:mclove:  48%  [ 30 ]
:qh:  52%  [ 33 ]
Total votes : 63
 Post subject: Re: your first donation
Posted: Apr 3rd, '17, 16:16    

Illyria

Hugs: 10794
Mood: Meh
I donated on my first day here because I had hardly no food, didn't know how to make it and wanted to buy some more knuffles.
I didn't really feel anything? I regularly donate to sites I play on, even if I'm only there for a week, like with goatlings lol. I don't see it as any different than going out to a movie on a Saturday night really? It's entertainment, I find it fun and even if I don't stay on the site, I enjoyed while it lasted ^-^

(3) (0)

Posted: Apr 3rd, '17, 19:34    

chuunibyou

Hugs: 112000
Mood: spiritual
Illyria wrote:I don't see it as any different than going out to a movie on a Saturday night really? It's entertainment, I find it fun and even if I don't stay on the site, I enjoyed while it lasted ^-^
That's a really good point actually. I wish I could explain it as such to my parents :mcheh: Oh well. The time of confrontation hasn't come yet so no point worrying because I don't know if it will come at all.

I guess it's a big deal for me because even movies are things I've done in moderation. Before I came to college, we'd go to a movie maybe twice a year lol. I think donating is always going to feel like a big deal to me. Which is just as well because it'll make me feel like I've treated myself to something really special :mccute: :qh: and the stupid guilt can't conquer that, and the stupid guilt will eventually diminish anyway as I donate more and get used to doing it.

(0) (0)
Come chat with me at my hangout thread!
Stroctoperry wrote:Because KofK trumps homework, for some reason.
Death Candy wrote:I just realized that "take out" means food, dating, and murder. And if you were a female praying mantis you'd have all three.
Akili Li wrote:People talk about bravery in these super dramatic terms like it only applies to soldiers going to war, but for all that I think true courage is found in the hard every day moments of social interaction and standing up for what you believe in even when it's not life-or-death, when it's instead a matter of approval-or-ostracization among people whose opinions you care about. That's harder, to my mind. That's an ongoing, you have to live with it forever thing, instead of one single moment that's the exception instead of the rule.

First fairy found 28th May 2015
Second fairy found 11th May 2017
Third fairy found 9th Jan 2024

Posted: Apr 4th, '17, 07:29    

ashabellanar

Hugs: 44976
Mood: Boondocks
mine was like.. a month ago? i've been doing it a little here and there. i'd do more but i don't actually have that much expendable cash atm.

canadian dollars are pretty.. low.. compared to euros
but meh

i get the pretty items

i am happy

(0) (0)

Posted: Apr 4th, '17, 18:28    

chuunibyou

Hugs: 112000
Mood: spiritual
ashabellanar wrote: i get the pretty items

i am happy
Yasss. You have realized for yourself the secret to happiness :qwhee:

Rupees are super low compared to euros too, like 70 rupees for an euro. But like you said, meh, aka hakuna matata.

(1) (0)
Come chat with me at my hangout thread!
Stroctoperry wrote:Because KofK trumps homework, for some reason.
Death Candy wrote:I just realized that "take out" means food, dating, and murder. And if you were a female praying mantis you'd have all three.
Akili Li wrote:People talk about bravery in these super dramatic terms like it only applies to soldiers going to war, but for all that I think true courage is found in the hard every day moments of social interaction and standing up for what you believe in even when it's not life-or-death, when it's instead a matter of approval-or-ostracization among people whose opinions you care about. That's harder, to my mind. That's an ongoing, you have to live with it forever thing, instead of one single moment that's the exception instead of the rule.

First fairy found 28th May 2015
Second fairy found 11th May 2017
Third fairy found 9th Jan 2024

Posted: Apr 5th, '17, 11:15    

Poshi

Hugs: 92507
Mood: :3
I can't say the AUD is that high compared to the euro either but it's not too bad. I'm waiting for a GotQ I like to throw a bunch of money at kofk.

