Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 518 posts ] 
 Post subject: Re: Hogwarts: A Hangout
Posted: Oct 25th, '18, 18:05    

DragonCryings

Hugs: 9764
For some reason, I could never bring myself to like Severus even after it was revealed that he was on the good side.

My sister bet while she was reading the second book that he would be good, and she actually guessed right. She got right that Draco would turn page as well. She likes Serverus as well.

It is funny how none of us mentioned Potter hahaha. I do like Ron too btw, he's been always down to earth for me.

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 25th, '18, 18:20    

Popodoki

Hugs: 113316
Mood: #TFnation23
I love how Snape's written, to me he's excellent proof that the good guys aren't always good guys.

He's on the good side as is revealed, with a whole theatrical backstory reveal etc
but it doesn't change the fact that he's an utter vindictive prick who delights in bullying children. And I love that about him c':

I also guessed it early on, same with Draco :P

And Ronald, he's just so real to me. don't know how to really explain it but its also in how he's written. His fears, motivations and actions are all so real for a poor kid with lots of siblings and dealing with life and such. I think JKR did a great job making him a multifaceted character.

(0) (0)

♥ Stefanie | 31 | infj | ace ♥
♥ Talk abt Transformers | Lolita fashion with me ♥

Posted: Oct 25th, '18, 19:12    

DragonCryings

I absolutely agree. All characters have more than 1 dimension and she's done a wonderful job exploiting all those dimensions.

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 25th, '18, 19:16    

Popodoki

I love how they fight sometimes, and do things that can actually as a reader really frustrate you, or that you don't agree with or think 'thats so stupid why are you doing this?' cause that makes them real people c':

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 25th, '18, 19:30    

DragonCryings

What is the most frustrating passage you can remember?

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 25th, '18, 19:47    

Popodoki

The one that I can recall now is in Goblet of Fire, when Ron and Harry cannot seem to be able to properly communicate c':

when I first read it I was so frustrated that those 2 guys who had already been through so much together couldn't seem to find the time to sit down and TALK about how Harry really didn't put his name in the goblet behind Ron's back and how he feels about all the fame etc. And Ron never explains his reasoning and real feelings behind his 'sudden' jealousy. Looking back its perfect cause they're teens and angsty and arguments that start and drag on just because there's a lack of communication is just...real.

The two sides of the fame coin and how their respective backgrounds and life reflects on their feelings about it, I love the difference in perspective and the very realistic way they deal with them. Their friendship isn't perfect! They have a big ugly fight with petty comments and hurftul feelings and I love it c':

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 25th, '18, 23:28    

DragonCryings

Omg, me too. I thougt that was one of the most frustrating parts as well :qsq:

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 26th, '18, 06:20    

MissNikki

Hugs: 107997
Mood: Tired. Always tired.
God I just love them ALL so much LoL :mcheh:

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 26th, '18, 14:53    

Popodoki

I look at characters from multiple views, so I can honestly say I only ever dislike a character when they are badly written or very flat/superficial and I can't relate to them at all.

which leads me to even like Umbridge to the sheer confusion of other Potterheads I hang out with sometimes haha

I even have her wand on its own display and I can honestly say I love her wand design. And her wardrobe is #aesthethic ok

(1) (0)

Posted: Oct 26th, '18, 18:56    

DragonCryings

I can totally understand the fact of liking because she really is a well made character. The fact that I hate her that much, just shows that she is real and well made, but I would not say I like her personality hahaha, her character, but not personality :qd:

(0) (0)

[ 518 posts ]