No  4%  [ 3 ]
Sometimes  37%  [ 25 ]
Penguin  16%  [ 11 ]
Total votes : 68
 Post subject: Re: Socially Awkward Club
Posted: Dec 4th, '17, 01:30    

Sanssouci

Hugs: 81240
I eat a fair amount of cashews. I just found out a couple years ago that I am peanut intolerant.

My skin is bad no matter what I eat! I don't mind though. I mean, I don't love it. But both of my parent's faces are covered in acne scars. So I've always kind of felt like I got off easy!

What's it look like? I was just looking at a comforter with foxes on it.

(0) (0)

Posted: Dec 4th, '17, 02:00    

Vivacity

Hugs: 9149
Mood: job hunting is stressful
Twitter: asteribus
It's blue trees that are darker at the bottom and get lighter as you got up until it's a white/cream color at the top! Fits the whole vibe of my room so I like it. This means that I now have 3 blankets to sleep under because I'm very scared of my first real winter!

The next thing I need to do is go clothes shopping since all of my clothes are suited more for SoCal, warm weather, but first I need a job so I have money to pay for them hehe. I really hope I hear back from some of the places I interviewed at soon...

My brother and sister always have lot of acne, especially my sister when she gets stressed out, so I'm just an anomaly in my family. :P

(0) (0)
"Night is longer than day for those who dream and day is longer than night for those who make their dreams comes true." --Jack Kerouac

ImageImage

Posted: Dec 4th, '17, 03:07    

Sanssouci

I sleep in socks, two pairs of pajama pants, 2-3 long sleeved shirts, a hat, sometimes gloves, under 3 or 4 blankets!

(0) (0)

Posted: Dec 5th, '17, 07:43    

Vivacity

Oh my! Now I'm quite a bit worried! I do have some fuzzy socks so I'm getting there at least. :mcheh:

(0) (0)
"Night is longer than day for those who dream and day is longer than night for those who make their dreams comes true." --Jack Kerouac

ImageImage

Posted: Dec 5th, '17, 16:05    

Sanssouci

I got a hand me down North Face hoody jacket. It's so warm, and it has a hood that I can pull over my head and half my face too. Last night I slept with that, a tank top, and a 3/4 sleeve shirt and was still warm!

I've been sick for over a week now. I'm so sick of it. And now for added fun, the hospital is saying they are going to send me a bill for over $4,000 for my surgery even though my surgery is covered because they coded it wrong. Like.... then fix it so that it's coded correctly.... you know!?

(0) (0)

Posted: Dec 5th, '17, 23:17    

Vivacity

Oh hey I should get myself one of those jackets too hehe...

Oh man I hate insurance problems. It took months for the insurance for my most recent hospital stay and doctor visits to get sorted out...They messed up because I was doubly insured (I was covered by my school insurance and my mom's insurance, but the school insurance was far superior) and took the wrong insurance...Finally about a month ago they figured it out (with the help of my mom) and I just had to pay the normal $125 copay. Still, in my case I still would have only paid $800...I've never dealt with a situation where I possibly had to pay $4,000. :mccry: I really hope they get that sorted out soon!

And I hope you get better soon! Being sick is no fun bleh.

Haha now that we've been talking about insurance I need to go research more about it and sign up since I'm a big bad grown-up adult now! My mom's insurance doesn't work for my anymore since I'm across the country from her.

(0) (0)

ImageImage

Posted: Dec 5th, '17, 23:35    

Moi

Hugs: 339125
Mood: Know you're not alone.

Sanssouci: I'd love a treadmill xD If you can, you could always got to a store and just walk around for exercise 8u
I know you're not an old person, but a lot of elderly people here go for walks in the mall just to get exercise.

I love nuts.
But they're expensive here.
And I'm cheapass, so maybe it's not as bad for others xD;

I don't care for rice, really.
My dad asked me "What kind of Mexican are you >8u" when I didn't want the rice he made xD

I'm always hot, so I don't usually have many warm clothes.
I often sleep in a tank top and shorts, no matter what weather.

I need dental insurance so bad, but I can't get any.
The insurance I have covers my doctor checkups, medication and vision.
I need those, but I need dental so bad =~=

(0) (0)

"I'll miss the winter
A world of fragile things
Look for me in the white forest
Hiding in a hollow tree (come find me)
I know you hear me,
I can taste it in your tears."

Posted: Dec 5th, '17, 23:47    

Vivacity

Oh man Moi I totally forgot about dental insurance...I'm going to need that sometime soon too since I should probably get a checkup/cleaning soon! Plus, I've been actually been pretty good about flossing for once, so I kinda want to show that off hehe. XD

Also, speaking of rice, I just finished my bowl of rice just now! Do you not like all rice Moi or just some types? I sorta like brown rice but I sorta don't (even though it's better for you and stuff), so this time when I went to the grocery store I was actually secretly happy that they didn't have brown rice so I could get my jasmine rice without feeling guilty...

(0) (0)

ImageImage

Posted: Dec 6th, '17, 00:15    

Sanssouci

I haven't had real, proper, full insurance ever since I got off my father's insurance when I was 21. I'm 34 now. All I have is the Family Planning Benefits Program, which covers literally only reproductive tract stuff. Luckily, my surgery was for a bad spot in my lady parts, so it's covered. But of course they're not making it easy!

My knees hurt really bad, but I'm not about to go to a doctor for that because I can see that being awfully expensive!

And I have two more wisdom teeth that need to come out, but I will wait until it's practically an emergency before I go in for that too.

Healthcare in this country drives me nuts!

I'm cheap too! And I can't eat peanuts, which stinks because they're cheaper and easier to find. I get cashews from Aldi though. They're like half the price of cashews at other places around here!

I'm not really into brown rice either. I know I should eat it, but bleh... lol.

(0) (0)

Posted: Dec 6th, '17, 04:32    

ashabellanar

Hugs: 44950
Mood: Boondocks
Hope y'all don't mind if I rewind the conversation a bit.. someone mentioned a farmer's market... yes... they are... the BEST.
Where I live, there are Hutterites and Mennonites that regularly fill up the market with delicious vegetables. Last year, my mother and I spent about a hundred dollars on onions, garlics, cucumbers, peas, and carrots. We made pickles with their ingredients (they gave us free dill sprigs for buying cucumbers, lol) and they were sooo good.
Sorry to just ramble on but I am so excited for next year's market. It's one of the few boons about living in my area.

(0) (0)

[ 207 posts ]