I'm definitely doing...this poll  54%  [ 44 ]
Total votes : 82
 Post subject: Re: Ye olde megacontest ♥ WINNERS POSTED
Posted: Dec 11th, '18, 00:33    

Chrizine

Hugs: 109927
Mood: Elusive Crumpet
Okay, that's usually the opposite around me :D
People on trains tend to be super irritated because there are always delays and stuff and people missing their connecting trains etc...
On the plane everything goes smoothly usually, people are more relaxed, there's just some waiting that's not all that pleasant involved.

(0) (0)
My personal Quest thread:

And my buying thread!

My crafty hangout thread, where I talk about my sewing and crocheting projects and would love to hear about any kind of projects you do (or just come chat, that's fine too!):
Most urgent wishes currently:

ImageImageImageImageImage
Ehlenia Eyes (Aqua), Eyrion Fan (Claret), Jiniri Hair (Mocha), Lunar Night Banshee Hair (Blue White), Bat Momma Eyes (Ecru)

Check out jacobgrey's awesome interactive Harry Potter Fanfiction thread!

I'm on Flight Rising and Tattered Weave as well- feel free to friend me!

Posted: Dec 11th, '18, 00:37    

Akili Li

Hugs: 221724
Mood: Crumbly Crumpet
... huh. Very different experiences!
I did notice there was more of a fuss and bustle at trains in the EU, but I thought that might have just been happenstance. I guess it's a regular thing!

(0) (0)
I want to buy or trade for these knuffels:
Earth Gen 18, Light Gen 19, Fire Gen 21, Air/Light/Water Gen 22, Light Gen 23, Earth/Light Gen 25, Darkness Gen 26.
Please PM me if you can help!

Posted: Dec 11th, '18, 00:48    

Chrizine

It might be! I don't know about other EU countries, but in Germany there is usually some fuss around trains.

(0) (0)

And my buying thread!

My crafty hangout thread, where I talk about my sewing and crocheting projects and would love to hear about any kind of projects you do (or just come chat, that's fine too!):

Ehlenia Eyes (Aqua), Eyrion Fan (Claret), Jiniri Hair (Mocha), Lunar Night Banshee Hair (Blue White), Bat Momma Eyes (Ecru)

Posted: Dec 11th, '18, 00:49    

Akili Li

(I love it when you're online and talking, Chrizine. I get so much more done in terms of doughnuts! How are you coming with your goal?)

(0) (0)
Earth Gen 18, Light Gen 19, Fire Gen 21, Air/Light/Water Gen 22, Light Gen 23, Earth/Light Gen 25, Darkness Gen 26.

Posted: Dec 11th, '18, 11:21    

Chrizine

Same for me :)
Pity I had to go to bed earlier yesterday.
I didn't even check how far I got... Let me see - 184/207 :)

(0) (0)

And my buying thread!

Posted: Dec 12th, '18, 14:43    

jacobgrey

Hugs: 131039
Mood: (◡‿◡)
Super interesting travel talk!
I love trains, I travel by them pretty much all the time. I can sit and get work done so long as I don't make the mistake of travelling at rush hour, my train to home and to London is usually fairly okay. And I love watching people. Our trains recently got wifi enabled so now I can also watch videos and listen to podcasts on the train without having to download them first, so I've been doing extra studying :D
On the other hand, I get travel sick in cars and I get worried sick about dying in planes haha. It never gets any better, no matter how many planes I go on. And if I look at a screen either on a plane or a car, my travel sickness gets much worse and I end up with a migraine to boot.
So trains win for me :D Although our train fares are going up AGAIN in January... no idea how many years in a row this is now. When we moved to this house only a couple of years ago my journeys were £2 cheaper. Hate to think how much more expensive it will be now. Especially if I'm travelling every day, that's really adding up to a lot.

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
First fairy 8.4.15; 2nd 7.6.17
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: Dec 12th, '18, 18:45    

Chrizine

My local commuting trains are like that too, completely fine when you don't happen to get into the worst rush hour. When you do it's a nightmare though :D
I actually like the train ride in the morning, I can have a relaxed breakfast and read some news or a book, or crochet, play a bit on my 3ds... Whatever I feel like.
I find cars the least pleasant for long journeys, I can't read in them either or I'll get sick. And you can't stand up and stretch your legs in between when you feel like it...
I have no problem with screens or reading on planes though. Funny how different that is for you!

(0) (0)

And my buying thread!

Posted: Dec 12th, '18, 19:37    

jacobgrey

Hugs: 131039
Mood: (◡‿◡)
I'm fairly lucky in ours because normally my home stop and my get-on-to-come-home stop are both right towards the beginning of the train's journey, so I always get a seat. It just means not being able to spread out. And I normally feel super guilty because I almost always carry so much stuff that I need an extra seat for my bags XD

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
First fairy 8.4.15; 2nd 7.6.17
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: Dec 13th, '18, 11:29    

Chrizine

For me it's the same for my home stop, that's right at the beginning of the train's journey, but I have to switch trains at some points and on the second train I often have to stand during rush hour. In the other direction the trains are usually empty or also just starting, but there are so many people entering at the same stop as me that when it's really full I still don't get a seat sometimes.

(0) (0)

And my buying thread!

Posted: Dec 17th, '18, 11:28    

Akili Li

You are making me think that perhaps my love of train travel is only holding up because I've never done it during peak travel times.....

(0) (0)

[ 937 posts ]