Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 1140 posts ] 
What are you most excited about with the candy shop?
Hair  25%  [ 26 ]
Background items  9%  [ 9 ]
Clothes  9%  [ 9 ]
Body stuff (wings/ears)  11%  [ 11 ]
People posting more often  6%  [ 6 ]
Food!  41%  [ 43 ]
Total votes : 104
 Post subject: Re: ~Tranquil Hangout~ (new poll 09.09.15)
Posted: Sep 10th, '18, 12:31    

chuunibyou

Hugs: 111821
Mood: spiritual
ooh ghostwriting :mcshock:
nope i didn't know you published a book! that's amazing, what's it called? what's it about? :mcglee:
omg i didn't know about your magazine either what is this :mcomg: tell me about it where can i read it omg so cool :mcsquee:

and here i am simply writing fanfiction and the (very) occasional original flash piece lol

yeah, here honours is above and beyond the regular degree. thing is if we're gonna be applying to your country for a masters degree we need an honours degree (it's easier for them to calculate degree equivalency that way, even if it's often not accurate :mcheh: we do more work than a vast majority of undergraduate degrees). so when we were applying for masters the faculty kept saying that we should only pursue it out of our own interest and that it's NOT a necessity or even an advantage unless we're applying abroad.

(0) (0)
Come chat with me at my hangout thread!
Stroctoperry wrote:Because KofK trumps homework, for some reason.
Death Candy wrote:I just realized that "take out" means food, dating, and murder. And if you were a female praying mantis you'd have all three.
Akili Li wrote:People talk about bravery in these super dramatic terms like it only applies to soldiers going to war, but for all that I think true courage is found in the hard every day moments of social interaction and standing up for what you believe in even when it's not life-or-death, when it's instead a matter of approval-or-ostracization among people whose opinions you care about. That's harder, to my mind. That's an ongoing, you have to live with it forever thing, instead of one single moment that's the exception instead of the rule.

First fairy found 28th May 2015
Second fairy found 11th May 2017
Third fairy found 9th Jan 2024

Posted: Sep 12th, '18, 12:54    

jacobgrey

Hugs: 136721
Mood: (◡‿◡)
Okay so here we go for linkspam XD So my book is called Boy Under Water, it's based on the true story of a British serial killer. I recreated the events based on his and others' testimony so it is a bit grisly at times, fair warning there! It's free if you have Kindle Unlimited and there's a print version available too.
The magazine is called London Runway, it's a fashion magazine. You can find all details about that on the website so no more needed to be said :D

Fanfiction is a good place to start, I was writing it for many years. You can practice easily and get feedback from a lot of people, so it's not to be sniffed at!

Aha that makes sense! Interesting. So it's like a failsafe to check that the degree is "at least" equivalent, even if it makes it higher in effect. Well, it makes sense that you shouldn't need to do it if you don't plan to study abroad :D I wanted to do a masters one day but there just wasn't any way to afford it, I needed to get a job right after my degree because I ran out of money completely. And I still owe so much to the government for my loans too... I wonder if I'll ever pay it off actually :mcsweat: But if I could, I would totally love to go back and study again one day. Actually I even considered doing another degree even if it's not a masters, just in a new field that I could do part-time and learn something new. But it's not realistic so I just kept the course guides so I can cry at them sometimes XD

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
First fairy 8.4.15; 2nd 7.6.17
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: Sep 13th, '18, 09:56    

chuunibyou

Hugs: 111821
Mood: spiritual
okay, that is terrifying :mcomg: i think it's because he's killing just for the sake of killing. sadism reallllyyyy freaks me out.
that fashion magazine is soo cool! i've gotten interested in fashion recently but i'm not allowed to wear whatever i want which is a real dampener. lol also most of the clothes i'm interested in i can't actually get. like kpop inspired outfits, or gothic lolita. i love looking at the pretty pics in magazines and pinterest tho! :qh:
jacobgrey wrote:I just kept the course guides so I can cry at them sometimes XD
nuuuuuuu :mcangry: :qcry:
i'm having a similar problem with a yoga instructor's certification i want to do. i really want to become a licensed practitioner. but it's expensive :mccry: it would be affordable if it didn't have to be paid in one go or in such frequent instalments.

(0) (0)
Come chat with me at my hangout thread!
Stroctoperry wrote:Because KofK trumps homework, for some reason.
Death Candy wrote:I just realized that "take out" means food, dating, and murder. And if you were a female praying mantis you'd have all three.
Akili Li wrote:People talk about bravery in these super dramatic terms like it only applies to soldiers going to war, but for all that I think true courage is found in the hard every day moments of social interaction and standing up for what you believe in even when it's not life-or-death, when it's instead a matter of approval-or-ostracization among people whose opinions you care about. That's harder, to my mind. That's an ongoing, you have to live with it forever thing, instead of one single moment that's the exception instead of the rule.

First fairy found 28th May 2015
Second fairy found 11th May 2017
Third fairy found 9th Jan 2024

Posted: Sep 17th, '18, 13:38    

jacobgrey

Right? I got obsessed with true crime because it frightens me so much. My defence mechanism is to learn as much as possible about it, so that I can keep myself safe against certain situations. For instance there was one guy who murdered people by saying he was someone official, and they always let him in. I can't remember exactly what he said he was, but anyway, now I always triple check before I answer the door. First look through the pinhole, then ask who they are, and also ask for ID if I need to. They might still murder me even if they are really who they say they are but at least I'm trying as best as possible XD

I have a similar thing except I would be allowed to wear the clothes I want... I just can't afford them XD I have annoyingly expensive tastes. Like if I look at a selection of clothes without seeing the brand names or prices, I have a knack of being able to choose the most expensive thing as the one I like best XD

It sucks. I've seen some courses which have a money back guarantee if you don't find paid work afterwards, but that honestly just makes me think the course is probably a scam, so I never took one of them.

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: Oct 28th, '18, 18:02    

MissNikki

Hugs: 108648
Mood: Tired. Always tired.
Ooohh I love true crime stories!! Will have to check that out!!

And hello there. Think this is my first time in this thread. :mcheh:

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 28th, '18, 18:30    

jacobgrey

Oh hey! Please do haha. I need some motivation as I'm supposed to be starting the next book soon. Although I'm wondering whether I have the time to do it right now.

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: Oct 28th, '18, 19:53    

Akili Li

Hugs: 238657
Mood: contemplative
When you wrote the book did you write the blurb for it too? How does that work?

(0) (0)
I want to buy or trade for these knuffels:
Earth Gen 18, Light Gen 19, Fire Gen 21, Air/Light/Water Gen 22, Light Gen 23, Earth/Light Gen 25, Darkness Gen 26.
Please PM me if you can help!

Posted: Oct 28th, '18, 20:18    

jacobgrey

Yeah, I wrote everything for it! That way everything is cohesive :)

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: Oct 28th, '18, 20:20    

Akili Li

Hugs: 238657
Mood: contemplative
That must have been a massive amount of work! How long were you doing research for it?

(0) (0)
I want to buy or trade for these knuffels:
Earth Gen 18, Light Gen 19, Fire Gen 21, Air/Light/Water Gen 22, Light Gen 23, Earth/Light Gen 25, Darkness Gen 26.
Please PM me if you can help!

Posted: Oct 29th, '18, 13:10    

jacobgrey

Probably a month or so. But I was familiar with the case already, having written an article about it before and also having heard of it as I'm a true crime nerd in general. The biggest amount of work was finding and sourcing direct quotes and statements about what happened, but the good thing is that there was a lot of it available.

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
My books ~*~ My magazine

[ 1140 posts ]