Sewing  16%  [ 33 ]
Weaving  2%  [ 5 ]
Embroidery  8%  [ 16 ]
Quilting  5%  [ 11 ]
Other (please tell me what so I can include it in the poll!)  18%  [ 37 ]
None  7%  [ 15 ]
Food  25%  [ 53 ]
Total votes : 210
 Post subject: Re: Chrizi's Crafty Corner - come chat!
Posted: Jun 13th, '18, 23:11    

jacobgrey

Hugs: 130665
Mood: (◡‿◡)
Yeah, only if you have a million spare hours and you particularly like to punish yourself XD

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
First fairy 8.4.15; 2nd 7.6.17
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: Jun 14th, '18, 00:19    

Chrizine

Hugs: 109519
Mood: Elusive Crumpet
Nah, I think I'm good :D
I wasn't 100% happy with the job my machine did, but at least it was a matter of only a few minutes :D

(0) (0)
My personal Quest thread:

And my buying thread!

My crafty hangout thread, where I talk about my sewing and crocheting projects and would love to hear about any kind of projects you do (or just come chat, that's fine too!):
Most urgent wishes currently:

ImageImageImageImageImage
Ehlenia Eyes (Aqua), Eyrion Fan (Claret), Jiniri Hair (Mocha), Lunar Night Banshee Hair (Blue White), Bat Momma Eyes (Ecru)

Check out jacobgrey's awesome interactive Harry Potter Fanfiction thread!

I'm on Flight Rising and Tattered Weave as well- feel free to friend me!

Posted: Jun 14th, '18, 13:16    

jacobgrey

Haha yep,... I'd take that XD If only my machine had that kind of setting, because I have to do it manually. It's a very very basic machine.

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: Jun 14th, '18, 21:28    

Chrizine

Aww, that's too bad. My machine is not very fancy either, but luckily it does have buttonhole settings :)

I did some progress on my embroidery just now and finished a flower that I was working on for quite a while :)

(0) (0)

And my buying thread!

My crafty hangout thread, where I talk about my sewing and crocheting projects and would love to hear about any kind of projects you do (or just come chat, that's fine too!):

Ehlenia Eyes (Aqua), Eyrion Fan (Claret), Jiniri Hair (Mocha), Lunar Night Banshee Hair (Blue White), Bat Momma Eyes (Ecru)

Posted: Jun 14th, '18, 22:13    

jacobgrey

Woohoo! Haha I made a little progress this week, but not much.

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: Jun 21st, '18, 00:17    

Ashiya

Hugs: 11106
Mood: busy
Sorry I haven't been around, so busy with art >< A friend of my mothers' wants me to make her a amigurumi bear like the one I made for my mother. I'm also getting close to finished with sewing my second doll, when I'm done I'll post a picture ^^ (though with the help of my teacher)

Oh my Tulip Etimo Rose lace hook set came in the mail! (this: image link) they come in this totally pink case xD I also bought larger hook sizes separately but it'll probably be a while before they arrive. I'm not sure where I'll keep them though!

I wish it was easier to post pics cause I wanna see what you're working on!

(0) (0)
Spoiler
:qh: Image :qh:

Posted: Jun 21st, '18, 19:27    

Chrizine

No worries :)

Oh, nice, that's a lot of news though! Looking forward to seeing your doll :)

How do you like the hooks? I'm using some simple straight bamboo ones, but I'm sometimes wondering if ergonomical handles wouldn't be nicer. My hands do hurt sometimes when I crochet a lot. I just have no idea how to choose good ones and in my local store they don't have any fancy ones, they recommended the bamboo ones. So I'd have to order online if I wanted to try any, without being able to take them into my hands first...

I can recommend sewing a case for the ones you don't know how to store ;)
(I did that as my first project on the sewing machine when I got it, you can find pictures of it linked on the first page of the thread)

(Btw, did you see we have a thread members thingy on the front page - if you'd like to be added, just go ahead and post the form!)

(0) (0)

And my buying thread!

Posted: Jun 22nd, '18, 01:05    

Ashiya

Hugs: 11106
Mood: busy
So far I've tried one for a little bit last night, it seemed really nice! Like the threads slide more easily on it and the tip "hooks" the thread more easily, (not sure I'm using the right words, sorry) I have yet to try them for a long time to see how much it helps with the pain from prolonged use. I crocheted all day once using the hooks I have had that are supposed to be ergonomical too (image here), and my hand hurt too. Aside from that time though, I liked the ergonomical handle a lot. I haven't tried any others so I can't help sorry :<
Before I bought them I asked around facebook groups and a lot of people said great things about clover and tulip hooks, but aside from that I don't know much about different types and materials :< I imagine I'd have to try making stitches with one to really get the feel of using it, I don't know

Ohh I love that case! So cute, I love the colors that you used, and it looks perfectly made ^^ I'd love to make something like that! How did you learn how to make it?

I finished my second doll now! (IG pic here)
And here's a link to my elephant.

Ok I'm gonna post it then (please let me know if I'm doing it wrong xD)

Code: Select all

[quote="Ashiya"]
[color=#880202][u][b]About:[/b][/u] I'm a beginner so I'm still trying to learn things. When I don't have too much drawing/painting to do, I have patchwork classes where the teacher helps a lot but I learn what I can from the internet! I also love gaming! Wish the day had 30 hours ;_;
[u][b]Can do:[/b][/u]  I'm learning how to crochet but most of it is for amigurumi dolls, I can sew a little bit with some help so far, mostly for doll projects.
[u][b]Would like to:[/b][/u] I want to learn all of the crochet stitches! I can only do a few right now. Would like to be better at sewing too, and to learn embroidery
[u][b]Favourite Projects:[/b][/u] I can't wait to try making a Hatsune Miku doll! So far I've really enjoyed to make larger things like the [url=https://www.ravelry.com/projects/elciled/the-bedbugbear]"bedbug bear"[/url] [/color]
[/quote]

(0) (0)
Spoiler
:qh: Image :qh:

Posted: Jun 22nd, '18, 13:24    

jacobgrey

OMIGOSH the doll is so cute, I love her haiiiiir :mclove: and her dress! :mclove: Those crochet hooks are really cute too, I like how they're all different shades :3

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: Jun 24th, '18, 12:16    

Chrizine

That sounds good :) Yeah, I would guess that the ergonomical part you can only judge after using them for a while, as long as they don't feel immediately weird.
Maybe I should look into clover and tulip a bit and see if I can maybe order me one to try... Thanks for the advice :)

Thank you :)
For the case I used a tutorial on a website - but the thing was originally meant to hold pencils. I've seen very similar cases also used for hairsticks (which is how I found the site, through some long-hair community site). Unfortunately, the site I used was in german, so it wouldn't be of much help to you I suppose (and I'd need to find it again... Shame on me for not linking it with the project on the first page). But maybe you can google for pencil rolls or something along those lines, I'm sure there must be more out there.
It wasn't very complicated in any case, basically just a few rectangular pieces of fabric in different sizes, I can look what the measurements I used were, if you want to try it by yourself without looking for instructions.

The doll and the elephant both look really cute! :)

Added you to the front page, you did nothing wrong, all perfect :)
Should I add the picture links for the projects you showed us to the completed projects section?
Not sure how interested people are in keeping things linked there, seeing how you always need me to do it... But I couldn't really think of a better way to do it. Maybe I could link to a post in the thread that you make yourself and where you can edit things by yourself? But then the projects themselves would only be visible after following that link, so not sure if that is so nice... Let me know what you guys prefer (or if you don't care at all and see no use in linking everything like the crazy person I am).

(0) (0)

And my buying thread!

[ 734 posts ]