Sewing  16%  [ 33 ]
Weaving  2%  [ 5 ]
Embroidery  8%  [ 16 ]
Quilting  5%  [ 11 ]
Other (please tell me what so I can include it in the poll!)  18%  [ 37 ]
None  7%  [ 15 ]
Food  25%  [ 53 ]
Total votes : 210
 Post subject: Re: Chrizi's Crafty Corner - come chat!
Posted: Jun 1st, '18, 10:43    

Ashiya

Hugs: 11120
Mood: busy
Hello! Sorry if I interrupt :mcblush: I just returned to the kingdom and was looking for a topic like this! I've been teaching myself crochet through youtube so I can make amigurumi for a while, and I'm making dolls in patchwork classes my mom and I attend together. (she's way better than me, I still need help from the teacher constantly). I've also made a napkin, lol. I'm still trying to learn the english words for so many things craft-related :mcheh:
Amigurumi I've made so far are 5, and I think I'm getting better but still a long way to go ^^' We are planning on having an atelier to sell the dolls we make.

(0) (0)
Spoiler
:qh: Image :qh:

Posted: Jun 1st, '18, 11:49    

jacobgrey

Hugs: 130736
Mood: (◡‿◡)
Definitely no interruption, I'm just still trying to work out an easier way of getting photos of my crafts from my phone onto here XD

That sounds interesting! Do you have any photos of your dolls?

I haven't had time to do anything at all lately. Even my dress that needs repairs is still waiting.

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
First fairy 8.4.15; 2nd 7.6.17
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: Jun 1st, '18, 14:04    

Ashiya

Ohh it's kind of a hassle isn't it? :/ I just use the ones I post on instagram (link)
I recently finished a pink elephant that I haven't posted yet. I want to sew a lilac crochet bow to its head, but I suck at sewing!

Don't you hate when you don't have time for it? I started following amigurumi accounts on IG and looking for patterns all the time when I'm on my pc... I think it's a bit addictive :mcheh: I keep adding things to my pinterest board haha

(0) (0)
Spoiler

Posted: Jun 1st, '18, 23:27    

jacobgrey

Oh gosh, between my Pinterest boards and my Instagram saves, I have so many ideas that I will never possibly be able to do them all in my entire life :mcheh: and yet I also still keep looking whenever I have five minutes haha.

I managed to grab a little time while I was talking on the phone today, so I reorganised all my new threads XD they had been sitting in a heap over probably the last 5 or 6 months because I was too busy to tidy them up. Now I've filed them all away by colour properly at last.

Oh! They're so cute! and your art is so pretty as well. I should add things to Instagram I guess but, this one skirt I made isn't really very good, so I was just going to share it here XD

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: Jun 2nd, '18, 05:30    

Ashiya

In a way it's kinda like the netflix menu :mcshock: Never gonna watch everything on my list haha

Ohh that sounds nice, where do you keep your threads?
I'm running out of room in my apartment :< For all my crochet stuff I have a couple of plastic baskets, but they're full now

Thank you, that's so sweet of you!! :mcglee: I understand the dilemma! It would still be really cool to see, wherever you can post it, in my opinion ^^

(0) (0)
Spoiler

Posted: Jun 2nd, '18, 21:45    

jacobgrey

Yes!! Haha same. We both add to the list and over time it got to the point where there is far too much for even five people to watch.

I have a small folder, very compact. What I do is I buy these thread organisers which are a strip of hard plastic, with lots of holes punched along the sides. Then I cut all my threads into usable lengths and put each colour through a different hole. Lastly I write the thread number next to the hole so I can identify it later. These organisers end up very flat because I wrap the thead evenly around them from top to bottom.

I may make a few more improvements first. Then I can at least post a before and after XD

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: Jun 3rd, '18, 12:05    

Chrizine

Hugs: 109577
Mood: Elusive Crumpet
Hi Ashiya, welcome to the thread! :)
Oh wow, both your art and your amigurumi look gorgeous!
I've been thinking about using instagram for sharing pictures as well, but I like to post some really crappy in-progress ones here to discuss things that I wouldn't want to have on my instagram account.

On that note, I finally got a picture of my finished top!
The picture quality is not so great since I cut it out of a full body shot, but it will have to do :)
Took it last weekend when we were visiting my mom and I had her garden as a pretty background :)

I also finally sewed my crochet-back top, but I still need to fumble with the hem some more, I think. It's turning outward in awkward ways, I'm thinking about adding a second seam to hold it more firmly in place and then not leave as much seam allowance next to that second row of stitching. We'll see how it turns out.

I have trouble with storing my craft supplies as well... I have a big pile of stuff next to my desk at the moment, I really need to get a chest of drawers or something to put there instead. Hopefully soon!

(0) (0)
My personal Quest thread:

And my buying thread!

My crafty hangout thread, where I talk about my sewing and crocheting projects and would love to hear about any kind of projects you do (or just come chat, that's fine too!):
Most urgent wishes currently:

ImageImageImageImageImage
Ehlenia Eyes (Aqua), Eyrion Fan (Claret), Jiniri Hair (Mocha), Lunar Night Banshee Hair (Blue White), Bat Momma Eyes (Ecru)

Check out jacobgrey's awesome interactive Harry Potter Fanfiction thread!

I'm on Flight Rising and Tattered Weave as well- feel free to friend me!

Posted: Jun 3rd, '18, 13:01    

jacobgrey

Oh wow, it looks great! I definitely wouldn't guess that you made it yourself because it doesn't have any kind of "homemade" quality about it.

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: Jun 3rd, '18, 13:12    

Chrizine

Hugs: 109577
Mood: Elusive Crumpet
Thank you :) I'm really happy that it turned out so nice. Only thing I don't like about it is that I found the fabric wrinkles quite a lot, so it needs to be ironed after washing to look it's best. I usually try to avoid clothes like that -.-

(0) (0)
My personal Quest thread:

And my buying thread!

My crafty hangout thread, where I talk about my sewing and crocheting projects and would love to hear about any kind of projects you do (or just come chat, that's fine too!):
Most urgent wishes currently:

ImageImageImageImageImage
Ehlenia Eyes (Aqua), Eyrion Fan (Claret), Jiniri Hair (Mocha), Lunar Night Banshee Hair (Blue White), Bat Momma Eyes (Ecru)

Check out jacobgrey's awesome interactive Harry Potter Fanfiction thread!

I'm on Flight Rising and Tattered Weave as well- feel free to friend me!

Posted: Jun 3rd, '18, 13:21    

jacobgrey

Haha me too... too much work! I'm thinking about getting a steamer so I can sort out clothes without having to rely on J.

I don't remember if I said this before but I'm actually scared of irons XD Not so great for clothes making. So far I've managed to get by without pressing hems, but eventually I'm going to have to find some way of doing it.

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
My books ~*~ My magazine

[ 734 posts ]