Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 21 posts ] 
Dad: What should we get for your mom's birthday 8U
Me: She wanted these books but I forgot the title u8  20%  [ 11 ]
Dad: Try to ask her slyly 8U/  11%  [ 6 ]
Me: "Hey, Ma, Dad wants to know the name of those books you wanted. No real reason. u8"  31%  [ 17 ]
Dad: That was sly BU  38%  [ 21 ]
Total votes : 55
 Post subject: Re: Buying Presents
Posted: Oct 24th, '20, 11:31    

ShortAxel

Hugs: 9897
Gift giving is definitely one of my love languages!

I love to put a lot of thought into commissioning, buying, or making the perfect give for those I love. I've never really had the income to allow that before, but now that I do its really rewarding. I love when a gift really nails it and the recipient is super excited!

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 24th, '20, 12:45    

Leilailla

Hugs: 10145
I like giving gifts, but I lose myself when shopping for people I like, and usually the gifts are way more expensive than what I planned... well, I don't give gifts for people I don't know, but when I was at school, I was so lost - what would they like? is this okay? lol

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 24th, '20, 13:00    

amalath

Hugs: 95128
Mood: hurting.
I hate both getting and giving gifts. It always feels so forced and not needed, especially when I do not know the person too well. If you are my friend and there is something you really want that I can afford, I will gladly buy it for you without any special occasion. But having to force a gift because its B-day/X-mas/whatever, makes me really miserable.

(0) (0)
32. Pansexual, mentally genderless, pagan, and full of attitude. Born female. Is a cat. Call me ama. I eat people. Ó~Ò_F
Qui-Gon Jinn wrote:Be mindful of the living Force, my young Padawan.
TimTam wrote:ama must be mad. XD
Merrymaking wrote:I wanted to die in a bloody fashion. And now I don't even die at all. I don't get crucified, either. It's stupid.
kaguya wrote:Once I remembered my birthday because the bread went out of date on it. @.@
Hinote no Akai wrote:some other random conversation
I just mostly laugh to my comps
or shout at them
I think his head is ok
STARGATE!
LOOOOL

Posted: Oct 24th, '20, 19:11    

ArmyAunt

Hugs: 53906
Mood: Too young to be this old.
Website: https://kingdomofknuffel.com//viewtopic.php?f=12&t=12512
I love giving folks gifts that I know they will truly like. One of my favorite memories from my daughter's childhood is the Christmas when she was 3½. After opening each present, she hugged it and said, "It's just exactly what I always wanted!" Warmed my heart so much!

That being said, some folks are easier to buy for than others. My older brother is very hard to buy for because he can generally buy whatever he wants for himself. I used to be able to shop for my husband easily, but it's harder now.

Sometimes I don't mind getting gift cards, but it depends on who it's from. For instance, for my birthday last spring my husband gave me a Steam gift card. Like I can't just buy what I want with money from our bank account. So basically he gave me my own money that I could only spend in one place.

(0) (0)
Disclaimer: No trees were harmed in the sending of this message;
however, a significant number of electrons were slightly inconvenienced.

I love the way the earth rotates. It really makes my day.
Questing for: Nothing at the moment.

^ Click my old knuffel above to go to my adoptables thread. ^
V Or click the bar below to go to my Knuffel Quick F/P page. V

First fairy found on 07/15/2012 -- Prize: Moth Fairy Top
Second fairy found on 10/03/2023 -- Prize: Midnight Fairy Top

Posted: Oct 28th, '20, 02:19    

YourMajesty

Hugs: 33654
Mood: Dressed by a 9 year old.
I enjoy giving gifts. I like it best when I know for sure what someone wants. I don't mind asking them. That way I can be sure my gift won't be a dud.

(0) (0)
Blank signature is blank.

Posted: Oct 31st, '20, 06:49    

kitestrings

Hugs: 8486
i like getting gifts for people whose taste i know. when you know someone really well, there's always tons of stuff you can find that you think they'd like if you walk into a store.
it's harder when shopping online. i've found that i don't know where to start or what to look for when i'm trying to get gifts online. it's more fun and way easier to go to the mall or something.
the best part is when you know you've found something really good, and the face they make at you when they see it. it's very fun.

(0) (0)
call me wren ☆ he/him pronouns
art blog | rate my art!
knuffels

Posted: Oct 31st, '20, 12:32    

Mirika

Hugs: 1009
Mood: Overall alright
I enjoy giving gifts when I can. It's actually how I show I care; I am not good with words, so I give items to show them that I think of them.

Receiving I can be a bit iffy about if it's expensive, because I easily feel bad/guilty and it gives me a feeling I need to do something in return. It's silly, because I know I am not like this when I give a gift, I don't need anything in return, yet I do feel this way when I receive something. The only free pass is my birthday, the only day I won't feel bad about any gifts, because it's me-day.

Gifting is a curious thing, isn't it?

(0) (0)

Posted: Nov 2nd, '20, 05:36    

Suugar-Fiend

Hugs: 45424
Mood: .:::Sugarpiehoneybunchhhh..:::.
I feel the same anxiety as you. I will soon participate in a secret Santa with a bunch of ppl who are super grown adults and I am an adult as well but not as much of an adult as they are xD. Like they love wine trips what is that even?
I love them though and I hope whoever I get I can get them something they will really like.

(0) (0)

Posted: Nov 4th, '20, 02:06    

jadepanda-ai

Hugs: 8223
I get super anxious about it too :mcdead:
I'll usually settle on a giftcard somewhere I know they like to go, because I'll always be worried that the thing I got is either something they already have or something they don't really want or need.

(0) (0)

Posted: Nov 12th, '20, 09:35    

CrystalOwl

Hugs: 3083
I love giving gifts, but I wish I had more money to give better gifts. I’m also really bad at hiding them lol and keeping them secrets I get so excited

(0) (0)
ImageImage

[ 21 posts ]