16:49    

tinaatje

Hugs: 597
I like the idea from distorted!

(0) (0)
mule from xena

1 x Twig, 2 x Pionus Feather, 5 x Generic Amulet, 7 x Shell

Posted: Jul 3rd, '09, 00:58    

DistortedBrwain

Hugs: 10557
Mood: Meeeeeeh
Thanks guys. =^_^=

(0) (0)
If you never fail, you're not trying hard enough.
ImageImageImage
Tomato wrote: it's clear that if I see something epicly crazy, it's done by Wainy xD
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DistortedBrwain wrote:What about me? :3
Totenveloren1 wrote:you are part of the tri-force that make up you, me and steven, together we protect idiots from their own idiocy by trolling and then laughing our asses off 8O

These are not the trolls you are looking for

Posted: Jul 4th, '09, 04:26    

CharstarWishes

Hugs: 120810
Mood: Disney Wishes to you all!
I also have to agree with DistortedBrwain,
in an auction setting PM's bids make it impossible for another to have the option of outbidding you.

It still is amazing me how many people overlook or do not understand the rules.

Thank you for taking the time to create them they are helping a ton. Sometimes it's hard with all the different cultures that mix here but considering all that it runs very smooth overall.

(0) (0)

Posted: Jul 5th, '09, 02:23    

Knuffel Moderator
Ziaheart

Hugs: 130865
Mood: *fingers crossed*
I agree with anti-pm-bid rule. But I don't agree with the auctioneer having to be online to close the auction. If the auctioneer sets a definite time and even provide a clock to show what time it is in his or her specified time zone, then I think it should be fine if she or he is not online to close it. I don't have a set time I come online, and I wouldn't remember to come online at a specific time just so I can close an auction.

(0) (0)
I have a material trading thread that lists all the mats that I own. I can help you with the quantity, but please don't make me go through it myself to figure out which of the mats you need are in my possession.

Posted: Jul 6th, '09, 04:07    

Kurai9Angel

Hugs: 138168
Mood: Overwhelmed by my knuffel *x*;
Yahoo Messenger: Kurai9Angel
hm i can agree with that sometimes i pick up shifts and i don't think about my auction when i pick it up ^^;;

other times i also have to stay late at work so that could provide an issue but yes anti-pm offers are a good idea! i can't believe that the tread owner accepted that as a bid >< it's just not fair it's called an auction which means everyone gets a go at it ><;

hm just a question though *since this might belong here* what if someone bids at the end but states earlier in the auction they're waitin to earn FP or somethin? is that still called sniping? o.o?

(0) (0)

Posted: Jul 6th, '09, 15:43    

RaiRai

Hugs: 19068
Mood: Chipper.
    I think at that point the auctioneer would have to say if they allow people to bid even if they don't have the funds on hand. For example, with my auctions, I allow people a maximum of 2 weeks to come up with the payment.

On other sites and systems, it might work easier to just bid what you have, but here people seem content to give people some breathing room to spam or sell in order to get the funds together.

(0) (0)
I am a COMMON fiend.
  1. Selling: Fairy Coins. 7.2k each. Please PM.
    Wanting: TT items. Various Items exchanged for my Wanted Items. Check here!
    Buying: Commons. Check here for needed items.
    Questing: Various Materials. Check my thread for quest item trades.

~Wanted Quest Items.~

Image Image

Please Feed My Knuffel:

Image Image Image Image Image Image

[ 118 posts ]