Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 118 posts ] 
 Post subject: Re: Selling & Auctioning Rules
Posted: Jul 6th, '09, 16:00    

Luipi

Hugs: 17539
Mood: Time to learn
Ziaheart wrote:I agree with anti-pm-bid rule. But I don't agree with the auctioneer having to be online to close the auction. If the auctioneer sets a definite time and even provide a clock to show what time it is in his or her specified time zone, then I think it should be fine if she or he is not online to close it. I don't have a set time I come online, and I wouldn't remember to come online at a specific time just so I can close an auction.

Usually when you made an auction you state an end date and time you're usually on. For example almost everydays you come here at 21h (9.p.m.) and you set this time for ending the auction. What you can do is a "personal auction rule" if you don't know if you're be able to be online at this time and tell people if the auction still ends at this time and all bidders that post after will have their bids ignored, or maybe extend the auction until you will be online for stopping it....

(0) (0)
ImageImage
First Fairy Found : 08 Jul 2009, 14:43
Second Fairy Found : 09 Sept 2009, 08:03
Third Fairy Found : 25 Oct 2009, 09:05
Fourth Fairy Found : 27 March 2010, around 14:00
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Posted: Jul 7th, '09, 08:50    

Kurai9Angel

Hugs: 138127
Mood: Overwhelmed by my knuffel *x*;
Yahoo Messenger: Kurai9Angel
question. i'm sure that this can be answered here. one of my friends was questin somethin and someone offered to sell to them. my friend went and got the fc for the purchase and everything.... then the seller backed down... is that fair to do or ok to do? i'm sure if it happened to me i'd be quite upset ><;

(0) (0)

Posted: Jul 15th, '09, 22:16    

koren

Hugs: 41172
Mood: Impatient.
Can we make a rule about changing autobuys?

I don't think it's fair for someone to lower an autobuy on an item once it's already posted. If the autobuy is outrageous , of course no one is going to buy it! So people just bid!

But if they lower the autobuy without telling anyone bidding on the item and the loose it because they weren't there, that's not fair.

So I think one you post your auction, you must leave it as it is.

(0) (0)

Posted: Jul 15th, '09, 22:45    

Emi

Hugs: 4776
Mood: Incredibly Stressed
Yahoo Messenger: miss_emi_zelenka
Donithian wrote:In the auction your reffuring to she did state that she was lowering her auto buy.

Actually, she never stated she was lowering it. She said now there's two options which usually means there's another option for the same amount as the first.

-yumei-samurai- wrote:theres 2 ABs now XD

Besides, mentioned or not, lowering an autobuy such a significant amount is really unfair to those who already bidded, just like adding one very close to the already high bid. It's just kind of wrong.

(0) (0)
Still here, just a bit broken.

Posted: Jul 15th, '09, 23:25    

CharstarWishes

Hugs: 120382
Mood: Disney Wishes to you all!
I have two concerns.

First > I was offended by chat in the selling area that was inappropriate for this forum a mod has addressed this issue so I wont go into details. RP should be done in the RP areas not the selling areas. I check all selling threads for sales, even the ones listed as closed without items for sales because this is the selling forum & items may be soon listed & I don't want to miss out on a good deal.

EDITED: Removed General Chat Opposition.

Second> I think this is a good time to remind people to really think about and research the prices for their items. I see so many sellers placing items up saying go ahead & offer I don't know what this is worth and oh by the way don't rip me off or Please tell me what this is worth and offer.

Basically, It should be the sellers responsibility to find out what an item is worth before they go ahead an list that item for sell. As a buyer I generally want to get the item for the lowest possible price. The market prices here are all over the place & I do know it is hard to keep up with prices so please ask people before you sell. There are plenty of people who chime in with prices & even I have been pleasantly surprised how much items have gone up within the last 2 months alone.

(0) (0)

Posted: Jul 16th, '09, 01:32    

koren

I have to say I disagree with the first part. A lot of spend most of our time in the buying sections and it's easiest for us to chat here and spend time with each other while giving our thread the attention it needs. I don't see it really causing a problem because this section is really not active enough to have thread fall off the first page but maybe every few hours.

And if it were implied to this, I feel it should be implied in every section. You could only openly talk to people in the hangouts.

I do agree with the second part though. Sometimes I almost feel as if the seller knows the worth of the item but is just hoping that if they don't post it , they may be able to get more.

If you know what you want for it, post a price. If you don't know what it's worth, AUCTION IT!

(0) (0)

Posted: Jul 16th, '09, 02:42    

CharstarWishes

Hugs: 120382
Mood: Disney Wishes to you all!
Oh I forgot to add.
If anyone is looking for countdown counters for future events.
It is possible to use countdown clocks to show when an auction or other event will end.
Custom Counter

Hope this helps.

This is the one I am using currently for a contest end time.
http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/cus ... c=00&p0=64

(0) (0)

Posted: Aug 22nd, '09, 02:53    

Luipi

Hugs: 17539
Mood: Time to learn
I have a little question on the Auctions...

In Firn's post it say you're not allowed to start an auction and say "it will end when I get a offer I like."

Actually I bidded on an item, the auction officially ended 3 days ago, but the seller only come online today and just post in the thread "one more day !". I would like to know if it's okay to do that ?
I feel it's kinda "I don't like offers, so I'll extend". I find okay to extend auctions for good reasons [ex : internet problems, etc...] but after 3 days I find it quite confusing...

Sincerly I don't really mind they extended the auction, but I don't find it fair for the bidders.

(0) (0)
ImageImage
First Fairy Found : 08 Jul 2009, 14:43
Second Fairy Found : 09 Sept 2009, 08:03
Third Fairy Found : 25 Oct 2009, 09:05
Fourth Fairy Found : 27 March 2010, around 14:00
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Posted: Aug 28th, '09, 01:29    

koren

I was just about to ask that too Luipi!

In another auction someone has wrote "I'll end it when I like." & "I hold the right to extend this auction a couple of days."

I just don't think that's fair for a bidder :(

(0) (0)

Posted: Aug 28th, '09, 08:27    

Knuffel Moderator
Ziaheart

Hugs: 130276
Mood: *fingers crossed*
I'm also having trouble grasping the concept of "taking offers". It sounds like auctions except the seller can end it whenever she feels like.

(0) (0)
I have a material trading thread that lists all the mats that I own. I can help you with the quantity, but please don't make me go through it myself to figure out which of the mats you need are in my possession.

[ 118 posts ]