Sewing  16%  [ 33 ]
Weaving  2%  [ 5 ]
Embroidery  8%  [ 16 ]
Quilting  5%  [ 11 ]
Other (please tell me what so I can include it in the poll!)  18%  [ 37 ]
None  7%  [ 15 ]
Food  25%  [ 53 ]
Total votes : 210
 Post subject: Re: Chrizi's Crafty Corner - come chat!
Posted: May 13th, '19, 23:02    

Chrizine

Hugs: 109528
Mood: Elusive Crumpet
Audriella: Oh yes, the new Lucifer season should be starting sometime now! :)
I hope you'll manage to find some transcripts!

jacob: Oh, you're in the good parts then :) I'm kind of bummed about how this last season of GoT is going, I'm actually kind of glad that it'll all be over soon... I just want to see how it plays out in the books instead, the showrunners are apparently just not capable of writing a sensible thing when they don't have book support anymore.
Kind of sad, I used to love this show... Now all I feel is disappointment...

It definitely was super hard to put down! :) I really liked it.
Spoiler
Wooot, I'm excited!!! :) I can't wait to see how that goes for him :)

(0) (0)
My personal Quest thread:

And my buying thread!

My crafty hangout thread, where I talk about my sewing and crocheting projects and would love to hear about any kind of projects you do (or just come chat, that's fine too!):
Most urgent wishes currently:

ImageImageImageImageImage
Ehlenia Eyes (Aqua), Eyrion Fan (Claret), Jiniri Hair (Mocha), Lunar Night Banshee Hair (Blue White), Bat Momma Eyes (Ecru)

Check out jacobgrey's awesome interactive Harry Potter Fanfiction thread!

I'm on Flight Rising and Tattered Weave as well- feel free to friend me!

Posted: May 13th, '19, 23:39    

jacobgrey

Hugs: 130675
Mood: (◡‿◡)
If these are the good parts, I don't hold out much hope XD I just feel a mix of annoyance at departures from the books (especially where they ruined characters I liked before, or where the somewhat likeable characters are the ones I hated in the books so I find it hard to like them even now), sheer rage at the portrayal of women for the most part, and then occasionally there are the funny moments which I do enjoy. Most of those come from Tyrion tbf. (who is actually one of the redeeming bits for me, because I like him just as much as I did in the books, which is a lot, so that's great).

We're halfway through season 3 now, moving fast XD This is the point which is known as "waiting for Joffrey to die" lol.

Heheh... now I just have to go write it XD I have a pretty strict schedule to get the next book done so it won't actually be too long, but it feels like I'm at the foot of a mountain looking up at the peak in the clouds XD

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
First fairy 8.4.15; 2nd 7.6.17
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: Jun 30th, '19, 21:26    

Chrizine

Sorry for poofing! I've been on the computer so little lately, when I come home in the evening I rarely ever feel like sitting down in front of it and on the weekends we've been doing all kinds of stuff lately.

Good luck with your writing, I just read your newsletter earlier today and it said you successfully worked out some tricky bits of constructing the story, so that sounds great :) I'm sure you'll be walking steadily up that mountain and the peak is gonna come into view sooner than you excpect ;)

Did you finish got by now? Or did you give up on it at some point because it became too frustrating? ;)

Oookay, onto the crafty news though - I've finished the black top and I made my bf take pictures not only of it but also of the crochet-back top I finished sometime last summer (super late picture :mcblush: ) and of the golden brown skirt that I did before this top. So there's gonna be a flood of pictures now!
I will post them all in separate posts, since I want to be able to link them properly on the front page, so I apologize in advance for the quadruple posting I'm embarking on and hope it's okay to do in this way.

(0) (0)

And my buying thread!

My crafty hangout thread, where I talk about my sewing and crocheting projects and would love to hear about any kind of projects you do (or just come chat, that's fine too!):

Ehlenia Eyes (Aqua), Eyrion Fan (Claret), Jiniri Hair (Mocha), Lunar Night Banshee Hair (Blue White), Bat Momma Eyes (Ecru)

Posted: Jun 30th, '19, 21:32    

Chrizine

So, oldest first - I finished this top already last summer and wore and washed it multiple times, but never took photos.
Part of the reason is that I can't just do a selfie for this one, since the back is the interesting part of it.

