Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 63 posts ] 
 Post subject: Re: Not Just Avatars
Posted: Mar 24th, '10, 02:20    

Klofy

Hugs: 2514
Mood: ❀◕ ‿ ◕❀
Some mods on Gaiaonline and some other sites I've been on don't act like they are regular users, they act more like computers to me. I've been a mod for a charity on Gaia, and it was completely different. I'm shocked that users on KofK have to be reminded that we are all human beings behind the avatars. This never happened on any sites I've been on. But thank you for reminding us about this.

(0) (0)

Posted: Mar 24th, '10, 03:14    

Rzx282

Hugs: 6976
It's sad that something so blatantly obvious needs to be made as an announcement. But yeah, I've seen users treat others like crap for no reason, both here and on other sites like Gaia.

If someone treats me or a friend like that, I try to get them to stop. I tell them that there's a real person behind the pixels in front of them. Most of them seem to just continue to treat us like crap, and some even get harsher. Some of them have even told me directly (this is a quote, minus censors) "grow the f*** up" or "life's a b****", and most seem to act like that to everyone because that's how they're treated.

I think the main problem is because it's near impossible to break the cycle once it starts. Someone treats one person like crap over and over, eventually that person acts the same to someone else, and it continues. Some people think that being rude is easy. It's not, you go out of your way to pick out specific people to mistreat. It's a lot easier to just be nice.

And I'm gonna end there, cause I've already typed too much >>;; Btw, Firn, do you mind if I use the first part of your post in my signature on Gaia, cause so many people there seem to forget it.

(0) (0)

Posted: Mar 24th, '10, 03:34    

Klofy

Hugs: 2514
Mood: ❀◕ ‿ ◕❀
Rzx282 wrote:
I think the main problem is because it's near impossible to break the cycle once it starts. Someone treats one person like crap over and over, eventually that person acts the same to someone else, and it continues. Some people think that being rude is easy. It's not, you go out of your way to pick out specific people to mistreat. It's a lot easier to just be nice.

I know exactly what you mean. That's what makes it hard to stop bullies from, well, bullying.

(0) (0)

Posted: Mar 24th, '10, 03:58    

Aka Hime

Hugs: 7517
Mood: In the mood for creativity!
I think its very disrespectful treating people like that, I hope that those people can change cause we wont be a real community if we treat lowly of people.

(0) (0)
ImageImage
ImageImage

Posted: Mar 24th, '10, 07:36    

Kurai9Angel

Hugs: 138567
Mood: Overwhelmed by my knuffel *x*;
Yahoo Messenger: Kurai9Angel
*is in shock* just the other day I was commenting how on this site the mods and everyone that runs it is much better than any other place I've seen.... I'm surprised to see something come out just as fresh as the topic of you all being great was discussed. I'm sorry that it had to be mentioned but for the record you all are teh best set of mods/owners/users I've ever had the pleasure of meeting.

(0) (0)

Posted: Mar 24th, '10, 08:00    

Rosamond

Hugs: 99391
Mood: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Agriimony wrote:
I've been seeing a lot of rudeness towards the Mods.
And towards other users.
But I never say anything about it because I don't see a point.
If I point out to someone that they're being unnecessarily rude, then their ignorance gets turned on me.
With my temper, I don't need that. I know what I can handle, I guess.

But I do know that being disrespectful to staff is a no-no, and you can be warned for it.
So why do people actually come out and say such things? .-.
Even if I don't like a Mod or what they said, I wouldn't say something mean to them about it, you know?
That only puts a strike against me.

Same here. I've noticed it too but like you've said there's no point calling them out on it. People who are being rude know they are being rude. Everyone is not going to be nice to each other but people shouldn't have to put up with being called names, especially mods. If you don't like someone then it's easier not to talk to them or about them.

(0) (0)

Posted: Mar 24th, '10, 09:57    

Knuffel Moderator
Ziaheart

Hugs: 133918
Mood: *fingers crossed*
Rosamond wrote:If you don't like someone then it's easier not to talk to them or about them.
I couldn't agree more. I usually put people who get on my nerves on my ignore list and just... ignore them. Last time I tried to converse with one of those people resulted in a pissing match. I'm not doing that again. I'll just go on ignoring (not to say I'll let them get away with things on my watch).

(0) (0)
I have a material trading thread that lists all the mats that I own. I can help you with the quantity, but please don't make me go through it myself to figure out which of the mats you need are in my possession.

Posted: Mar 24th, '10, 11:04    

Serendair

Hugs: 22796
CharstarWishes wrote:I am sure there are countless times when people have let things roll off their back and nothing was said.
I do think threads like this are why this site stands above the rest.
A friendly reminder here and there gets things out in the open and helps things not fester.
People here feel that they are able to share with all the users here.
The staff are open and accessible to us all!
That is such a rarity on the internet.
I know more about some of you guys from around the world than I do with my own neighbors around the corner. Considering how many different cultures and personalities there are out there. I think we are blessed to have such a diverse community here!

very well said, Charstar "mchappy"

(0) (0)

Posted: Mar 24th, '10, 14:50    

Aylin

Hugs: 24207
Mood: off I go
Wow... I didn't know that there was such a problem... o__o
It's really sad that there must be a reminder about that... u_u
But I guess there must be a problem, it can't just be all perfect... x_x
I hope it will get better soon!

(0) (0)