No  4%  [ 3 ]
Sometimes  37%  [ 25 ]
Penguin  16%  [ 11 ]
Total votes : 68
 Post subject: Re: Socially Awkward Club
Posted: Feb 27th, '18, 16:18    

Sanssouci

Hugs: 81312
She has a long history of advertising her services on the site (she does interior painting, reiki, and now yoga classes). But it's against the rules to advertise your services unless someone asks for them first. So, for example, you cannot make a new post to say, "I can paint your house." But if someone else were to say, "Can someone recommend a painter?" then you would be able to respond to their post and offer your services. Some people think it's not a big deal and that I'm just being a you know what by enforcing the rule. But people don't realize that without that rule being there and being enforced, the site would be so much spam that no one would even want to use it except other spammers! And it doubly bugs me because it's a free website. Following the rules is literally the only "payment" we have to make for using it. If people aren't willing to "pay the price," then don't use the site, you know!? If people think it's so unreasonable to be asked not to spam the site, then they're welcome to go make their own website where spam is allowed! And there is already facebook and craigslist for that anyway! Can you tell it drives me nuts lol!?

(0) (0)

Posted: Mar 10th, '18, 03:27    

Vlad Bloodhaven

Hugs: 3610
Mood: Awkward
It's a simple rule that is pretty easy to follow.
I don't get why people think it's okay to brake some of the simplest rules.

(0) (0)
I know I probably have some rare or retired items on here, but here's my dream avatar: https://kofk.de/da/074F5B39.jpg

Posted: Mar 11th, '18, 00:30    

Sanssouci

I know! Another rule is that you can't be rude. You can say what someone did. So, if a neighbor got arrested, you can say so. But you can't insult him or call him names. Seems pretty fair and logical to me. Well, one of our neighbors got arrested, so people started calling him a lowlife, so I locked the thread. So my direct next door neighbor PMed me to yell at me for locking the thread because she should be able to talk bad about whomever she wants, and I'm taking her government granted right to free speech, etc etc. People drive me nuts!

(0) (0)

Posted: Mar 11th, '18, 05:11    

Vlad Bloodhaven

Hugs: 3610
Mood: Awkward
Not being rude to people is also another very basic rule found pretty much everywhere.
And she does realize freedom of speech does not deal with what we say online, right? That is not at all what that is about. I ticks me off when people use this as an excuse to bad mouth people. It just shows how ignorant some people are.

(0) (0)
I know I probably have some rare or retired items on here, but here's my dream avatar: https://kofk.de/da/074F5B39.jpg

Posted: Mar 11th, '18, 15:16    

Sanssouci

I know, she's nuts! We haven't even spoken since she sent me that PM, and that was like two years ago. Then she got on the neighborhood website to say that people shouldn't be allowed to walk their dogs in the neighborhood. She said if you want to walk your dog, you should take him to a dog park. And nobody better let their dog pee on her yard, and she keeps binoculars by her window, and she'll be watching! Ugh. And guess what? She just got a new puppy that she's walking through the neighborhood.... So she's allowed to walk her dog but she thinks no one else is!? (And yes, dogs are 100% allowed here)

(0) (0)

Posted: Apr 7th, '18, 20:55    

Addicay

Hugs: 5726
*jumps in*

I feel like I am socially awkward. Like people look at me funny when I speak. But I am not really sure about that.
But people often don't get what I am trying to say. I use as little words as possible and think that what I say is so logical but noone gets it. Very frustating.

And people think I am always in a bad mood. They say I look angry - even on day I am laughing like crazy. *shrugs*

(0) (0)

Posted: Apr 7th, '18, 21:30    

Moi

Hugs: 339592
Mood: Know you're not alone.

Sanssouci: Your avatar is so pretty 8,u

Addicay: We are basically identical 8u
I always look angry or unimpressed, but I can be so happy and nice.
I also tend to joke but I don't sound like I am, so people think I'm crazy or something, I guess xD

I have depression and an anxiety disorder and I tend to have visual hallucinations and audible ones sometimes.
When I started to see a new doctor and a new counselor that talks to me about my depression and stuff.
I talk seriously, but in a joking manner, and they're like "o_____O" or like...scarily concerned. But I'm okay. I don't need concern??? xD
I usually walk around outside and talk to my animals and to bugs and to birds and even plants.
I mean, they're all living and intelligent, right?
Well, I told the counselor lady I was sick and not normal because I usually walk around and talk to bugs and plants.
She looked at me like I was insane xD

(0) (0)

"I'll miss the winter
A world of fragile things
Look for me in the white forest
Hiding in a hollow tree (come find me)
I know you hear me,
I can taste it in your tears."

Posted: Apr 8th, '18, 03:36    

Sanssouci

Thank you!

People have said that I look mean.

I talk to my animals all the time!

I used to live in a place where the houses were REALLY close together. I was in my backyard, which was right near the neighbor's window by default because of how small the yards were. A stray cat was there. I said, "Hi, how are you?" to the cat. The neighbor, from inside the house, said, "Good, how are you?" I couldn't see in, so I didn't know he was there, and he thought I was talking to him! He must have thought I was such a creep coming up to his window! I just ran off lol!

(0) (0)

Posted: Apr 8th, '18, 21:47    

Moi

Hugs: 339592
Mood: Know you're not alone.

You're welcome :3

>XD
I love to stand under neighboring windows in the darkness of night and compliment people :U

I've thought people were talking to me before and I responded and it was someone else they were talking to.
Then I wanted to shrink and run away u8

I kind of sway when I walk, so I don't really walk normally.
This one day I was walking (swaying), holding a soda can, talking to my dog and this random guy walking down the street was like "8u ...How are you, Ma'am?"
I guess maybe I looked...drunk. But I can't drink. I'm just naturally off. 8u

(0) (0)

"I'll miss the winter
A world of fragile things
Look for me in the white forest
Hiding in a hollow tree (come find me)
I know you hear me,
I can taste it in your tears."

Posted: Apr 8th, '18, 23:52    

Sanssouci

I hate when I think someone is talking or waving to me, and I talk or wave back, but they weren't! Or when someone does talk or wave to me, but I second guess myself, so I don't do anything, and then when I pass them by I realize I should have said hi or waved back.

My neighbor has been coming right up under my window lately. She's using my lawn as a bathroom for her dog even though she has plenty of her own lawn! I'm debating whether I have the guts to tell her to beat it!

A girl I didn't know came up to me in college once and asked if I was ok. It was like 15 years ago, and to this day, I still wonder what she thought was wrong with me lol! I do think I look like I am about to cry a lot though. I have allergies and really sensitive eyes, so I think my eyes might look like they're brimming with tears a lot. But they felt fine when she said that, so I don't know!

(0) (0)

[ 207 posts ]