:mclove:  48%  [ 30 ]
:qh:  52%  [ 33 ]
Total votes : 63
 Post subject: Re: your first donation
Posted: Apr 20th, '17, 13:41    

chuunibyou

Hugs: 111992
Mood: spiritual
Poshi: The Euro is equivalent to almost 70 rupees, so in that sense it's pretty steep ;_; that doesn't stop me though :qt:
Oh my. That's practically around when KofK started, no? Like in 2008 was it just a forum with those Gaia-esque Knuffel or was it pretty developed then itself with avatars?

Lunch: I hope you're able to have your wishes on the site come true soon :mccute: wow, $500. This is the first site I've ever donated to and as of now it's the only one. Seeing as I'm not active on any other sites, either, it'll probably stay the only one- at least until I finish college (not only does college limit my time but it has blocks on most sites like this. Thank Grog it spared KofK.)

Hikari: Wow, you've been here since the beginning ;_; *jealous*
Lol especially nowadays, worrying about saving enough :food: for a :fc: would be very worrisome indeed ;_; I'm actually contributing to the inflation because I sell FC on the Marketplace with the starting bid at 32k but even though I set the time to just one day, it shoots up to 56k-60k. But then I wouldn't really be happy with getting it sold for 32k either when others are getting 60k for their FCs lol :mcheh: and plus I reaaaallllyyyy need the food to get a leg up on this site.

ArmyAunt: These past couple of months that I've just begun donating to KofK, I've spent most of my FCs on investing. But soon I'll spend most of them on MTs and TTs, too. I'm not gonna spend on previous gen Knuffel because oh my Grog, are they expensive. Instead I keep stalking Knufftropolis hoping someone will release theirs, in spite of the very low success rate I enjoy :mcheh:

Zorya: You did not ramble at all, sweetpea! I feel much the way you do! I really like contributing to KofK. And I buy in bulk packs as well! :qh:
I especially like doing so now that the donation meters are filled less and less each month :mcsad:

Akili: Doesn't it feel wonderful? :mccute: I'm happy you were able to donate, I know you've wanted to for a while now!
Family emergency... :mcsad: oh my. Hope it smoothed over.

(0) (0)
Come chat with me at my hangout thread!
Stroctoperry wrote:Because KofK trumps homework, for some reason.
Death Candy wrote:I just realized that "take out" means food, dating, and murder. And if you were a female praying mantis you'd have all three.
Akili Li wrote:People talk about bravery in these super dramatic terms like it only applies to soldiers going to war, but for all that I think true courage is found in the hard every day moments of social interaction and standing up for what you believe in even when it's not life-or-death, when it's instead a matter of approval-or-ostracization among people whose opinions you care about. That's harder, to my mind. That's an ongoing, you have to live with it forever thing, instead of one single moment that's the exception instead of the rule.

First fairy found 28th May 2015
Second fairy found 11th May 2017
Third fairy found 9th Jan 2024

Posted: Apr 20th, '17, 21:40    

CycloneKira

Hugs: 42761
Mood: I'm trying.
I haven't donated, ever :qsob: But I hope to someday! Until then, I'll harbor distant dreams of saving up enough :food: to buy myself some :fc: while actually spending it on Knuffel and Functionals.
Ambarsariya wrote:That's practically around when KofK started, no? Like in 2008 was it just a forum with those Gaia-esque Knuffel or was it pretty developed then itself with avatars?
Speaking of KofK history, I recently looked into the oldest announcements on this site and OMG. Turns out that the Hair 17 item was the result of a hairstyle drawing contest, the first contest hosted on KofK *adjusts nerd glasses*

(0) (0)
It's not over yet.
There's a lot to look forward to.
Keep going.
You can do this :)
Leonard Snart wrote:There are only four rules you have to remember: Make the plan, execute the plan, expect the plan to go off the rails, throw away the plan.
1st fairy - June 3rd, 12:06 AM IST

Posted: Apr 21st, '17, 09:27    

chuunibyou

I don't know if it's worth it to save up :food: to buy :fc: dude, :fc: are selling for 50k-70k :food: nowadays :mcgloom:

Well, Knuffel and functionals are both sound investments, so.

Ooooh.
I wish I could've been here since the beginning. I feel kind of maudlin about all those memories and experiences I missed out on.

(0) (0)
Death Candy wrote:I just realized that "take out" means food, dating, and murder. And if you were a female praying mantis you'd have all three.
Akili Li wrote:People talk about bravery in these super dramatic terms like it only applies to soldiers going to war, but for all that I think true courage is found in the hard every day moments of social interaction and standing up for what you believe in even when it's not life-or-death, when it's instead a matter of approval-or-ostracization among people whose opinions you care about. That's harder, to my mind. That's an ongoing, you have to live with it forever thing, instead of one single moment that's the exception instead of the rule.

Posted: May 15th, '17, 04:12    

light_sucks

Hugs: 165112
Mood: vaguely alive
i do not remember the first time I donated. lol. It must have been 8 years ago or more.

I do remember that I was really excited about getting the items that month. Also that not nearly as many items came out back then. lol.

(0) (0)
They/Them pronouns, please.

Call me Moss.

Posted: May 15th, '17, 07:05    

chuunibyou

I was really excited too, lol.

I wish it was still like that. With not so many items coming out, I mean. It feels more difficult now to keep up with the items you like :mcdead:

(0) (0)

Posted: May 16th, '17, 07:09    

light_sucks

Hugs: 165112
Mood: vaguely alive
I really do like all the items that are coming out. So pretty.

(0) (0)
They/Them pronouns, please.

Call me Moss.

Posted: May 16th, '17, 07:21    

mementomori

Hugs: 46326
Mood: sippin' mah moe~♥
I think I first donated 2 or 3 years ago? A lot of things I liked were dying because of no funding/interest (coughLivejournalcough) so I wanted to make sure Kofk lived.

I hope I have the resources to continue donating, but I'm moving for school and will have a very slim margin on my budget. Guess it depends on how much food I eat, lol.

(0) (0)
♥♥♥♥♥
Buying art! 10 FCs and 200k fps available!
♥♥♥♥♥

Posted: May 16th, '17, 07:26    

Lilyse

Hugs: 22895
i am a terrible jerk with my adblocker on most of the time, so i try to donate at least a fairy coin every month. :x i do turn off adblock sometimes, but i've had terrible trouble with malware-infected ads in the past, so i am super-wary when i am on my windows machine. :mcheh:

(0) (0)

Posted: May 16th, '17, 08:08    

chuunibyou

Light: IKR. And it's torture because I can't have them all.

Mori: I need KofK to live, too :qh: and my budget for donating isn't going to last either unfortunately. Oh well. We'll do the best we can. Don't compromise on food though lol. Of all things.

Lilyse: I keep my adblocker off because I find the ads on KofK seem to be ads by Google most of the time. I have that problem on a lot of other sites I go to, ones where I read manga or stream anime or kdrama, those popup kinds :mcargh: I use adblocker on all those sites but some sites won't stream unless you disable adblocker. It's so annoying, lol.

(0) (0)

Posted: May 16th, '17, 08:20    

Lilyse

Hugs: 22895
oh, google ads! :mchappy: i'll try leaving it off for a bit, then - the google ads aren't so bad... probably because google stalks me and knows what i prefer, but they still aren't that bad. :mcheh:

and yes, the sites that disable adblock are frustrating - i was a fan of reading the mary sue, but their ads were so terrible that my browser kept freezing, and they started requiring no adblock, so i had to give it up. :mcsweat: i wish more sites chose text-only ads, honestly, but google ads at least aren't usually flashing...

(0) (0)

[ 35 posts ]