Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 17263 posts ] 
We are reopen! New Events!
yay!  46%  [ 69 ]
woot!  25%  [ 38 ]
wow :0  29%  [ 43 ]
Total votes : 150
 Post subject: Re: ~Beneficence~ FALL FOR SPRING EVENT- CHARITY REOPENED!
Posted: Apr 10th, '19, 01:05    

Kuuki

Hugs: 259874
I've had blood sausage!
Haven't found a place where I liked it either (but, while I lived near Germany, I'm French, maybe that's why). My mother was even more particular, she'd refuse eating it because "the one we made at home when I was a child was too perfect".

If we're talking about hearts, I've had pork heart. And lever. And ears. And stomach. All of this at a meat barbecue.
Granted all of this is probably included in my beloved Wurst in the first place <3

(0) (0)
Life in Japan and more at MARCH STORY

Posted: Apr 10th, '19, 22:10    

Chrizine

Hugs: 109589
Mood: Elusive Crumpet
The really good ones I've eaten were in Aachen, I believe, so actually towards France from most of Germany - except there's Belgium in between at that point ;)
Now I want to know what the one your mom had as a child was like! :D Must have been amazing if she has such fond memories.

Also, to me there's a big difference in having something chopped up in Wurst where you may or may not know if it's in there vs having it on a barbecue and knowing what you're eating :D

I've had liver as well, but I don't really like it all that much. I actually don't consider that super unusual or strange though, it's the most common innard to eat here.

(0) (0)
My personal Quest thread:

And my buying thread!

My crafty hangout thread, where I talk about my sewing and crocheting projects and would love to hear about any kind of projects you do (or just come chat, that's fine too!):
Most urgent wishes currently:

ImageImageImageImageImage
Ehlenia Eyes (Aqua), Eyrion Fan (Claret), Jiniri Hair (Mocha), Lunar Night Banshee Hair (Blue White), Bat Momma Eyes (Ecru)

Check out jacobgrey's awesome interactive Harry Potter Fanfiction thread!

I'm on Flight Rising and Tattered Weave as well- feel free to friend me!

Posted: Apr 11th, '19, 01:28    

Kuuki

Hugs: 259874
I honestly have no idea. She grew up in a farm (and I in half-a-farm, I guess ^^) and they made it themselves.

Unfortunately not going back to France for more than a year at that point so no Wurst, unless I want to splurge, that's expensive here, or blood sausage for me for a while.

Liver isn't super unusual you're right, I mean, France has foie-gras.
I think some people would still think it's disgusting.

(0) (0)
Life in Japan and more at MARCH STORY

Posted: Apr 22nd, '19, 21:11    

MissNikki

Hugs: 102803
Mood: Tired. Always tired.
I don't eat meat, sooo ...

I guess I don't eat a lot of strange things. Although some people seem to think it is weird that I like rice pudding. Not sure why.

(0) (0)

Posted: Apr 22nd, '19, 22:16    

Chrizine

Hm, rice pudding has grown on me a bit now that I'm an adult, but I hated it with a passion as a child. Maybe because it was sometimes served as lunch in my elementary school and I really don't consider it appropriate as a full on lunch, I generally prefer hearty food for that. Also generally everything at that school was just not prepared very tastily. I will never get over my hatred of lentil soup that they definitely caused :mcangry:

(1) (0)

And my buying thread!

My crafty hangout thread, where I talk about my sewing and crocheting projects and would love to hear about any kind of projects you do (or just come chat, that's fine too!):

Ehlenia Eyes (Aqua), Eyrion Fan (Claret), Jiniri Hair (Mocha), Lunar Night Banshee Hair (Blue White), Bat Momma Eyes (Ecru)

Posted: Apr 22nd, '19, 22:39    

MissNikki

Chrizine wrote:Hm, rice pudding has grown on me a bit now that I'm an adult, but I hated it with a passion as a child. Maybe because it was sometimes served as lunch in my elementary school and I really don't consider it appropriate as a full on lunch, I generally prefer hearty food for that. Also generally everything at that school was just not prepared very tastily. I will never get over my hatred of lentil soup that they definitely caused :mcangry:
My mum made rice pudding for me as a kid, and I loved it. I wasn't given any at school and I agree that's a weird lunch item LoL - damn, I'm sorry they ruined lentil soup for you! It is one of my favorites. Again, probably because I've only ever had yummy lentil soups. For me, school lunches ruined "pizza pretzels". The ones they gave us were so gross. LoL.

(0) (0)

Posted: Apr 22nd, '19, 23:22    

Chrizine

Wait, what are pizza pretzels? :o pretzels covered in salami and cheese? That sounds like an abomination no matter how you prepare it :D

(1) (0)

And my buying thread!

Posted: Apr 23rd, '19, 00:15    

MissNikki

They are like giant pieces of bread shaped in a pretzel, covered in pizza sauce and cheese, usually. I remember as a kid the ones they gave us had pieces of onions and poppy seeds all over them - I have never liked onions so the onions on it made me gag. LoL. Here's some examples:

They can be good when made well, but the school ones were horrid.

(0) (0)

Posted: Apr 23rd, '19, 11:37    

Chrizine

Okay, I'm relieved to see that they have nothing in common with actual pretzels besides the shape, but still... That just seems like you take away the best part of a pizza (the middle) in favour of more crust pieces. That's a super strange idea to me :D

(0) (0)

And my buying thread!

Posted: Apr 24th, '19, 08:29    

MissNikki

Haha yes it is a tad strange. Probably just an easier way to stuff more bread in our faces to fill our tummies faster. LoL.

(0) (0)

[ 17263 posts ]