Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 1321 posts ] 
Would you participate in the social media campaign if the main price would be a Fairy Coin?
Yes  27%  [ 13 ]
No  27%  [ 13 ]
*clicked without reading the question*  47%  [ 23 ]
Total votes : 49
 Post subject: Re: Unique Knuffel Giveaway Contests (OPEN)
Posted: Feb 21st, '19, 17:47    

Illustrator
Firn

Hugs: 213507
Mood: [¬º-°]¬
AlkseeyaKC wrote: I gotta say too... It is hard to be supportive of this site when I see how much the owner seems to have given up on the place though. :mcblush:
I don't know how to feel otherwise lately. :mcsad: It makes me so sad to see the site in this state, but I feel like I can't do anything about it. I've tried so much to motivate people to post more or at least log in. I though things like the Candy caravan, the posting contests or the Lost Items were all good ideas, but apparently they were not. I think how little people log in to collect the lost items is really what disheartened me the most lately, because I realized that I really can't do anything, because if getting a free item isn't even motivation enough for people to log in, then what is? Clicking on a image to get a free item is really as easy as it gets and people don't even want to do that. How then should I get people to post, to take part in events or to even donate real money, when they don't even care about getting something for free? I just don't know what else to do, the more I try and the more effort I put into it the worse it seems to get. I feel like a horrible failure for not being able to do more or do it better, but I just don't know how.

(0) (0)

Posted: Feb 21st, '19, 18:27    

AlkseeyaKC

Hugs: 235844
Mood: I'm Blue dabadee dabadie.
I honestly feel like you have done all you can on the site it's self. These things would be working if we had people. What needs to be done is start communities outward off-site and lead them in. I know you've tried some of these things but you're not really doing it well. :mcheh: I know these things can work because It's the only way I been able to support myself all this time. This is why I'm trying out Youtube to try and connect to more people. I wish I could help you more on DA but when I left I give it to someone and though they added me back to crew They didn't give me full owner stuff back so It's hard to really work it. (kind of annoyed about this)
But anyway, If there was a way you could connect to more people, like go out there and be like Check out how great my site is. Things might work out.

I mean for DA at the least, you kind of just post art there and that's it. That's like putting your art in a cave hidden somewhere and no one is going to see it. You gotta plug it to groups like 5 to 10 groups. the more the better and you could get your name out there. Make Journals on DA about what exciting things are going on here. I kind of feel like posting the full stages would be nice too so people can see that it's an evolving pet.

For Twitter or FB you could make posts that users would want to interact with. Like Who is your fav NPC or witch Light Knuffel is your fav! Then as people comment and like the posts, the posts would work there way around. You could hold events and give out a free item on them for liking and sharing the post. I know you tried this with :fc: but maybe try some other Item like a past event Item or recolor of a past event item. Let people know about it on KOfK too like in an announcement so they know you are doing these things.

Aslo these things may not work out the first few times, but if you keep up on theme for say a year, you could slowly see results.

I mean if you wanted me to help you out with the DA group more, you could list it with the FB and Twitter under the avatar on the side and we could do posts and events together on there. Though I don't have full ownership, I can my journals and stuff. I've felt like you should be on staff there, but I don't think I can do that with the position I'm in. I could try if you wanted to.

But whatever, those are some things you could try.

(1) (0)

Posted: Feb 21st, '19, 19:27    

Illustrator
Firn

Thanks KC for the input. Yes, I know I absolutely suck at social media, you're right about that. :qf: I tried to read up some about it, but I think I never really got the hang of it. (And to be honest, I often simply lack the time to invest lots of time into this stuff)

The problem with at least Facebook is that once your range is down it is down and you can try all the kind of communicative posts you like, almost no one is ging to see it in the first place. I tried it a few times, like when I announced new sets I would ask which items of the sets people liked most and stuff like this, but no one of the few people Facebook showed the post to ever replied. I feel a bit like I missed my chance there. I even used to do FC giveaways on Facebook a few times, but even then not soooo many people joined. Maybe I should try that again?
Facebook used to show the posts to way more people a few years back. I should have tried to make more interactive posts back then when we still had the range, but now it seems like a lost case. I even have way more range and interaction on my private dog page than I have on KOfK's page... :mcshock:

To be honest.... I don't fully understand how Twitter works. :qoops: You know I didn't even have a smart phone until 2 or 3 years ago, so I never used it and kind of never grew into it. So I just post the announcements with the links there and usually then my character limit is already exceeded? I will try to look more into it.

I will ask starkad whether he can add DeviantArt to the links, but I know he can't just simply add links like this but is using some kind of service that does that so we are in compliance with the annoying EU-DSGVO :qstr: I don't understand much about this stuff, I just know it's not a simple image link and I will have to ask him whether that will work with DeviantArt.

But in the end I fear that not much of this might help - Yes, it would probably draw in more people if done correctly, but I fear that they would not stay, because there are not really many people to interact with. It feels like a vicious circle that's hard to break out from. We would need more forum activity to make the site interesting to people who join, so they don't leave again right away.
The next event will be a plane posting-event again, we didn't have one of these for a while. Let's see how that works out.

(0) (0)

Posted: Feb 21st, '19, 20:01    

AlkseeyaKC

I honestly do think FB is really not a good place at all for advertising. XD
But I can see Twitter working. Give it a try for next event Make a weekly twitter post about the event, you can do a giveaway item there but make sure to announce it here on the event announcement telling people to partake in it.

