Sewing  16%  [ 33 ]
Weaving  2%  [ 5 ]
Embroidery  8%  [ 16 ]
Quilting  5%  [ 11 ]
Other (please tell me what so I can include it in the poll!)  18%  [ 37 ]
None  7%  [ 15 ]
Food  25%  [ 53 ]
Total votes : 210
 Post subject: Re: Chrizi's Crafty Corner - come chat!
Posted: Apr 4th, '18, 16:24    

jacobgrey

Hugs: 130692
Mood: (◡‿◡)
That's exactly right for me too. It's so nice to sit back and make something. And at the end of it, you've made something XD Sometimes it's necessary to stop for a bit even when it seems like there's no time for a break.

Like today - I went out to take part in a paid research session, and I was supposed to come straight back home and get to work. But instead, since I was already in the area, I stopped by the Isle of Dogs exhibition that showcases some of the puppets and sets they used in the film. It took an hour of queueing just to get in which almost drove me crazy, but I'm really glad I spent the time to look around. My work was still waiting when I got back but now I feel better about it XD

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
First fairy 8.4.15; 2nd 7.6.17
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: Apr 4th, '18, 16:28    

Chrizine

Hugs: 109539
Mood: Elusive Crumpet
Oh, that sounds like you had a great time :)

I finished the exercise I was doing and noticed that the new one I was planning to do after is about some material that we didn't actually get to in the lecture yet, so I feel justified taking some time off and giving my flower some leaves now :)

Also, we finally have water again, yay! There was some maintenance going on so the water was turned off throughout the day in our building (we knew beforehand), it was so annoying to not be able to properly wash my hands!

(0) (0)
My personal Quest thread:

And my buying thread!

My crafty hangout thread, where I talk about my sewing and crocheting projects and would love to hear about any kind of projects you do (or just come chat, that's fine too!):
Most urgent wishes currently:

ImageImageImageImageImage
Ehlenia Eyes (Aqua), Eyrion Fan (Claret), Jiniri Hair (Mocha), Lunar Night Banshee Hair (Blue White), Bat Momma Eyes (Ecru)

Check out jacobgrey's awesome interactive Harry Potter Fanfiction thread!

I'm on Flight Rising and Tattered Weave as well- feel free to friend me!

Posted: Apr 4th, '18, 16:42    

jacobgrey

Ooh yeah that sounds annoying. Good thing it's back on! And yes, definitely justified to do something for yourself if you're all caught up :D

I'm hanging around awkwardly because I have a phone interview in 15 minutes lol. Too soon for me to go start doing something, too far away to feel like I should sit and wait instead of working... agh XD

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: Apr 4th, '18, 16:48    

Chrizine

Well, caught up only with that lecture :D I have a project for a different one that it would be a good idea to start on, but oh well, there's still a few more days of easter break.

Oh, that sounds annoying. Find a short video to watch in the meantime or something like that? Or just hang around on KofK and earn some spring points, that's always a good idea as well :)

(0) (0)

And my buying thread!

My crafty hangout thread, where I talk about my sewing and crocheting projects and would love to hear about any kind of projects you do (or just come chat, that's fine too!):

Ehlenia Eyes (Aqua), Eyrion Fan (Claret), Jiniri Hair (Mocha), Lunar Night Banshee Hair (Blue White), Bat Momma Eyes (Ecru)

Posted: Apr 4th, '18, 16:50    

jacobgrey

Spring points are very welcome right now xD

Oh well there I thought you were being a good student haha XD okay have a little break and then back to work :mcwink:

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: Apr 4th, '18, 16:58    

Chrizine

:D Well, to be fair, I only planned to work on two of my lectures today, and with those I am finished. I just thought I'd have one more exercise to do, so technically I could work on something else I hadn't planned for today instead of it...

But no, my flower comes first now :) But I think I really might have to get another needle, it takes me quite a while of fiddling to get it through each time...
Your tip helped me already though, I managed to get my fabric a lot tighter now :)

(0) (0)

And my buying thread!

Posted: Apr 4th, '18, 17:35    

jacobgrey

Oh yay! I'm so pleased. J started trying to cross-stitch recently because he got jealous of me making all the things. I was trying to teach him how to put the fabric in the hoop and he just got really frustrated with me XD So there you have it, the problem was with him, not with my teaching haha.

Fair enough, sounds like you are ahead of schedule anyway so it's all good :P

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: Apr 4th, '18, 17:41    

Chrizine

Look, I added some leaves: click :)
But now my fingers hurt from trying to get the ribbon on the needle through the fabric. Is it normal that I have to pull on it for ages? In the tutorials I'm following it looks so much smoother...

Haha, it's nice that you managed to infect him with your crafty-ness though :)
But your teaching really can't have been the problem if even a short written explanation from you is this helpful :D

(0) (0)

And my buying thread!

Posted: Apr 5th, '18, 12:54    

jacobgrey

I haven't got around to trying it yet so I have no idea XD I'm still on that first beading/embroidery book I was trying. It's taking me a long time to get to it :< It's pretty though! Maybe you just have to do a small bit at a time to save your fingers.

But last night I made the top belt and attached it to the skirt! Now it's the first time I can actually put it on and it will stay on because all the parts are in the right place. I've half-made the second part of the belt too so not much longer to go!

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: Apr 5th, '18, 18:50    

Chrizine

Maybe. I was shopping in the city today and bought a pack of different sized needles, so I'll experiment with those and see if it helps.

Oh, it's exciting when you can first properly try it on! How did you like it?

(0) (0)

And my buying thread!

[ 734 posts ]