Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 1283 posts ] 
 Post subject: Re: Feature Requests - Post your ideas here!
Posted: Mar 10th, '18, 20:18    

Suugar-Fiend

Hugs: 45578
Mood: .:::Sugarpiehoneybunchhhh..:::.
Social games, or free-to-play games, generally do not fall under the definition of a game of chance. They may be operated without a licence, yet restrictions may apply based on consumer or minor protection laws. Games which are not free to play may be subject to gambling regulations, if prizes have a monetary value (for example, game points which can be exchanged for real money or goods).
The use of a virtual currency does not automatically change the nature of a game from social to gambling, as long as the virtual currency is of no monetary value and part of a "closed loop".
There are no specific proposals to change the existing regulation to include social gaming.
Due to the more pressing issues of solving the licensing dilemma and establishing a regulation which is compatible with EU law, there are currently no specific plans to specifically regulate social gaming in Germany
«.¸¸.•´¯`☽☾.¸¸.•´¯`»
xxxxxxxx.¸¸.•´¯`»
xxxxxxxxxxx.¸¸.•´¯`»
I found this regarding germany laws on "social gaming" which is what KofK is. And from what I gather, it is exactly as the US court ruling says. That since virtual cash cannot be exchange for real money. It isn't legal gambling. Once we donate to obtain :fc: then it becomes virtual cash, that gets you virtual items. Everything is "digital" that will never be able to be exchanged for real money or goods. Not gambling XD
But you guys from germany are free to research this in your own language. As I can't speak german :mcheh:.
So I think there isn't danger then, since KofK is based on germany and germany laws says this about virtual cash. To sue somebody not based in your country under your laws is not an easy thing to do. Your right. So I guess we are okay. I agree with you we had to consider that legal aspect, but now that it seems it's alright, it should be okay.
Let me see so far I know:
US is fine
Germany is fine
Japan is fine
Autralia is fine.
(obviously I can't research all the countries, but if your living somewhere else then you can research the country your in )
But I guess we don't have to if the site is located in germany. As long as germany laws says they're alright, and that they don't plan to revise that either lol, It'll be hard press for anyone to do anything to KofK. Plus we are a small site. I doubted anyone would in the first place.

I said all those things in general because any feature that's suggested that you need :fc: to get are taken in a negative selfish light. I was trying to highlight the way user should be thinking about instead of something that "wants to take my money". Because it really isn't. Everything that the site earns goes directly back to the site to pay for servers. It keeps the very site alive. So I think it should be thought about in that way.

I don't understand why users take "chance" "gamble" items so personally. It isn't personal. And I think it is selfish, to choose to take it personal, because user should know better. We know Firn, we talk to her, and if she chose a feature like this, then we know she had the good of the site and everyone in mind.
They aren't instituted to hurt anyone in particular. They're not scheming to pray on anyone psyche. Come on guys lol :mcheh:. People are demonizing something that is dead and unbiased. The only thing that can hurt you is you. And the only people who can change you is you.
It's up to the person to be responsible. Chance items are just that, chance, and people can take them or leave them. It's as simple as that. Like I said. Not the site's responsibility, not Firn's. And yes it's good for her to consider possible consequences. But as of now our only chance system which is the WK items system hasn't been taken badly at all. I would like to think that this won't be either. And with the risk of sounding corny. I think we should take a chance :mctongue:

The site isn't doing so well, we need more features for FC that can help it.

Of course if Firn wants to make a feature like that in FP as well then I have no problem with that. But like she said it would be difficult to determine how much an item should cost based on market value. And FEW people have 1.5million floating around :mctongue: . I guess you can always buy :fc: for :food: but then :fc: would be worth 200k.
Maybe if a feature was worth like.....1 :fc: or something. And your chances increase the more :fc: you put in. Max. of 3 , maybe max of 3. And there like a "pool" of items that can be obtained and you know what items in advanced. Or something.
If we wanna go :food: route, then maybe we can start low like 1k up to 100k the higher the food the better the chances. I think it would have to be sort of a "tire" thing. You'll have a higher chance to get something from the higher tires when more food is used. Not sure. I know you disagreed on the tier idea bcs some items would be subjectively worse then other items.

But I guess that's the point? lol. I'm not sure why people get mad about that when it's really "the name of the game XD".

