.  15%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 33
 Post subject: Re: KofK Book Club [Daily-ish Poll!]
Posted: Aug 27th, '15, 21:57    

Mikael Hart

Hugs: 198770
Mood: Hugs are death squeezes.
Website: http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/mikael-hart/6844374/
Aha, all you have to do is talk about the book as you read it --I can still update the front page for y'all.

Oh, I always enjoy my favorites. I have a handful of books and anime that I reread and rewatch regularly. Although I may enjoy many different series to different degrees, there aren't too many that I would enjoy to the point of being called a "favorite" so when they make the list, they're precious to me.

Aha, make a new post! I might miss it otherwise.

Ooh, I see. D: I hope you feel better soon... feeling bad emotionally is no fun. XP

(0) (0)

Posted: Aug 28th, '15, 03:39    

VEE

Hugs: 25299
Mood: laughs in flowers
oh i agree i always enjoy my favorites as well! I will reread and re-watch and re-listen and replay FOR ALL ETERNITY

i enjoy new stuff too but hey i know what i like lol and i get very emotional about some things and they become very meaningful to me

yeahhhh feeling bad emotionally is basically the point of depression. :v sooo i know this and its okay and i can deal with it but yeah some days are better than others..

BUT RIGHT SO THE THIEF. I love gen i love gen i love gen . anytime anyone insults or hurts him i wish so badly i could reach through the pages and give him a hug.

i really like the scenery of the 'olive sea'. that is really neat to me. I could imagine it nicely, when I visited italy I saw quite a few gatherings of olive trees and that is such a nice setting and just. yeah i like it.

i also noticed that when they were sliding down the side of the cliff to get to that shelf, gen helps out sophos and once hes down, gen peaces out! i found it interesting that he only wanted to help sophos, and sophos is probably the most kind to gen out of them, but yeah.

i very much like the way megan turner describes things. I remember when gen was asleep and he woke up, and felt the 'powder soft' dirt under his nails. I have long nails and i know how different dirt feels under nails, so i found it neat that was described as powdered because i can picture it perfectly.

i was not happy when ambiades was a jerk to gen even though gen was being insulting (and a thief). its not like he did anything that bad to warrant that reaction from ambiades

i LOOOOVED when gen told sophos he was too nice to be a duke. and then he blushes !!! its the cutest thing ever i love gen and sophos . sophos is just this poor baby i want to hug him too.

i was kind of tired when i read chapter 8 so i might reread that cause i know it was pretty cool and its where gen was doing his thing ! but yeah im about to read nine sooo excited to see what happens!

(0) (0)
♢ they/them pronouns ♢
♦ possibly returning to kofk ♦

ITSA ME, THA VEE

♡♡ OC bbys ♡♡

Posted: Aug 28th, '15, 04:15    

Mikael Hart

*high-fives* Yeah, exactly!

Haha, yes, poor Gen.

Yeah, but Sophos is the most helpless of the group, yeah? The others seem more manageable when it comes to the outdoors.

Haha, yes, Sophos is very adorable [for lack of a better word]. He'd be the bestest baby bro.

Have fun! :D

(1) (0)

Posted: Aug 28th, '15, 05:34    

VEE

HEY EVERYONE. if you are interested in reading the Harry Potter series alongside mikael and I, you should definitely join us~ We are reading that as well. :D

sophos is definitely the most helpless but i can tell gen really likes him too lol. hes soooo adorable i want him in my life

i definitely read more than i was supposed to oops its close enough to midnight here im basically doing it right lol

(0) (0)
♢ they/them pronouns ♢

ITSA ME, THA VEE

♡♡ OC bbys ♡♡

Posted: Aug 28th, '15, 06:31    

Mikael Hart

Yep, we're currently on the first book, so come join us! The schedule's a lot more loose than the one for the Thief, so go nuts. XD

XD Yeah, well, he is the nicest to Gen, so. Fair enough. ;)

(0) (0)

Post subject: Re: KofK Book Club [The Thief // Harry Potter]
Posted: Aug 29th, '15, 17:46    

VEE

update:: aquired fablehaven, peter and the starcatchers, and the first three harry potter books. and also the queen of attoila

so i kind of finished the thief yesterday :mcheh:

i got way ahead one night and just couldnt put it down! it was soooo good. and the last chapter

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTT

i had no idea i didnt know at all omg

but before i go into that, some other things i liked/noticed. Gen is really smart!! he really does know what he is doing, i loved how he made the map for the temple to try and find a secret room.

the magus really started to grow on me in the later chapters and by the end, i really liked him. when he hugged gen, i was so happy !! awwww. then later sophos and the magus hold gen's hands and i was like ahhh sooo sweeeet

i like how they all cared about one another in the end. well . the magus sophos and gen, or eugenides anyways. pol was probably okay too

just in case someone is interested in reading this book, i dont want them to see big spoilers so

Spoiler: The Thief
WHAT THE HECK AMBIADES I KNEW I DIDNT LIKE YOU YOU LITTLE CREEP D< D< what a complete dickhole. )< i thought he would at least have some care towards sophos but nope i guess not. i mean i knew he wasnt great but idk . im mostly sad that pol went off too ): i was sooo sad i did not expect that at all!!

and wow it was so special when the magus was like 'nah hes just gonna hide dont worry about him' and then he just freaking fights all these dudes even though he doesnt want to, and we learn later about his distaste for swords and ahhhh eugenides is so so sweet what a precious baby <3 <3 even though he had his own reasons and was certainly a good thief and tricking everyone, he still developed a friendship with these people and cared about them and that is so rad!

i reallllly like the queen of eddis and i want sophos to marry her :v dont tell me anything lol . but yeah shes really great!!! i like her relationship with eugenides. the queen of attoila scares me :o im excited to read the next book!!

but also. mind blown. like the magus said, "gen, you viper". i cant believe he had so many secrets ahaa i really had no idea. (x

BUT UGH I JUST KNEW AMBIADES HAD TAKEN THE FOOD THAT ONE TIME I KNEW IT WASNT GEN UGH WHAT A DICK

im so mad at this guy -.- basically the reason pol is dead. ): i am v sad i liked pol. i mean. he was a good guy

this was a very enjoyable read, i loved the characters, i enjoyed her writing style, and lots of things surprised me !

(0) (0)
♢ they/them pronouns ♢

ITSA ME, THA VEE

♡♡ OC bbys ♡♡

Posted: Aug 30th, '15, 13:52    

featherquill

Hugs: 93710
Mood: Friendship is magic!
I love Harry Potter :mclove:

(0) (0)
Feather's Hangout Thread!: X
Feather's Selling Thread!: X
Feather's Buying Thread!: X

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Posted: Aug 30th, '15, 14:58    

VEE

wanna read it with us? :D

(0) (0)
♢ they/them pronouns ♢

ITSA ME, THA VEE

♡♡ OC bbys ♡♡

Posted: Aug 31st, '15, 01:08    

Mikael Hart

@Vee: Wth, I responded to your post, but for some reason, it's not here. *facepalm*

Lemme just say that I read your post and I enjoyed the series also. Most of the response was just ranting about how awesome Gen was anyways.

Shall we begin the Queen of Attolia tomorrow?

(0) (0)

Posted: Aug 31st, '15, 01:12    

VEE

oh no ): sorry your post got eaten. I would have liked to read it, even if it was just about gen because I LOVE HIM xDDD

yess I figured we were going to do that. (: I havent started it yet, I was waiting heh since I finished too fast

(0) (0)
♢ they/them pronouns ♢

ITSA ME, THA VEE

♡♡ OC bbys ♡♡

[ 150 posts ]