Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 1102 posts ] 
What is your favorite piece of furniture from this list?
Chair  4%  [ 6 ]
Table  2%  [ 3 ]
Sofa  17%  [ 28 ]
Floor Lamp  7%  [ 11 ]
Desk  10%  [ 16 ]
Recliner  13%  [ 21 ]
Food Option  20%  [ 33 ]
I didn't even read the options  28%  [ 45 ]
Total votes : 163
 Post subject: Re: *Private* Tripping the Light Fantastic
Posted: Jul 31st, '18, 15:53    

Formiana

Hugs: 7254
Mood: Nonplussed
Decreasing your goal made everything worse. Hurry up and reach it so that it isn't destroying our progress graph any more. Why does NaNo think that 1 line is equivalent to 1 hour is equivalent to 1 minute? Who planned this? You'd think that they would total the progress graph out of percentage.

I think I'm going to say they're still lazy. It's technically possible to not do anything practical, after all. On the other hand, I now doubt that I'm going to finish. I'm not going to do five times again this amount of work without external motivation.

Ooooh gross. Collect some of the goo when you take the bandage off and then incubate it on some plates. See what you get. Grow your own you-garden from the art you incorporated onto your body.

When does the MN state fair start? The Ohio state fair is happening now and it looks like I'm going to go with some probationary friends. I assume it will be real small and sad.

(0) (0)

Posted: Jul 31st, '18, 17:19    

Stroctoperry

Hugs: 11369
Mood: Lazy
Website: https://www.fanfiction.net/u/1701656/LordofDorkness
You could just write more lines to make up for it. That would also solve your problem. I have no problems.

Would you like for me to provide you with external motivation? I'm sure we could arrange something inspiring.

I'm not doing that. Ideally, there's nothing growing in it. That's the point of the plastic bandage. And I'm supposed to take it off in the shower, so it will all, unfortunately, be lost.

Have you heard of the internet? It works even in Ohio, I believe. They have the dates on there.
You will need to report on the quality and the food offerings. If there are not enough things on sticks, bring your own and fix all of the food.

(0) (0)

Posted: Aug 2nd, '18, 05:02    

Stroctoperry

If I don't make it to lvl 8, will you buy one of the summer knuffel for me?

(0) (0)

Posted: Aug 2nd, '18, 15:16    

Formiana

Ugh. Why you double-post? I was so happy to once again be the person at the top of every page of our thread. You are an everything-ruiner.

You made your goal! Is good! Hurray! You did not single-handedly destroy our cabin. And I didn't have to write any more of my thing. The world is at peace.

We've tried that in the past. I always end up blowing off your external motivation. I think I need to chalk this one up to experience. Are you pleased with your endophyte paper?

Is the bandage off yet? Are you still gooey? What's happening in goo land?

Of course obviously I can google things, but sometimes I like to use a little trick called human interaction. I expect some people to know some things offhand and not need to google it. Excuse me for thinking you know things.
Food offerings: Good. Not so many weird novelty foods, but the fair staples were present. I had deep-fried buckeyes because they seemed very Ohio-appropriate. I believe they gave me the diabetes. They were on sticks, as were a great many other things.
Animal barns: Small, but solid. All animals present. Freaky-looking chickens were observed.
Viewables: Ohio loves butter sculptures. Frankly, they outdid us here. There was so much butter. Other viewable entertainment was generally smaller and less impressive than MN.
Crowd: Almost nonexistent. My personal space was barely violated at all.

I'm a little low on water points and hadn't planned to get any more, since I already have both event knuffel. I might be able to get you the cheaper one with a little effort, but it might be easier to do it yourself.

(0) (0)

Posted: Aug 2nd, '18, 16:45    

Stroctoperry

You could fix it by also double posting, or wait until I double post again. Not difficult.

All I did was cruise for references. That's why I counted hours/minutes instead of words.

No, you've never agreed to my external motivation. I suggested you buy something you want and give it to me, and I only refrain from destroying it if you meet your goal. You refused.

Bandage is off. Was not pleasant to remove. Now it's peeling like a bad sunburn and I'm not allowed to pick it. The most I can do is put lotion on it. No peeling the bits off. Very irritating.

I do not know those things. I google them.
So not the fruit. That would give you the food poisoning or the death instead of the diabeetus.
Did they have llamas?
Did they have a whole refrigerated building for butter sculptures? Did they rotate? They don't win if they didn't rotate.
What's the point of a fair if nobody goes? This is why they can't have nice things.

I can afford either right now, but not both. I will try very hard to make it to 8th and it won't be an issue, how 'bout that?

(0) (0)

Posted: Aug 3rd, '18, 17:14    

Formiana

I was waiting for you to double-post again. That's what I was doing until the beginning of this week, when you did you first double post. You have no idea how I rejoiced. And then you freaking went and ruined it.

Ugh. That is new-agey NaNo nonsense. You just looked at potato papers for a few hours and called it good.