I need to think about this some more lol. I'm sure others have better ideas if it was for :fc: or :food: . Feel free to keep sending them our way :mcsquee:

why I think getting older items should be lucked based is because older items shouldn't be easy to get. It wasn't easy to get when they were available so they should be harder to obtain now.
If you get lucky and land a good item, then that was your luck. But something fixed feels unfair to the older user who scrambled for them.

It is also why I wasn't mad when Firn put old items up for auction in the market place. I knew you had to work hard for the funds, then work hard to win the auction. You had to be there at the right place and time, and you had to hone in your snipe skills. So it was hard. It didn't feel unfair to me if for example a vampire hair was up in auction. Because it's like a 2 part thing. Win the auction, have the money. Some would call it winning the auction kind of luck as well. Luck someone else didn't out bid you.

With just having the money and buying it like that outright isn't really fair. It needs that extra level. The level of luck bcs they should be hard to obtain.

{edit}
LMAO....I didn't know there was a smilies maximum of 15??? XD XD!
.¸¸.•´¯`»xxxxxxxxx
.¸¸.•´¯`»xxxxx
«.¸¸.•´¯`☽☾.¸¸.•´¯`»

(0) (1)

Posted: Mar 10th, '18, 23:07    

cyan

Hugs: 23748
Mood: ♫♪ Schnee ♪♫
Thanks Chrizine. My thought exactly, I just had a hard time to put them into words, so thank you for your post.
They aren't instituted to hurt anyone in particular. They're not scheming to pray on anyone psyche
Have you ever played any game that has lootboxes? They are psychological manipulation galore. The whole concept is to make you spent more than you ever would on a direct purchase.
The idea with the Knuffel drop would even have been directly bound to the donation itself. So donating becomes impossible for anyone who doesn't want to gamble.

(3) (0)

Posted: Mar 10th, '18, 23:44    

Suugar-Fiend

Hugs: 45578
Mood: .:::Sugarpiehoneybunchhhh..:::.
cyan wrote:Thanks Chrizine. My thought exactly, I just had a hard time to put them into words, so thank you for your post.
They aren't instituted to hurt anyone in particular. They're not scheming to pray on anyone psyche
Have you ever played any game that has lootboxes? They are psychological manipulation galore. The whole concept is to make you spent more than you ever would on a direct purchase.
The idea with the Knuffel drop would even have been directly bound to the donation itself. So donating becomes impossible for anyone who doesn't want to gamble.
«.¸¸.•´¯`☽☾.¸¸.•´¯`»
xxxxxxxx.¸¸.•´¯`»
xxxxxxxxxxx.¸¸.•´¯`»
I have, like I mentioned before LINE PLAY uses gachas. Which are luck machines. You spend a certain amount of cash to obtain 10 randoms items or so for your avatar. Whether those were items you wanted or not is subjective.
I've also played a game called unison league, which is summoning game.
All games of gambles I supposed.
But what I spend on those was my own doing, and my own responsibility. The games didn't force me to spend anything. I could enjoy them without spending. But I did at times and that was my choice.

So you mean to tell me that those features control you? and not the other way around?. I get that chance games like that could make you spend more then you would otherwise do. But if you want whatever it is it's offering. You should control yourself. Or you should ignore it.Just because you don't like it doesn't mean others won't. how about for those people who want to play something like this. Why not allow users the opportunity to decide for themselves. When it'll be really easy for it to be ignored if its not to a person's liking while leaving those who want to use to do so. Equal opportunity for everyone.

NOW....the knuffel idea, this is sepearte and should really be discussed in the other thread. But like I said before it's something nice that COULD happen to you. Not necessary something users are entitled to. Since we already have so many rewards for donating. It could be an extra incentive.

You could honestly ignore it complete like it's not even there if that were to happen. It doesn't change the donation system because you still get everything you normally would get for donating.
Maybe Firn could add a "I don't want to participate in the knuffel drop" box. And voila, you get yourself out of your dilemma. If your not donating for the knuffel but just for the items, then that should be fine. Let people who want to participate, participate.

While I don't understand why you wouldn't want a little extra wonderful knuffel I don't know, but that solved that problem. If you'd like to discuss this further you are free to head over to the other thread. As that's the place we are discussing the knuffel drop. This is different.
.¸¸.•´¯`»xxxxxxxxx
.¸¸.•´¯`»xxxxx
«.¸¸.•´¯`☽☾.¸¸.•´¯`»

(1) (1)

Posted: Apr 30th, '18, 18:40    

JellyBrain

Hugs: 173298
Mood: Ready - Aim - Emergency!!!
Can we have bigger spaces between the knuffel faq link and the visit an other knuffel link?

