Sewing  16%  [ 33 ]
Weaving  2%  [ 5 ]
Embroidery  8%  [ 16 ]
Quilting  5%  [ 11 ]
Other (please tell me what so I can include it in the poll!)  18%  [ 37 ]
None  7%  [ 15 ]
Food  25%  [ 53 ]
Total votes : 210
 Post subject: Re: Chrizi's Crafty Corner - come chat!
Posted: Apr 22nd, '18, 21:44    

jacobgrey

Hugs: 130657
Mood: (◡‿◡)
Yes! Hehe aw :qh: It's a bit of an experiment with maybe being able to work a bit faster and therefore bring the price down, so we'll see if that happens XD

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
First fairy 8.4.15; 2nd 7.6.17
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: May 11th, '18, 11:11    

Chrizine

Hugs: 109519
Mood: Elusive Crumpet
Whoops, sorry, forgot to answer.
From what I've seen you've made a lot of progress already and it's turning out really pretty :)

I finally did a bit of my ribbon embroidery again the day before yesterday - it's starting to look like something :)
I'll have to buy some more of the light green ribbon today, I ran out of that and I think I want to do at least one more flower with light green stem and leaves. And I have to decide then if the flower where I ran out will get another leaf... Not sure yet. I might have to take some pictures and ask you for your opinion ;)

(0) (0)
My personal Quest thread:

And my buying thread!

My crafty hangout thread, where I talk about my sewing and crocheting projects and would love to hear about any kind of projects you do (or just come chat, that's fine too!):
Most urgent wishes currently:

ImageImageImageImageImage
Ehlenia Eyes (Aqua), Eyrion Fan (Claret), Jiniri Hair (Mocha), Lunar Night Banshee Hair (Blue White), Bat Momma Eyes (Ecru)

Check out jacobgrey's awesome interactive Harry Potter Fanfiction thread!

I'm on Flight Rising and Tattered Weave as well- feel free to friend me!

Posted: May 11th, '18, 12:47    

jacobgrey

I ran out of just about all the threads I was using... I think I've given up on getting it finished XD J will go to the store for me today but he won't be back until late, so I guess that's it. In two minds whether I should start a really quick new project tonight just to get something ready.

Yesss show me :D I like helping people decide things where there are absolutely no consequences for me no matter what I pick :'D

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: May 12th, '18, 18:32    

Chrizine

Aww, too bad. But you will finish it and it will be gorgeous, even if it wasn't in time for this stall.
Did you end up doing something small yesterday?

Haha, I know what you mean :D

Okay, here's the full view of what I have so far: click

And here's a close up of the flower where I ran out: click

I'm thinking about adding another single leaf on the right, but on the other hand, maybe it will look nicer overall if the flowers differ more in the way the leaves are arranged and adding it would kind of make it more similar to the little rose on the left (and I'm also planning to add some more roses to the right of what I have so far, there's still a bit of fabric to the right that I haven't put anything on yet).

Edit: I finally added my bobbel bag/ribbon embroidery project to the front page. I also moved your skirt project over to completed, since you were finished with that, right? I'm bad at keeping up with the front page :D Let me know if you have a picture of the finished skirt that you'd like me to link there.
Which reminds me, I should really take a picture of my shirt, so I can also move that over... It's been hanging next to my desk waiting for me to do that for weeks now :mcblush:

(0) (0)

And my buying thread!

My crafty hangout thread, where I talk about my sewing and crocheting projects and would love to hear about any kind of projects you do (or just come chat, that's fine too!):

Ehlenia Eyes (Aqua), Eyrion Fan (Claret), Jiniri Hair (Mocha), Lunar Night Banshee Hair (Blue White), Bat Momma Eyes (Ecru)

Posted: May 12th, '18, 19:33    

jacobgrey

In the end, nope XD My mother corrupted me and we ended up staying in a bar almost all night. We were in bed by midnight, but with an early rise time, this translated to less than 10 hours sleep total in the last 48 for me D: I may stop making sense lol.

Hmm, I see. Well, when I look at it, it doesn't look unfinished, so I'd say you're fine without adding another leaf if you don't want to. But also that it wouldn't be a bad choice in that sense either. So I'd say do what you like :D Also, all the flowers look really pretty :D

Oh yes, you know what? I actually took photos specifically to share here and then forgot XD Next time I have five minutes on my phone I will go and upload them somewhere so I can share them.

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: May 13th, '18, 12:01    

Chrizine

Haha, well, but at least you got to have some fun time with your mom :)

Yeah, I think it doesn't really look as if anything is missing the longer I look at it. But it's helpful to know that you think so too, because I might just have gotten used to it :) Thanks!