Can we play fast and loose with the definition of "destroy"? If I make the motivation a consumable, and you get to consume it instead of me if I don't reach the goal, would that count?

Still peeling? How long will you peel? Forever?

Yeah, not the fruit. The chocolate peanut butter thing. The thing that, as I now know, should NEVER EVER be deep-fried if you want to be able to move afterward.
No llamas. A real disappointment on the llama front. They had camels, but we didn't see them.
Not quite a building, but a huge display room. No rotating. Perhaps they win only on quantity, not quality. On the other hand, they did stick very hard to their "A Christmas Story" theme.
I was very confused as to the lack of people. I don't know how the food vendors get by.

New! Phone! I! Have! A! New! Phone!
And now I can't listen to anything on it, because I don't have the stupid adapter and they took my headphone jack.

(0) (0)

Posted: Aug 3rd, '18, 19:35    

Stroctoperry

I'm... not sorry. I don't care who is at the top of the thread.

Yes. That was the plan from the beginning. It's called research. And anyway, leeks are much more fashionable in the late 80's than potatoes.

No. The sheer wastefulness of me destroying it instead of using it will add to the incentive. Unless you would be appropriately motivated by allowing me to have it, because my own plan makes my skin crawl.

Forever. How long do sunburns typically peel? Probably that long. But the peelings are significantly more colorful.

Sounds like the deep fried sandwiches at the MN fair last year. Dangerous.
Why would you skip camels if you knew they were there? That's the biggest disappointment on the llama/camel front.
Christmas in July? Inappropriate theme choice. Lower point value.
Maybe you went on a slow day? Any locals you could ask about the ghost town fair?

You! Should! Play! Pokemon! Go!
No need for headphones if you only use it for Pokemon. We're bringing you bluetooth headphones in about a week, remember. Don't do anything drastic.

(0) (0)

Posted: Aug 6th, '18, 16:33    

Formiana

Is the leek superior to the potato? Why did everyone abandon the noble potato, finest among tubers?

It depends on the thing, I guess. Maybe if it's something that wouldn't be wasted if "destroyed", like a video game activation code that you could just delete if I don't make the deadline? That would be punishing only me, and the company that makes it has the potential to get two purchases from me instead of one, so they potentially win from this.

Done peeling? Send pics. Send peeling pics. Send pics of what peels off.

Wait, deep fried sandwiches? What sort of sandwich? They had deep fried PB&J at this state fair, but that just sounded heavy and not particularly tasty.
We had already walked past the camel location by the time we realized they were there, and didn't want to backtrack. Common laziness.
Apparently it's the movie's anniversary, and it was set in Ohio, and this state is BIZARRELY obsessed with media set here. I don't get it.
There was a good chance of rain and it was a weekday, which account for low crowds, but the description by the locals make it sound like it never brings the density of people that MN does.

I! Would! Have! To! Set! Up! A! New! Account!
Because the old one was linked to the other Apple ID which I refuse to touch now. Which is kind of a bummer. Not sure if I want to start from zero. I'd have to get some stupid new starter, right?

(0) (0)

Posted: Aug 6th, '18, 17:30    

Stroctoperry

The leek is probably a passing fad. Don't worry about the potato.

The destruction is part of the motivation. Stop trying to attenuate the motivating force.

No. No. No. No.

Monte Cristo, fluffer nutter, etc. They were extremely heavy and a bad idea, but also very tasty.
Another unfortunate side-effect of hunger? At the fair?
They don't have much. Let's let them have this. They're not Georgia, after all.
Sad.

Do! It! Anyway!
I don't think they make you get a new starter. The starter isn't very good, so it doesn't even matter. Just be my pokefriend.
You can shift apple IDs to new email addresses. Update it and reuse it. If it's Dad's, just let him know first?

(0) (0)

Posted: Aug 7th, '18, 16:05    

Formiana

That sounds like a prophecy. An agricultural prophecy, maybe, or a really deep metaphor.

Stop making the motivating force something intolerable. It's a risk and reward situation. If the reward is "I get access to something I already purchased" and the penalty is "Something I purchase gets WASTED AND DESTROYED", it's just not worth it. I'm better off not taking the gamble. If it's something I could bear to see destroyed, I probably don't want it that much anyway.

...Send pics of the room you're in while it's peeling?

Just thinking the words "deep fried fluffer nutter sandwich" takes away my ability to move. Who thought that was a good idea?
Possibly another unfortunate side effect of deep-fried buckeyes.
They really have nothing. People went to see Ready Player One just because it's set in Columbus. They didn't even enjoy it; it was just some weird civic duty.

I don't want dad's work Apple ID. I think he still uses it for one of his things. He says he gets notifications related to it, anyway.
Now that I think about it, maybe I wouldn't have to get a new account? The app itself was linked to the apple ID, but there's an in-app sign-in process, right?

(0) (0)

[ 1102 posts ]