I like to visit randomies but I am on mobile, so my fingers a bit to fat to click in the middle of it.
^^ :mcheh:
I have to zoom in a lot to hit properly.
Doesnt have to be a huge space, just a line more would be nice!
Thank you. :qh:

(0) (0)
To ALL you writers, artists and social media users!!

https://kofk.de/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=62128

My price pool you can choose from (contains more pls have a look!)

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Posted: Jun 1st, '18, 17:48    

Haze

Hugs: 201349
Is it possible to make knuffels that are level 100 to not show at daycare?

(0) (0)
Looking for the following knuffel:
Halloween 2014

Butterfly lair leadband

Posted: Jun 1st, '18, 19:06    

memoriam

Hugs: 223331
Mood: Mood.
You can sort them by level, then the ones on lvl 100 will be at the end of the list. Maybe I could suggest a checkbox with "don't show 100 lvl knuffels" or something like that.
I personally just type in the first letters of the chosen knuffel's name and that's it :mcwink:

(3) (0)
In need of materials? Go to ~Memoriam's~
Free avatar/room items & knuffels!
Make the ⁂*ℭonfetti ℜain*⁂ with me!

Dec 21st/22nd 2016, R.I.P. Tila. We'll miss you, you cuddly little stinker <3
Dec 7th 2019, R.I.P. Candy. I'm sorry, my sweet little rumball...
Jan 8th 2020, R.I.P. Cotton. Farewell my golden adventurer </3
May 15th 2021, R.I.P. Kreska. I love you, angel...
Feb 3rd 2022, R.I.P. Kropka. Goodbye, my *starshine*
Nov 27th 2022, R.I.P. Strzałka. You will be missed, lazy ball.
Jan 5th 2023, R.I.P. Iskra. Spark until the end.
Jan 26th 2024, R.I.P. Mocha. You can fool around now, baby <3
Feb 22nd 2024, R.I.P. Latte. Now you are truly a free spirit...

Posted: Jun 2nd, '18, 21:47    

jacobgrey

Hugs: 134211
Mood: (◡‿◡)
Talking of something similar, I often wish there was a way to sort knuffels when you come from the rooms list to 'choose another knuffel'.

(3) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
First fairy 8.4.15; 2nd 7.6.17
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: Jun 11th, '18, 22:38    

light_sucks

Hugs: 160662
Mood: vaguely alive
So when you are in a shop it would be nice if under the buy all there was a bit all except ones owned option. Lots of the shop items I want one of each color and when there's like 30 colors it can be difficult to pick through them all to find the ones you're missing.

Same for the wishlist items. Add all except owned ones.

Annnnd it would be super amazing if you could add an already owned feature like y all did in the shops.

Just a few ideas. I don't how much work and effort that would take but these features would be fabulous.

Thanks so much for the awesome site! :qh:

(6) (0)
They/Them pronouns, please.

Call me Moss.

Posted: Jul 4th, '18, 11:12    

JellyBrain

Hugs: 173298
Mood: Ready - Aim - Emergency!!!
Hey there.
Maybe this sounds dumb, but I recently looked at the older generation knuffel and wanted to ask if there is the possibility to show their evolution stages that you can see again how they look in the end.

Maybe newer user would consider buying them if they know how they turned out.

It is not easy finding the older Knuffel stages in the forum.

(0) (0)
To ALL you writers, artists and social media users!!

https://kofk.de/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=62128

My price pool you can choose from (contains more pls have a look!)

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Posted: Jul 4th, '18, 13:25    

Illustrator
Firn

Hugs: 219948
Mood: [¬º-°]¬
ToxicFirefly wrote:Hey there.
Maybe this sounds dumb, but I recently looked at the older generation knuffel and wanted to ask if there is the possibility to show their evolution stages that you can see again how they look in the end.

Maybe newer user would consider buying them if they know how they turned out.

It is not easy finding the older Knuffel stages in the forum.
There is a sticky in the Knuffel Forum that shows all stages of all Knuffel: https://kofk.de/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=27368
It is not being updated with newer Knuffel anymore, but the old generations can be found there.

(1) (0)

[ 1283 posts ]