That can happen :D Well, I saw the skirt in your vlog already, otherwise I would have asked for them sooner just out of curiosity ;)
I hate the hassle of getting the picture from my phone to my pc to upload it myself. Maybe I should use a different image hoster with a good mobile site and upload directly from my phone... But I do like imgur in principle, it's one of the few that I know of where I can actually see pictures people link from my standard browser...

Oh, in other news, you remember I was trying to decide what wool to get for my next crocheting project? I finally got me some! It's not one of the ones I showed you way back, but rather something new that I saw on instagram a few days ago and immediately fell in love with:
click
It's different from what I had originally in mind with the fade from light to dark green, but I like how it is a bit lighter overall and that it has more colour changes. I don't know, I just knew I wanted it when I saw it :D
Did I ever show the pattern of what I want to make with it? I can't remember. But I'll link it here again, so I can just link to this post as the introduction of the project from the front page: pattern
I won't start with it until I finish the bobbel bag though, since for these big yarn bobbels you're supposed to put them in a bag or bowl or something and not take them out again until you're finished, otherwise they might collapse and tangle up or something. So I'm very motivated to get that done now :D

(0) (0)

And my buying thread!

Posted: May 14th, '18, 11:57    

jacobgrey

Yeah, it was fun. I still didn't finish the jumper... well, didn't make much money at the stall either. £5 total across both days :qoops: Pretty clear now that I'm not going to have success selling my current projects. Although what's annoying is that there were so many people who seemed interested in buying something, but although they teetered right on the edge, I couldn't manage to push them over. Ack. I'm considering doing a stall in August I heard about that is cheap, but in order to do that I'm going to have to start over with a whole new range of products that won't sell for more than £10.

Same, it's annoying. I wish I could just go on my phone and post here on the forum and the image would work.

Oh, that's pretty. I'm looking forward to seeing that when you can get started :D

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: May 15th, '18, 20:52    

Chrizine

Oh, that does sound frustrating. I can imagine that it's easier to sell cheaper products, but then you'd need to sell more to turn a profit on the stall, no? But if the stand is cheaper as well, it might work. And it's not like you can't bring your more expensive products, even if the chance of selling them is slim, it still shows off your skill and might attract people to look at your stall. And you might get lucky and sell one of them :)

I looked for an imgur app one my phone once, and there even is one, but apparently it's really bad and not suited for uploading stuff at all (judging from the comments on it). Gave up on that... I want to have the pictures on my pc for storing them there in any case, so I guess it's good that I have to transfer them to upload them or else I probably woluldn't do it at all...

I haven't been very crafty the last few days, I've been reading instead whenever I had free time. Fixed some pants for my bf this afternoon, because some seams were worn away, but that's just repairing so it doesn't really count. I'm going to do some embroidery now though, since there's not so much left in my book and I haven't ordered the next in the series yet, so... Trying to not run out of it yet, need to distract myself :D First, I should order the next though... These are addictive ^^

(0) (0)

And my buying thread!

Posted: May 16th, '18, 12:49    

jacobgrey

I kind of just love the atmosphere and so on so I might consider it even if I don't think I will make a profit. Actually, I think what I love best is the uninterrupted sewing time. Just getting to sit and work on something for 6 or more hours is not something I can usually do. So I guess that's nice. On the other hand I could probably just try really hard to clear my to-do list and therefore have sewing time :mcdead:

I still keep forgetting to get them uploaded... ahh it's so annoying. Dropbox then downloading to my computer and then uploading to imgur seems to be the quickest way. But my download and upload speeds have suddenly died over here for some reason.

What books are they? I had to fix some jeans this week too as it happens XD I also have a dress to fix. It went through the washing machine and came out with one of the seams under the arm completely frayed. Not sure I can salvage it but I'm going to try.

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: May 16th, '18, 19:47    

Chrizine

Hahaha, I see :D Well, if you need the stall to manage to take the time off for some nice sewing time, then it's worth it :) I doubt you'll ever get your todo list cleared enough for long free times for sewing, from what I've seen of you, you'd just take on more work as you see it emptying ;)
You'd probably need to make x hours of sewing until date y a hard deadline that you give as much priority as your other work or something?

Yeah, I do it very much like that too, just with google drive instead of dropbox. Huh, internet speed problems are so annoying, I know how you feel - we get them every few months or so, it's horrible. Hope your speeds will go up soon!

The iron druid chronicles from Kevin Hearne. I'm on book 6 of it now. Really fun and addictive, fantasy in a modern setting but with lots of old myths and legendary figures being real and stuff like that. So it feels both modern and kinda historic at the same time. Also, there's a super funny (mentally) talking dog in it, too :) Got into it because I first read a short novella narrated by the dog that was in a humble book bundle I bought once. I wanted to read the main series for ages now, and finally got around to it and really love it.

Oh, good luck on the dress! Hope you'll be able to fix it. I hate when my clothes break in ways I can't repair.

(0) (0)

And my buying thread!

[ 734 posts ]