Yay!  46%  [ 104 ]
Nay.  8%  [ 18 ]
Indifferent~  46%  [ 105 ]
Total votes : 227
 Post subject: Re: Candy Caravan Chat
Posted: Jan 10th, '23, 23:57    

phantorn

Hugs: 11577
Uber package delivery sounds just as miserable as Uber Eats. The place I used to work (remotely) gave us food delivery gift cards to use on monthly virtual lunch meetings, and I tried Uber Eats a few times. Every single time, I'd watch someone pick up my food and drive in the opposite direction before coming to my house. Once, I complained to Uber because my tacos were soggy, and they were like "too bad, should have paid for the more expensive service where we actually promise you'll get your food quickly." I haven't used Uber Eats since.

(0) (0)

Posted: Jan 11th, '23, 02:18    

Rubie

Hugs: 147905
Yeah I would have stopped using Uber eats if that happened to me. I usually go pick up my take out because most places don't offer delivery here (granted I don't use food delivery apps). The only places that offer delivery are pizza places and even then, growing up, the local pizza place didn't offer delivery. I actually thought it was pretty dang cool to get a pizza delivery the first time in my early 20s.

(0) (0)
Buying Lots of Stuff!

Come chat with me?

Posted: Jan 11th, '23, 03:29    

Hotarla

Hugs: 107236
It is. Ugh. Like Amazon is usually ok but Uber connect (for deliveries) is a nightmareee. Especially ESPECIALLY when the drivers barely speak a lick of English and there’s a frikkin language barrier. 8u not that I’m trying to discriminate but having a language barrier is like a whole nother stress-inducing problem that I don’t really need on top of insuring that my package is delivered/sent. 8u

I think the guy just decided “oh I’m gonna book Ubers back to back bc I can” which I think is ridiculous. Like can’t you finish one job before you start the next? I could never do that, I need to complete one task before doing another, don’t give me more than that.

(0) (0)
Selling Wild Knuffel, Dig and Event Items Here!

Posted: Jan 11th, '23, 16:37    

Rubie

I always feel bad when I have to call customer service and get someone I really can't understand. I always try to reiterate what they are saying so I am understanding them. Like it's not their problem because it's their job.

And yeah, why would someone do something like that? It just seems like that will just lead to delays for everyone. Especially if one job is further away from another.

(0) (0)
Buying Lots of Stuff!

Come chat with me?

Posted: Jan 11th, '23, 16:43    

Hotarla

Sometimes i have a hard time hearing people when i’m talking on the phone. Sometimes its hard to sort through the accents and i have to make them repeat themselves. But then i feel bad for making them repeat themselves and i don’t want to offend them because i keep repeating myself. XD

I dunno lol. Maybe they found an uber request in the area that they were delivering to and the moment they finished one uber request, they could go directly to the next? I dunno, is that how uber works? You just keep taking one job after another until you flop lol.

(0) (0)

Posted: Jan 11th, '23, 18:55    

Rubie

Oh yeah that too. I was on the phone yesterday and I could barely hear the guy I was talking to and then someone came in to talk to the HR person and they were so freaking loud I felt bad for the number of times I had to ask him to repeat himself and they didn't get the hint when I said really loudly "I'm sorry I am having issues hearing you because two people decided to have a loud conversation right now."

Huh true. I guess I'll never really know until I talk to someone who does that kind of job. I just hear horror stories from the workers and the people using the services.

(0) (0)
Buying Lots of Stuff!

Come chat with me?

Posted: Jan 11th, '23, 20:07    

Hotarla

Lolll some people! I’m glad I’m usually all alone in my little area of the office and it’s usually pretty quiet here.

Yeah and here I am with first hand experience about how the service is lol. Even though I’ve only used it for the company and never done it personally. I know what of my coworkers had to take an Uber once when we took the company car in for service and he needed a ride to get to the dealership. Said the ride made him sick although he didn’t specify why. XD;;

(0) (0)

Posted: Jan 11th, '23, 20:33    

Rubie

Yeah, usually it's not bad with the people I usually talk to, but sometimes the person just has bad reception or, my favorite, are on speaker or bluetooth while driving.

Oh god, one of the ubers I took in Chicago last month was almost as bad as the taxis I used to take when I would get back to Chicago on the train and take a taxi back to my housing when I went to school up there. Crazy driving, weaving through traffic. Time = money, and more people they can taxi around, the more they get paid.

(0) (0)
Buying Lots of Stuff!

Come chat with me?

Posted: Jan 12th, '23, 03:19    

Hotarla

omggg that one. is. the. worse. xD;; or like they sound so far away from the speaker, its hard to hear. 8u like srsss, if you're gonna be talking on the phone, could you not like stop or like.....not do anything while talking? or like find a good place to take a call? likeeee, dude, i think it should be common courtesy or manners or somethinggggggggg.

exactly. which is probably why uber drivers just take requests back to back to back. 8u and then get annoyed or pissed off that they're running late to their next appointment. 8u

(0) (0)

Posted: Jan 12th, '23, 23:56    

Rubie

My FAVORITE is when I was working in a grocery store and people be talking to through their ear piece. (like back when blue tooth wasn't that popular). It was so embarrassing because I would say hi, they say hi back, and then I thought they were trying to make small talk. It's just rude. Don't do that.

(0) (0)
Buying Lots of Stuff!

Come chat with me?

[ 14410 posts ]