Gosh, I think the first time I donated was back in year 10, so 2009? I don't I donated a lot. Probably along the lines of 10-20$. It's been a while since I donated.

(0) (0)
ImageImage
Looking to purchase the Solar System Sceptres *u*

Posted: Apr 9th, '17, 19:44    

Lunch

Hugs: 3789
Mood: Very happy! ^-^ !!
Back when I used to play on this site, I never donated. But, I have donated to other sites I've played on. I know I probably have put about...Maybe ~$500 on one site that I've been active on for a long time. Now, I've kinda slowed down on it and haven't put that much money into it. There's several other sites I've donated to, but not as much.

I'm hoping, when I get more money, that I'll donate to this one because I've missed being on here and getting all the cute Knuffels and pretty little items.
:mccute:

(0) (0)

Posted: Apr 9th, '17, 23:36    

Hikarisoul16

Hugs: 58263
Mood: (゚▽゚`*)?
I asked my friend to donate to the site once for my birthday. c: That was my first time. Since then, I've tried to regularly donate ever since becoming employed.

I'm happy to support the site because I've been on it since 2008 and it's been my home for many long years. c:

EDIT//I also love that I can now buy all the TT items that I want without having to worry about saving enough :food: for an :fc:. xD

(1) (0)
You may call me Hikari, Hika, Soul, or anything else you come up with. (Cute art by Nankuii! <3)

Posted: Apr 12th, '17, 03:46    

ArmyAunt

Hugs: 55655
Mood: Too young to be this old.
Website: https://kingdomofknuffel.com//viewtopic.php?f=12&t=12512
I don't remember when I first donated to KofK. I know it was way back, though.

I've spent most of my :fc: on the monthly treasures, but I've also bought other things (a knuffel or two), and sold a few in the marketplace.

(0) (0)
Disclaimer: No trees were harmed in the sending of this message;
however, a significant number of electrons were slightly inconvenienced.

I love the way the earth rotates. It really makes my day.
Questing for: Nothing at the moment.

^ Click my old knuffel above to go to my adoptables thread. ^
V Or click the bar below to go to my Knuffel Quick F/P page. V

First fairy found on 07/15/2012 -- Prize: Moth Fairy Top
Second fairy found on 10/03/2023 -- Prize: Midnight Fairy Top

Posted: Apr 12th, '17, 08:36    

ραριℓℓση ηιтєѕ

Hugs: 6560
Mood:
I remember wanting to donate to the Kingdom for the longest time.
But never being able to.
Before I had my own debit card I would get these all-purpose gift cards.
You could basically use it like a debit card.
But I couldn't use them to donate which made me so sad, even though I tried.
; A ;

So skip to like...two and a half, three years ago I think!
I got my own debit card!
I didn't have a lot of money in my account...but I don't think that stopped me from buying like...five Fairy Coins!
AND I WAS SO EXCITED.
I think I bought my first Monthly Treasure, some other Treasure Trove Items...and an item I had always wanted from the Marketplace!

I usually try to donate a couple times a month now.
Usually in bundles of five coins at a time.
Though...sometimes after I get paid for the week I splurge and will buy ten at a time.
I just really like supporting the Kingdom and also all the cool items.
;//3//;

I kinda rambled a little, haha.

(0) (0)
♡ ✂ ♔ s ρ σ σ к ү ρ я ι η c ε s s ♔ ✂ ♡
Santa, that's my only wish this year~
Formerly || zσяуα
||

Posted: Apr 13th, '17, 02:27    

Akili Li

Hugs: 238831
Mood: contemplative
I am super excited! Just got back from a trip and have leftover Euros and I'm going to send them in to donate soon for my first donation :qh:
Of course, when I'll get to a post office here is a question (I'm not at home now either, family emergency), but it can't last forever in this state, so... soon!

(0) (0)
I want to buy or trade for these knuffels:
Earth Gen 18, Light Gen 19, Fire Gen 21, Air/Light/Water Gen 22, Light Gen 23, Earth/Light Gen 25, Darkness Gen 26.
Please PM me if you can help!

[ 35 posts ]