Here's an option.  52%  [ 17 ]
Here's another option.  48%  [ 16 ]
Total votes : 33
 Post subject: Re: Summer of 2021 Event Thread
Posted: Jul 19th, '21, 05:43    

LunaXO

Hugs: 42496
Mood: trying to get back into it!
ohh boy i knew i would mess up on buying items :c accidently bought all the female hairs x2 instead of the hair and eyes
if anyone wants to trade a set of eyes for female hair let me know xD

(0) (0)
My Knuffel Hunt <3 Will buy any on this list

Posted: Jul 19th, '21, 05:52    

Hotarla

Hugs: 106789
and THAT is why I save til I get enough to get the entire set lol.
Besides, shouldn't it TELL you that you've already bought that item? it would say something like "You already own this item" at the side, on top of where the colors are. xD;;

(0) (0)
Selling Wild Knuffel, Dig and Event Items Here!

Posted: Jul 19th, '21, 05:57    

LunaXO

Hugs: 42496
Mood: trying to get back into it!
yes! but im so tired i didn't even notice it :c silly mistake on my end

(0) (0)
My Knuffel Hunt <3 Will buy any on this list

Posted: Jul 19th, '21, 06:01    

Hotarla

loooool well lets hope it doesn't happen again. XD you can try to get a second set to sell off after the event......C:

(0) (0)

Posted: Jul 19th, '21, 06:57    

Kuuki

Hugs: 291315
Hotarla wrote:Moi: yeah like it cools down during the night here? i mean, it could still be pretty hot sometimes but not as hot as in the day, when the sun is out.

Kuuki: yeah i hear its like a virtual thing...? or was i wrong and they're still gonna perform but without spectators? i dunno.
Yeah I was hearing on the news that it went to an all time high this week, like over 1k people and I'm like "well we're already down to around 100 something in our province per day sooooooo......" And I just got my second dose today so I'm considered fully vaccinated. Whoo. Now to be numb for a few days lol.
We've been getting 28 and up C temps as well here. And yeah, I can't bear it lol. and when its one of those just rained days, the humidity just goes up and i'm just UGH.
sucks they cancelled the torch event, that's like.......a pretty big thing lol.
They're still going to perform, everyone is there already (and breaking the rules/quarantine, going drinking, being on dating apps, travelling to other prefectures, having parties). Just without spectators.
(And I have just heard of a new probable cluster at the Olympic village AHAHA)

Actually we had 2k just before the New Year (and then it went down because clinics were closed XD) and even so, that's just Tokyo. It's not going to go better anytime soon though so I'll just stay inside with my trusted friend the AC while waiting to get my second shot. Husband is getting his this week.

Talking about it, aren't you supposed to wait for two weeks after the second shot to be considered fully vaccinated?

(0) (0)
Life in Japan and more at MARCH STORY

Posted: Jul 19th, '21, 10:50    

Gwendolyn Quincy

Hugs: 25115
Well I made it to the top ten. Don't think I'll be there long, but I made it.

(0) (0)

Posted: Jul 19th, '21, 17:59    

Hotarla

I WAS in the top 10 but I keep forgetting about the time limit and throwing another balloon lol.

Kuuki: Hah well what do you expect? After all this is the Olympics we’re talking about and they only come every few years aaaand you have to be chosen as the hosting country. Of course they’re gonna make a big deal with it, even with a pandemic under way.

Wow 2k. Not surprised tbh. The States was pretty bad at one point and I still don’t agree with them relaxing border protocols with Canada because Americans seem to think that the pandemic is a joke. No offence to Americans. But American are getting antsy and want to come over the border and tourism has taken a big hit and I’m just like thinking “Go awayyyy.”

Yes I believe so. But I got my first shot like in May or something? I don’t remember but it’s been longer than 2 weeks. They had scheduled my second appointment for September but my sister is apparently going on vacation with a bunch of friends in august so she needs to be fully vaccinated. So I had to tag along to get all my shots lol.

(0) (0)

Posted: Jul 19th, '21, 23:20    

Kuuki

Hugs: 291315
I'm fine with making a big fuss about the Olympics. I'm a lot less fine about people involved routinely breaking both local rules (well OK not rules but very strong demands) AND pretty much the whole of special Olympic rules they were supposed to have agreed to before coming.
Especially since we've been under a state of emergency pretty much for the whole year already, it's only making things worse for everyone. I would rather not get covid again thank you (and honestly going out right now as a foreigner is awful, I feel watched all the time and there's already reports of people having a hard time with the police. And I'm lucky to be a white girl with a husband working in the media, I'd shake them off pretty easily, I've seen them with east-asian people and they just don't give up)

Aha is it strange that I can almost 100% identify Americans walking around? XD
But yeah I see what you mean, I'm French and I see my friends/family happily crossing borders for vacation and I'm wondering if they're stupid or just so self centered they don't see the problem.

From what I gather, the official timeline is (or at least for Moderna, which is what I'm getting), you get the first shot, you wait four weeks, you get your second shot and you're considered fully vaccinated two weeks after that second shot. Which is a timeline followed VERY carefully by Japan (or at least my local government) because I didn't even have a choice for my second appointment, it's EXACTLY 28 days after my first shot, down to the hour.

(0) (0)
Life in Japan and more at MARCH STORY

Posted: Jul 20th, '21, 01:20    

Hotarla

Again? You got it before? D:

No? I suppose they're the more obvious offenders lol.
And right? Like there's this whole Alaskan tourist agreement or something and America just wants us to open our borders again for tourism or they'd do something about that trade/tourist agreement between Canada and Alaska because originally, for all cruises to Alaska and cruises only open for like a few months a year, they have to stop by Canada but now they're not allowed because of covid and Americans are getting antsy and want to go on vacation and relaxing travel restrictions and its just UGH. Because if Americans stop stopping by Canada on the way to Alaska, there's a loooooot of tourism profit taken away and America is essentially threatening Canada like "Hey, if you don't relax your travel restrictions, then we'll stop stopping in Canada on the way to Alaska and bye by profit."

So YEAH, I really don't like how America is handling this with this veiled threat.

Ah we have Moderna here as well. We also had Pfizer and there was a point where there wasn't enough Pfizer and the government was all "Well you can mix Moderna as the second dose because its essentially the same" and some people did that and there was this couple who wanted to go on a honeymoon somewhere but were denied because they had mixed doses and Canada's been saying its perfectly safe to mix doses because they're all mRNA or something but then you get cases like this where you're not considered fully vaccinated if you mix doses......xD;; its just a big headache all around lol.

(0) (0)

Posted: Jul 20th, '21, 02:21    

Moi

Hugs: 338443
Mood: Know you're not alone.

I was able to buy my first round of all the items. Trying to get extras 8u

Gwendolyn Quincy: I was number 1 at the beginning. I was like "YAY 8D In a few hours I'll be at the bottom xD" and I was correct 8u

00Luna: I tried to respond to your message, but can't. Do you have PMs turned off?

Also, new summer wild knuffel all drawn and now I gotta color them. I'm pretty excited about this one u8

(0) (0)

"I'll miss the winter
A world of fragile things
Look for me in the white forest
Hiding in a hollow tree (come find me)
I know you hear me,
I can taste it in your tears."

[ 185 posts ]