You know, what if you did a unique Knuffel more like the commission ones. to someone like Give people a month or two to like / share / follow the post and one person will win the knuffel. I know I see artists do it all the time.
Here are some examples: https://twitter.com/furlana_art/status/ ... 3208232961
https://twitter.com/JackalBunny/status/ ... 4227524615
Just make sure to make an eye-catching banner-like image with the info on it.

If a knuffel is a lot you could just try an art piece for starters.

Other things you can do on Twitter would be like do a Q&A thing. Have users ask you questions on Twitter, then you can do an announcement post with the answers. Just be sure to make a Twitter post saying you answer the questions.
Like, do those once in a while.

But yeah I think you just need to give more reasons for people to follow you on Twtter or wherever. If there was some interaction reasons there, people might come in and have more fun here.

For DA the can link to what you prefer. I mean I don't know how many people here know you have an account.
This would seem Offical https://www.deviantart.com/firnthepanda
But this gives people a place to post art: https://www.deviantart.com/kingdom-of-knuffel

I did affiliate the group with a LOT of groups, it seems like it's getting daily hits. But if we had more art flowing into it that would work best.

I'm happy you like the feedback. I wish the best because I love this place and don't want to see it go away.

Also sorry to the thread for being so off topic. :mcheh: :mcheh: :mcheh:

(0) (0)

Posted: Feb 21st, '19, 20:23    

jacobgrey

Hugs: 131039
Mood: (◡‿◡)
A lot of games I play have really active Facebook pages. They do stuff like they'll post hints and reveal stuff a day before it goes live in the actual game so that people can get excited about. But the way the algorithm works, it really does have to be a daily grind for months to slowly get that viewership back up. Encouraging shares and comments as much as possible helps with that too. You basically have to 'prove' to the machines that people want to engage with your posts before it will show them to more people.

You should try a queuing service like Buffer. I use it for my socials and both my businesses' socials and it saves so much time because you can post the same text, image, link, etc across all your different channels in one go. Also you can queue things up ahead of time. So I normally take 20 minutes every week to set up a whole week's worth of posts and then I can just let them run.

(1) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
First fairy 8.4.15; 2nd 7.6.17
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: Feb 21st, '19, 21:02    

AlkseeyaKC

I know Youtube is like that too. Like I have to make one post a week for Youtube to increase wanting to suggest me to other people. They have a lot of things to show how I'm getting views too, I've been seeing the rate slowly go up as I post every week. I don't know if FB is like that too. But from what Jacobgray says, it might be.

I didn't know about Buffer. That would have helped me with my comics ahh! Firn, That might be the thing for you. :mchappy:

(0) (0)

Posted: Feb 21st, '19, 21:13    

Limikkin

Hugs: 48571
This turned into a small hangout it seems and that is amazing!! :mclove:

@Mynah Oh my god! This looks amazing. I have linked it in the front and now I need to read it all xD

@KC You are right. I will extend it and I will ask Firn to announce it. There are so many great entries already and I am quite sure that a few more can participate. Especially since I decided on the social media part, which even non-creative people can easily take part in.
And I will absolutely count the toyhouse entry [and probably stalk you there!]. And the youtube stream would be awesome! Just that alone would make me want to extend the contest :mcargh:

@Firn This is kinda my fault because I always feel bad about asking people (especially someone like owners or admins) to advertise something for me :mcheh: (Also, it feels like Facebook is pretty dead lately... only "fun pages" are being reposted...)
I will update the contest/extend it until end of March. Would it be okay for you to announce it? :mcblush:

(0) (0)
Follow my Sketchbook Journey from 2018-2022. I have posted one page a day for everyone to see on:
Patreon - Ko-Fi - Instagram

Post subject: Re: Unique Knuffel Giveaway Contests (OPEN/Extended)
Posted: Feb 21st, '19, 21:39    

JellyBrain

Hugs: 163640
Mood: Ready - Aim - Emergency!!!
I realised that the most one that are artist, even the most here on knuffel, are on patreon.
Would that be something?
Like drawing small comics of the Npcs or so.

(0) (0)
To ALL you writers, artists and social media users!!

https://kofk.de/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=62128

My price pool you can choose from (contains more pls have a look!)

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Posted: Feb 21st, '19, 21:47    

Illustrator
Firn

Limikkin wrote:
@Firn This is kinda my fault because I always feel bad about asking people (especially someone like owners or admins) to advertise something for me :mcheh: (Also, it feels like Facebook is pretty dead lately... only "fun pages" are being reposted...)
I will update the contest/extend it until end of March. Would it be okay for you to announce it? :mcblush:

Don't hesitate to ask me! I won't bite!
And yes, I will gladly announce it.

(I read everyone else's post, just a bit too busy right now to reply to everything. The next update won't draw itself!)

(0) (0)

Post subject: Re: Unique Knuffel Giveaway Contests (OPEN/Extended)
Posted: Feb 21st, '19, 21:47    

Limikkin

Hugs: 48571
I think Patreon is nice, but you need to be able to find patrons/use social media to the best. I can absolutely tell because I have a Patreon account but I am a terrible self-advertiser :mcheh:

(0) (0)
Follow my Sketchbook Journey from 2018-2022. I have posted one page a day for everyone to see on:
Patreon - Ko-Fi - Instagram

[ 1321 posts ]