Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 1283 posts ] 
 Post subject: Re: Feature Requests - Post your ideas here!
Posted: Oct 18th, '19, 05:00    

TrickyLA

Hugs: 23051
Mood: Tired
If we're never getting a fighting system for our Knuffel to fight for material, could we have the fight bonus system completely removed? I'd rather just focus on leveling and reaching the new stages than have to worry about picking fight bonuses that are never going to matter, personally. I'd say change it so that we get digging bonuses instead but I don't think Starkad would be willing to mess with the code that much.

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 18th, '19, 08:39    

Illustrator
Firn

Hugs: 212980
Mood: [¬º-°]¬
It's not up to me. Finished all the graphics for the fighting system here years ago. Even showed them to you guys. Whether it will ever be implemented or not is out of my hands. Since I have no planst to abandonl the battle system, I also have no plants to remove a feature that is part of it. I honestly doubt it will ever come, but as said, as far as I am concerned I have not abondened any plans of it.

(1) (0)

Posted: Oct 18th, '19, 16:35    

TrickyLA

Firn wrote:It's not up to me. Finished all the graphics for the fighting system here years ago. Even showed them to you guys. Whether it will ever be implemented or not is out of my hands. Since I have no planst to abandonl the battle system, I also have no plants to remove a feature that is part of it. I honestly doubt it will ever come, but as said, as far as I am concerned I have not abondened any plans of it.
It sounds like every time you want to do something, the reason it isn't done is because starkad is unable to do it. Have you considered hiring another coder? This is your website, so nothing should be 'out of your hands' like this.

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 18th, '19, 19:52    

Illustrator
Firn

TrickyLA wrote:
Firn wrote:It's not up to me. Finished all the graphics for the fighting system here years ago. Even showed them to you guys. Whether it will ever be implemented or not is out of my hands. Since I have no planst to abandonl the battle system, I also have no plants to remove a feature that is part of it. I honestly doubt it will ever come, but as said, as far as I am concerned I have not abondened any plans of it.
It sounds like every time you want to do something, the reason it isn't done is because starkad is unable to do it. Have you considered hiring another coder? This is your website, so nothing should be 'out of your hands' like this.
With what money am I supposed to hire a coder? :mcshock: The 20-30 donations we get each month do not even cover the costs for Cloudflair, Photoshop subscription, wacom nibs, domain name and server costs.

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 18th, '19, 20:10    

TrickyLA

Firn wrote:
TrickyLA wrote:
With what money am I supposed to hire a coder? :mcshock: The 20-30 donations we get each month do not even cover the costs for Cloudflair, Photoshop subscription, wacom nibs, domain name and server costs.
If money is an issue how about learning how to navigate the code yourself? Would starkad be able to show you how? It might not be the solution for big changes but for smaller things maybe it would help so that starkad has more time to focus on big things?

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 18th, '19, 21:13    

Illustrator
Firn

TrickyLA wrote:
Firn wrote:
TrickyLA wrote:
If money is an issue how about learning how to navigate the code yourself? Would starkad be able to show you how? It might not be the solution for big changes but for smaller things maybe it would help so that starkad has more time to focus on big things?
Even if I managed to learn to code I would then need someone else to do all the art, because I don't have the time to do both (I can hardly keep up with the art as it is, because most of my time is taken up by my job. The only difference between me and starkad is that unlike him I have given up all my free time and hobbies and spend every free minute I have doing art for KOfK), so there is nothing to gain here. :mcsweat:

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 18th, '19, 22:00    

TrickyLA

Firn wrote:
TrickyLA wrote:
Firn wrote: With what money am I supposed to hire a coder? :mcshock: The 20-30 donations we get each month do not even cover the costs for Cloudflair, Photoshop subscription, wacom nibs, domain name and server costs.
Even if I managed to learn to code I would then need someone else to do all the art, because I don't have the time to do both (I can hardly keep up with the art as it is, because most of my time is taken up by my job. The only difference between me and starkad is that unlike him I have given up all my free time and hobbies and spend every free minute I have doing art for KOfK), so there is nothing to gain here. :mcsweat:
You couldn't manage learning how to deal with the uploading yourself? If he didn't have to worry about making sure simple updates like Treasure Trove items leaving and arriving, or a new Knuffel/items going up, maybe Starkad could focus on doing bigger things when he's free?

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 19th, '19, 09:13    

Illustrator
Firn

TrickyLA wrote:
Firn wrote:
TrickyLA wrote:
Firn wrote: With what money am I supposed to hire a coder? :mcshock: The 20-30 donations we get each month do not even cover the costs for Cloudflair, Photoshop subscription, wacom nibs, domain name and server costs.
You couldn't manage learning how to deal with the uploading yourself? If he didn't have to worry about making sure simple updates like Treasure Trove items leaving and arriving, or a new Knuffel/items going up, maybe Starkad could focus on doing bigger things when he's free?
If my day had 48 hours maybe I could.

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 19th, '19, 19:02    

TrickyLA

I posted this in the other thread, but I'll post it here too. Have you considered making a Discord server for KofK? You'd be able to keep track of who is doing what in one place there without a bunch of e-mails and PMs.

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 31st, '19, 19:25    

AlkseeyaKC

Hugs: 235408
Mood: I'm Blue dabadee dabadie.
I didn't want to make a whole new post about this so I'm posting it here.

You know how you post the announcements on Twitter? I think at the bottom of an announcement on KofK you should link to those posts asking people to like and share them. Here is an example:

Love this new Knuffel? Like & RT it on Twitter!

This overall could get you a better viewer reach and could lead to newer members. If you can get more viewers on Twitter, try out one of the Events where you give out a few items for free or maybe an exclusive Twitter Knuffel. Something like this post.

I just pictured a Blue bird-like knuffel. :mcsquee: :qh:
I guess you could make a few Twitter exclusive Items to give out. That would be like blue wings or something. But if you don't want to draw new things, some old event Items are always fun.

Anyway, Just an Idea to help out! :mcwink:

(5) (0)

[ 1283 posts ]