Yes  43%  [ 19 ]
No  57%  [ 25 ]
Total votes : 44
 Post subject: Re: The 2019 Reading Challenge
Posted: Oct 12th, '19, 10:06    

LittleJulez

Hugs: 196576
Mood: happy :)
But deleting a book feels very satisfying, at least to me. Feels like one is getting some cleaning up done :D

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 12th, '19, 12:09    

jacobgrey

Hugs: 136330
Mood: (◡‿◡)
I would like to have read it first before I delete it XD Also I get really annoyed that on Kindle, you can't actually totally delete a book. You can delete the download from your device, but you can't get rid of it from your overall library. Very annoying when you're trying to figure out what to read next. I have to mark the books I didn't finish as read even though I haven't.

Anyway, I deleted that one after about ten chapters because I couldn't take it anymore haha. I might stick to an author that I already know and like next.
In physical books, I've started reading the first Rebus book by Ian Rankin. Not sure I'm a fan of his style yet, it's very blokey. Which would explain why my dad likes him so much. I'll finish this one and read book two to give it a fair go, since I already have them, and then decide whether to read the rest. They're not too long, which is a bonus at least.

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
First fairy 8.4.15; 2nd 7.6.17
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: Oct 12th, '19, 19:11    

AliceON

Hugs: 104933
LittleJulez wrote:But deleting a book feels very satisfying, at least to me. Feels like one is getting some cleaning up done :D
never thought of it like that but it makes sense. maybe I should go through my downloads and see what I'm no longer interested in... though I don't have that many anyway.

...how many do I have, anyway? :mcconf:

jacobgrey wrote:I get really annoyed that on Kindle, you can't actually totally delete a book. You can delete the download from your device, but you can't get rid of it from your overall library.
same problem on apple books. very annoying, especially with dnfs. the app suggests next reads but it doesn't know that I didn't like my dnfs because I don't rate them, so it bases the suggestions taking them in positive consideration. and since I can't erase them out of the could's memory either, there's no workaround.

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 13th, '19, 09:35    

LittleJulez

Haha yea you should give it a go! I haven't deleted any of my books yet, but I have dropped only one so far.

And that is indeed super annoying that you can't really delete it from your library!

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 13th, '19, 16:05    

jacobgrey

Yes I hate getting recommendations like that. Also recommendations for books by authors where I haven't got around to reading the first one yet. I don't know if I like them or not yet XD

I have been trying to read lesbian romances because I enjoy gay romances so I figured I would like those too. Turns out, not at all. It's weird. I guess there are storytelling conventions which come with each genre, and the ones I like just don't seem to be present in lesbian stories? Idk. I figured romance is romance is romance but apparently not.
The last one I tried was describing sex as "the bedroom tango", not even in a funny or ironic way or anything, and I had to stop there XD

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: Oct 13th, '19, 18:23    

Sanssouci

Hugs: 81175
Haha, bedroom tango. I have been reading a lot of romance lately, and sometimes I giggle or roll my eyes a bit at stuff like that, although I don't think I have come across anything as bad as bedroom tango yet!

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 14th, '19, 09:08    

LittleJulez

Haha yea I see why you stopped reading with "bedroom tango" xD

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 14th, '19, 12:54    

jacobgrey

The character was an adult as well so it was just so... random and out of character XD like maybe the person who wrote it is actually a teenager trying to guess how adults think.

Now I'm reading a book with a very weird premise. There's a couple who are just in their early twenties, and one of them dies and gets reincarnated into a baby but can still remember anything. Then they have to wait 20+ years to grow up before they can track down their lover again to try and be with them. It's all very strange XD

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
My books ~*~ My magazine

Posted: Oct 15th, '19, 19:23    

LittleJulez

Haha maybe!

Amazing that you are already reading the next book!

And it sounds super strange, indeed :mcheh:

(0) (0)

Posted: Oct 15th, '19, 23:06    

jacobgrey

I try to read at least a chapter every day, so there was no point waiting around haha.

Also! This is big: I finally got back on track to where I only need to read one book a week for the rest of the year to hit my goal! Get through a couple of short ones and I should be fine.
To think that last year I was done in November. What a different year it's been.

(0) (0)
SELLING OLD FP SETS
My books ~*~ My magazine

[ 462 posts ]