Jump to:

[ 29 posts ] 
need art
want art  23%  [ 14 ]
no, really need art  8%  [ 5 ]
please  27%  [ 17 ]
I have money XD  42%  [ 26 ]
Total votes : 62
 Post subject: buying OC art (current funds: 200kfp, 10fc)
Posted: May 23rd, '17, 13:32    

mementomori

Hugs: 44915
Mood: sippin' mah moe~♥
All of the art. I want it. :mclove:

100% willing to describe in more detail. Basically willing to describe anything in excessive detail, really. At the moment, I only have five lonely references. Obv. not my art, though they are 100% my OCS. I really need to figure out who drew these so I can credit the wonderful work. For some reason I didn't end up with business cards to go with most of them and I can't for the life of me read signatures. T__T

They're all labeled w/character name, so I won't repost here, but I'll mention the changes I want in brief:

Gen: No one seems to want to draw poor, poor Gen. Maybe because he's generic-y? Also he's not really supposed to be "handsome." Anyway, the references are both technically correct on basic details--long black hair, blue eyes, ultra-pale, skinny--though the outfit (on the one where there is an outfit) is off. One day in the (hopefully not too distant?) future I'll get around to drawing clothing refs. (poor ones, but that are more explanatory than my ramblings). But for something closer to accurate clothes, he generally wears plain black button-ups with a standing collar and no tie. Actually, it looks pretty much exactly like this, only no medals and the front closure is 3/4, not dead middle. Offset to the left. Personality, in general, is grumpy, fussy, and believes he is surrounded by idiots.

Mirk: Both refs. are pretty on point (the hair can really go either way, depending on your art style), except for the clothes. Oh man, the clothes. He is not actually a shojo villain, lol. He's supposed to be in cleric robes. But, like, an actual priest. Healers robes in my universe look sort of like Eastern Orthodox cassocks.. Only they're green. Personality, in general, is cheerful and easy-going. He's rather slight. The only one that is close to your typical "bishounen" in looks.

Niv: So spot on! The only problem is that he's an angel, so, um, missing the wings. They're oversized and kinda shabby-looking. Also no shoulder patch, I need to draw references of what the patch looks like, argh. But otherwise the uniform is very correct, down to how beat-up it is. Personality, in general, is your stereotypical infantryman--he fights hard, he drinks harder, and is completely uncouth and kinda scruffy. Also is huge. You know, muscly, could lift a car, that sort of thing.

If you want more specifics, like I said, I'm more than willing to share. Also, if you want to get a feel for the characters' personalities and relationships to one another (or maybe I'm just pimping my stuff lol), my AO3 is here. If you're willing to put in the effort to do couple art, Gen and Mirk together would be much appreciated. (The only thing to note there is massive. Height difference. Mirk is like 5'5". Gen is seven feet tall. Lol.)

I am seriously in need of more art! I love my OCs, and also drawing, but I can't do it very well. T__T That's why I have so many funds on hand. Depending on how much work you're willing to do, the rewards can be super high! So, if you're seriously interested, comment away!

(0) (0)
♥♥♥♥♥
Buying art! 10 FCs and 200k fps available!
♥♥♥♥♥

Post subject: Re: buying OC art (current funds: 200kfp, 10fc)
Posted: Jul 30th, '17, 09:33    

Death Candy

Hugs: 92059
Mood: Forever confused
I could give Gen a try. Are his eyes supposed to be ice blue?

Sample 1 Sample 2 Sample 3

(0) (0)
I just realized that "take out" means food, dating, and murder. And if you were a female praying mantis you'd have all three.

Posted: Jul 30th, '17, 11:20    

mementomori

Ooooh, yay! I'd be delighted! (*´▽`*)

Yes, ice blue is the right color. What price sounds fair to you?

(0) (0)
♥♥♥♥♥
♥♥♥♥♥

Posted: Jul 30th, '17, 11:28    

Death Candy

I can't sleep and it's 4:26 am my time. So I was able to do a sketch. Tell me what you think before I color him. Which will probably be tomorrow, if I have the time. Gen It's not the greatest because I had to take a picture of it. But if there's anything you want changed say so.

I'm easy, either anything from my wishlist or 10k.

(0) (0)
I just realized that "take out" means food, dating, and murder. And if you were a female praying mantis you'd have all three.

Posted: Jul 30th, '17, 18:11    

mementomori

Ahhhh I love it! :qh: I'll send you 10k and a little extra from your wishlist~ :mcglee:

(0) (0)
♥♥♥♥♥
♥♥♥♥♥

Posted: Jul 30th, '17, 19:52    

Death Candy

Thanks! I hope I read right that he wears black. So here he is colored: Gen I hope you like his expression.

(0) (0)

Posted: Jul 30th, '17, 22:12    

mementomori

Ah, yes, that is exactly right! Thank you so much! For both the art and being the first brave soul to take a stab at it. :mclove:

(0) (0)
♥♥♥♥♥
♥♥♥♥♥

Posted: Jul 30th, '17, 22:15    

Death Candy

You're welcome. I'm glad you like the drawing. Oh you made my daughter's day. She's been dying to get the Yuki no Kitsune Knuffel hair (coffee). She's using it as her werewolf hair. She thinks it looks cooler than the regular werewolf hair. XD She's under Batman.

(0) (0)

Posted: Jul 30th, '17, 22:45    

mementomori

Ahhh, cool! It does look v. nice. Glad I could help~

(0) (0)
♥♥♥♥♥
♥♥♥♥♥

Posted: Jul 30th, '17, 22:46    

Death Candy

I'm glad I could help you with your character.

(0) (0)

[ 29 posts ]