So, here's the back:

And the front:
The weird line across my boobs is where the lining ends - since I made this from some leftover fabric, I didn't have enough to double it completely, but I wanted it doubled at least up there to be able to wear it without bra. It didn't turn out as well as I had hoped, it always rolls up on the edge and creates this line.
But overall, the top is really comfy and I really like how the back turned out.
And after all, some mistakes are to be expected, since this was the first piece I sewed completely without a pattern or instructions, just taking the basic shape of an older top of mine and improvising :)
(apart from the crocheting, where I had instructions for the pattern, but that's not the sewing part ;))

(0) (0)

And my buying thread!

Posted: Jun 30th, '19, 21:37    

Chrizine

Okay, on to the skirt!

You already saw the fabric and the pockets in more detail in the wip pics, so here's just a shot of it worn:

I really like it, the pockets are super nice and I've even gotten random compliments for it :)
Unfortunately, there's a piece on the waistband where apparently I left too little fabric standing next to the seam, since it's fraying and coming out at the top after washing it for the first time :(
I hope it won't get much worse with time...

(0) (0)

And my buying thread!

Posted: Jun 30th, '19, 21:42    

Chrizine

Aaand, finally - the top I finished just today!

The neckline turned out to be kind of complicated, with some strip that gets folded once, attached from the outside and then folded inside and stitched down... But it's very neat, hiding all the raw edges.
The neckline also turns outward a bit weirdly at my neck if I don't pull it down as far on the shoulders as I did for the photos now. I didn't expect to wear it that low on the shoulders, but I don't dislike how that looks, it's just a bit fiddly to keep it there when you move around.
Stitching with the twin needle, which I tried for the first time today, went pretty well, I'm happy :)
Even though I had to get a bit creative with holding the second yarn roll, since my sewing machine doesn't come with a second holder :D

(0) (0)

And my buying thread!

Posted: Jul 1st, '19, 01:14    

Audriella

Hugs: 12087
Chrizi; wow, the top turned out lovely, and the others are also super cool! I can’t wait to see what you sew next! The top is dramatic in a refined sense, if that is coherent.

I didn’t find transcripts, mainly because I haven’t been searching. I’m dealing with a health question that’s causing a lot of conflict. Not ideal, but what health problem is?

I am stressed and exhausted.

(0) (0)

Posted: Jul 1st, '19, 07:59    

Chrizine

Thank you! :)
Haha, yes, I totally get what you mean by dramatic and refined ;)
It fits my initial idea for this top very well, since I made it to be able to wear it under a corset - which is definitely a dramatic style.
I should actually try it on with it as well, but it was so hot yesterday that I couldn't bear the thought of putting myself into it :D

Aw, I hope you'll be able to find a good way of dealing with the question and resolving the conflict! Yeah, health problems always suck.
I hope you'll be able to relax and recover a bit soon, being stressed by it on top of the direct effects of a health issue sucks doubly :(

(0) (0)

And my buying thread!

Posted: Jul 1st, '19, 14:39    

memoriam

Hugs: 215037
Mood: Mood.
Wow, Chriz, that top is amazing! I bet it would look great with that corset ;)
Now I feel ashamed that I can't sew (my mom's a tailor, lol) XD

(0) (0)
In need of materials? Go to ~Memoriam's~
Free avatar/room items & knuffels!
Make the ⁂*ℭonfetti ℜain*⁂ with me!

Dec 21st/22nd 2016, R.I.P. Tila. We'll miss you, you cuddly little stinker <3
Dec 7th 2019, R.I.P. Candy. I'm sorry, my sweet little rumball...
Jan 8th 2020, R.I.P. Cotton. Farewell my golden adventurer </3
May 15th 2021, R.I.P. Kreska. I love you, angel...
Feb 3rd 2022, R.I.P. Kropka. Goodbye, my *starshine*
Nov 27th 2022, R.I.P. Strzałka. You will be missed, lazy ball.
Jan 5th 2023, R.I.P. Iskra. Spark until the end.
Jan 26th 2024, R.I.P. Mocha. You can fool around now, baby <3
Feb 22nd 2024, R.I.P. Latte. Now you are truly a free spirit...

Posted: Jul 1st, '19, 22:58    

Audriella

Hugs: 12087
Chrizi; The heat wave in Europe is scary.

Thanks. The health problem...may be one of my last, to give you an idea of the seriousness. It’s fracturing my family.

I’m having weird fatigue and coherence issues that might be from the stress. Yesterday, I accidentally took an hour-long nap because I closed my eyes for what felt like a minute.

(0) (0)

[ 734 posts ]