pink  20%  [ 14 ]
other (pls specify)  7%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 71
 Post subject: Re: Chit Chat Chitty Chitty Chit Chat
Posted: Jan 21st, '18, 20:51    

Her Ugliness

Hugs: 32709
Mood: ⊙﹏⊙
You have some big plans there! I wish I had the money for big projects like this, but it's really not an option at the moment. Actually not even a small one right now. Maybe some day.
Did you already pick an artist? I think finding an artist is the hardest part. It's not like there aren't many awesome artists out there, but sometimes you have something in mind where one style might work with one artist you love, but not another one you also like. You know what I mean? I had a great artist tattoo my pets, but I don't really see his style working out for the cocobo for example.
And then, most of the time, most artists I like live in other countries. Unfortunately I don't think Germany has many great artists to offer. Or maybe that's not true - There are certainly many great tattoo artists here too, but not many that have styles that I like. Sometims I can admire a piece of work and see that it's well done. And I like it, it's just not something I would get myself. Like your valkyrie - It's awesome and I enjoy looking at it, but traditional style is not something I see getting for myself. The same goes for example for realistic tattoos. Some look awesome, but I would never get one myself.
And then of course there is the problem of actually getting an appointment. Especially if the artis is picky about his motives and might reject your idea. :qsob:

(0) (0)

Posted: Jan 21st, '18, 21:00    

Demareth

Hugs: 31200
Mood: tired
Go big or go home? I dont have the money thats why i need a sugar daddy. To but me tattoos and makeup. One day, i can dream.

Oh yeah no People who dont get tattoos have no idea how precise it actually is. And there are like an infinite amount of styles to choose from! And they all carry really different moods that would effect the subject matter.
I think I know who I'd want to get the gorgon tattoo from but I have nooo idea for the back piece. I haven't even drawn it yet so I'll have to wait to start thinking about the style until the idea is more fleshed out yaknow?
And i think all of my tattoos have that (traditional) style. Idk the bold outlines one im pretty sure that's traditional. And I wanna branch out and have all kinds of styles. Like I know I want a watercolour one at some point but idk what design?

I'm just that really really weird hippy dippy artist who considers my body to be art so I want to fill that canvas you know? And I have a lot of plans but they're like, for the rest of my life plans. eh

(0) (0)
OwO
ImageImageImage
Please feed my children
ImageImageImage

Posted: Jan 22nd, '18, 01:18    

lunar_eclipse66

Hugs: 77955
Mood: I can hear the wires pullin'
I would love to get a tattoo, but I'm such a wuss about pain. It doesn't help that i'm picky so i would take months to choose what I wanted and the artist.

(0) (0)
Real talk for a moment: Can we Go back to that month that Pokemon Go was released. Everyone was so happy and the only people down my throat were old men at work who complained about a cell phone app kids were playing. Can we have that? Please.
I have a hangout now but its rather lonely. Wanna come in and read a story?
We're All a Little Bit Insane Inside...
I'm an artwhore: x-broken-wish-x Silly Chu

Posted: Jan 22nd, '18, 01:26    

Demareth

Oh no I am the biggest wuss about pain XD
Im just baaaaarely stubborn enough to be able to get through a tattoo

Honestly that's the best course of action. I have a rule that I need to want a tattoo for at least longer than two months before im allowed to get it. And then and only then can i REALLY get into the looking around for an artist and whatnot.

(0) (0)
OwO
ImageImageImage
Please feed my children
ImageImageImage

Posted: Jan 22nd, '18, 01:42    

lunar_eclipse66

That makes sense since its gonna be on you forever

(0) (0)
Real talk for a moment: Can we Go back to that month that Pokemon Go was released. Everyone was so happy and the only people down my throat were old men at work who complained about a cell phone app kids were playing. Can we have that? Please.

Posted: Jan 22nd, '18, 01:52    

Demareth

Yeah and that's exactly why it's worth paying extra for a good artist. Don't skimp on your tattoos kids.

(0) (0)
OwO
ImageImageImage
Please feed my children
ImageImageImage

Posted: Jan 22nd, '18, 03:13    

lunar_eclipse66

I used to know a couple of good artists in the town I went to College, but I don't know anyone in the area I live in now.

Also on a side note. I hate job applications. They are so frustrating.

(0) (0)

Posted: Jan 22nd, '18, 12:19    

Her Ugliness

I think wanting a tattoo for at least two months isn't all that long. :mcheh: I had the idea for most of my tattoos for years before I got them - But then again I would also get one after just two months if it wouldn't take years to save up the money and find the right artist (and actually get an appointment).

I don't really think tattoos hurt mich by the way, at least not on many locations. It's unpleasant, but if I have to pick between having period cramps and getting a tattoo, getting a tattoo seems like a piece of cake. The only thing that makes it really hurtful is if you have a bigger piece done and it takes a couple of hours and your skin is alreday a wound and painful just to touch after a while. Then having the artist tattoo over the painful area is what is making the whole experience painful. But having the artist tattoo over fresh skin isn't really painful in most locations in my experience. But I know that people have different pain treshhold levels, so everyone might feel different about this.

(0) (0)

Posted: Jan 22nd, '18, 15:37    

Demareth

I agree but that seemed like a doable time frame for myself lolol.
They aren't nearly as bad as one would think. I have an intense needle phobia too and its completely different.

I rank tha pain from least to most as
linework
shading
highlight

shading hurts waaayyy less than linework at the start but when they're going over and over the same spot its hellacious.
And then the white no matter what is most painful cause its often linework on top of shading and my god.

and again im very bad at pain XD
My smallest tattoo is actually the one that was most excruciating (the one on my wrist 2/10 am not recommending)

(0) (0)
OwO
ImageImageImage
Please feed my children
ImageImageImage

Posted: Jan 22nd, '18, 16:56    

Her Ugliness

I agree, tattooing and needles seem like two completely different things to me.

I think the reason why it's linework > shading > highlight for the pain level is mostly because that's the order the they are done in and it just hurts more the more time passes as the skin is already raw. I think if an artists started with highlihts (which of course is not possible) that would be the thing to hurt the less.

I don't have a wrist tattoo, but i imagine this to be one of the more painful area. Same like ribcage or collarbones. People say feet are also very painful, but somehow that's one of the places where I don't imagine it to hurt all that bad.

(0) (0)

[ 218 posts ]