[ 14103 posts ] 
 Post subject: Re: The Frozen Castle ~ Open
Posted: Jan 9th, '13, 01:48    

Oracle of Ice

Hugs: 3327
Mood: Evil
Sorry for the late reply guys.
My computer hasn't been working correctly the past few days. orz
And my friend who's running this with me seems to be mia...

But I was thinking about having a referral contest that's open to everyone to try to get more people to join. >w<
The winner would get 10-20k, and smaller prizes might be handed out as seen fit.
Think it might work?

@Kuuki: Yeah, I'm honestly jealous of those of you who live in Europe because of that. xD

Yeah, I can imagine, since that doesn't give you much of any free time. >.<
For me, just studying alone doesn't give me much free time.
In the meantime though, you could always set aside a small amount of money each week to use on a trip when you finally get the chance.
Just an idea at least. xD

@Meags: Yes, you can! :3
Your account age fits the requirements, you just need to make 10 chat posts in the thread, and you can enter. :D

I'm waiting until at least 3-5 people get onto the raffle list before I set an end date for the item though... orz

(0) (0)
Due to tinypic shutting down, I no longer have a picture link to Frosty Castle. I will work on it as soon as I can. I did not know they were shutting down.

Posted: Jan 9th, '13, 06:29    

Meags

Hugs: 31566
That's great! How many people should I refer? I'm assuming that you mean refer them to join your raffle? Yes? Let me know and thanks again for letting me join in your raffle!

Have a wonderful evening! :mcwink:

(0) (0)

Posted: Jan 9th, '13, 08:05    

Kailzee

Hugs: 24391
Mood: Zombie
@Meags: Oh, I mean refer them to join the thread, and participate in the games. :3
Doesn't have to be raffle only, but if you want to focus on that, that's fine!

And as many as possible would be really appreciated!
We just really need more people chatting so people can get there 10 posts, and the games can start. D:
But you don't have to start until I make the contest...
Since they won't count until the post is up to make it fair. ><

I'll try to get banners made for people to use, then get a post about the contest on the first page within the next couple of days.

Thank you! I hope you have a wonderful evening as well! :3
((And sorry if I talked to much. orz))

(0) (0)
Formerly Blaze of Ice

Posted: Jan 9th, '13, 08:07    

nioin

Hugs: 8233
Can I join the raffle please?

(0) (0)
Help feed some hungry little adorable knuffles?
Image Image ImageImageImageImageImage Image[/align]

Posted: Jan 9th, '13, 14:13    

Meags

Well, I'll check out the Newbie Forum and see who I can persuade to join! This will be fun!

And you weren't talking too much! :mclaugh:

(0) (0)

Posted: Jan 9th, '13, 22:14    

Kuuki

Hugs: 264532
Oracle of Ice wrote:
@Kuuki: Yeah, I'm honestly jealous of those of you who live in Europe because of that. xD

Yeah, I can imagine, since that doesn't give you much of any free time. >.<
For me, just studying alone doesn't give me much free time.
In the meantime though, you could always set aside a small amount of money each week to use on a trip when you finally get the chance.
Just an idea at least. xD

If you really think about it, the US might be the same country and have the same language but from what I have seen, each area has their own specificities, so you can still experience new things. Like, we don't have desserts, nor Grand Canyon, or Great Lakes.
I would like to come to the US one day just to see big areas filled with a single thing. Here, if you travel on the road, you'll always see a random village somewhere.

My problem isn't so much the time, I could find it, than a problem of organization, I can't really do long term planning with things as they are, so I can't really plan an actual travel.
But I do set aside some money, not that I'm really planning on spending it all on travel, just to blow on something big that I might want one day. Maybe a car, maybe to travel, maybe even a house, or part of it at the very least.

(0) (0)
Life in Japan and more at MARCH STORY

Posted: Jan 11th, '13, 02:00    

Kailzee

Hugs: 24391
Mood: Zombie
Just posting on my main again, instead of switching back and forth. orz

nioin wrote:Can I join the raffle please?

I'm really sorry (and I mean it since I hate saying no to people. orz), but your account is still a bit too young. :c
We want accounts to be at least 2 weeks old to make sure our items go to people who plan on staying active on kofk.
You are more than welcome to join on the 21st though!
If you'd like, you can get your 10 posts out of the way before then though. :3

Meags wrote:Well, I'll check out the Newbie Forum and see who I can persuade to join! This will be fun!

And you weren't talking too much! :mclaugh:

That would be very appreciated, thank you! :3
I'm working on getting banners made right now!

Kuuki wrote:If you really think about it, the US might be the same country and have the same language but from what I have seen, each area has their own specificities, so you can still experience new things. Like, we don't have desserts, nor Grand Canyon, or Great Lakes.
I would like to come to the US one day just to see big areas filled with a single thing. Here, if you travel on the road, you'll always see a random village somewhere.

My problem isn't so much the time, I could find it, than a problem of organization, I can't really do long term planning with things as they are, so I can't really plan an actual travel.
But I do set aside some money, not that I'm really planning on spending it all on travel, just to blow on something big that I might want one day. Maybe a car, maybe to travel, maybe even a house, or part of it at the very least.

This is true... We have quite a diversity of areas, and each state runs a bit differently from one another.
It just takes a bit longer to travel to all of those places. xD
Do you mean the rural areas of the US, where it's mostly just nature, with a house or building every so often?
Or something else? I'm a bit confused by what you mean sorry. >.<

Ah, yeah, I understand, especially when things are always subject to change.
I'm kind of in a situation like that right now. >.<

(0) (0)
Formerly Blaze of Ice

Post subject: Re: The Frosty Castle ~ Referral Contest - Win 20k!
Posted: Jan 12th, '13, 16:15    

Kuuki

Hugs: 264532
If you think about it, Europe is quite big as well and while I live in an area near a few borders it isn't that way for everyone, so I'm pretty lucky.
Also, since there are a lot of different countries, it gives a lot of excuses for school trips.

I meant exactly that!
And it's not only the rural areas, your cities are bigger too, we just can't compare.

Apparently my situation is going to settle down a bit, I didn't expect it at all, but if all turns out well, I'll finally be able to plan things.

(0) (0)
Life in Japan and more at MARCH STORY

Posted: Jan 13th, '13, 14:53    

Meags

How's it going today? :qh:

(0) (0)

Posted: Jan 13th, '13, 23:52    

Banal Octopus

Hugs: 1275
Hello there! It's really kind of you to be holding this charity! :mcglee:

I do have a question though, regarding the resale of items. I'm rather picky with items myself, and thus there's a lot out there that I wouldn't ever think of using. Now, I understand that beggars can be choosers, but if I am given a random item that I have no use for, is it wrong of me to sell it so I could buy something I'd use (and in turn provide someone with an item they would use), or would I have to allow it to sit in my inventory?

Of course, this wouldn't apply to a gift that was sentimental and thought-out, such as a wishlist item. Something specifically chosen for the recipient. However, where do you draw the line between a freebie and a gift?

I hope this doesn't come off as rude or flippant; it's just that I'd love to participate in the charity except the no resale rule hinders me greatly.
>_<;;;;; I am very businessy.

(0) (0)
ImageImageImage
The ruminations are mine; Let the world be yours.
- Mark Z. Danielewski, House of Leaves
[ dream ] [ flavors.me ] [ roleplay ]
Questing Gen 4 Fire Knuffel.

[ 14103 posts ]