Ambivert??  38%  [ 15 ]
Total votes : 40
 Post subject: Re: A Home For Shadows
Posted: May 23rd, '14, 01:18    

meg1124

Hugs: 4590
@Shadow
Thank you for your welcome!!
And yeah for me there is just something about traveling and experiencing new things first hand that just won't leave me alone. I'm a travel addict and I fully admit it...

@Twitch
Thank you for your support! I can't tell you how much it means to me. I always get worried when I bring up the subject because the reaction can go to both ends of the spectrum. Some find it fascinating and wish me luck...while others think I'm quite strange.
I think most of the negative views come from my choice to possibly go to South Korea. The subject came up in a conversation around my best friend (who is supportive) and my other friend who I had just told...She basically told me that I was a freak and asked me why I couldn't go to a normal country like everyone else...I don't know what she meant by that but needless to say, were not friends anymore...

(0) (0)
PLEASE GO VISIT MY POKEFARM AND CLICK PLEASE

Link:http://pfq.me/~b

Posted: May 23rd, '14, 01:55    

LieutenantTwitch

Hugs: 2369
Mood: Every day is a chance for a new start.
    No problem, Meg! I never understood why people try to shoot down the goals of others. It's one thing if they're just worried and warning you about the possible dangers or something like that, but flat out saying that you're a freak? That's just mean. D: I mean, the idea of going to a foreign country to teach English isn't my cup of tea, but I think it's awesome for people who enjoy that kind of thing.

Also, it's no fun if everyone goes to the same place! I am curious, though - why South Korea? What draws you there?

(0) (0)

'It doesn't happen all at once,' said the Skin Horse. 'You become. It takes a long time. That's why it doesn't happen often to people who break easily, or have sharp edges, or who have to be carefully kept.
Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby.
But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand.'

Color Me Happy (An LGBTQIA hangout) - come check it out!

Posted: May 23rd, '14, 01:59    

Whimsical

Hugs: 6683
Softly in my disappearing heart, a dream is shining...

So many posts! Sorry, I went to take a nap xD

Meg
    There are like a bazillion to choose from though, haha. I love the variety we get <3 On gaia, they have weird colors like "lightcoral" and it's a pain to remember them all? So that's why I like how KofK has it on the side there :P

Anyway wow that's pretty awesome already! o: I've only ever been around the east coast of the US and China when I was a little girl xD I want to visit Italy though! I've been studying the language since 6th grade and I've always been fascinated by the culture <3

But continuing, it's totally ok! xD I love hearing about other people's aspirations. Do you listen to K-Pop/J-Pop by any chance, since you're pretty interested in their respective countries? o:

And congrats on your grades!! 8D That's amazing!

Shadorilia
    Thank you! Haha, I often change my name a lot but I have a feeling that I'll definitely stick to this one x3 It speaks to my heart :P yours seems really nice though, like.. it's pretty to look at if that makes sense? o uo;

Oh wow you only started months ago? o: That's pretty awesome for that time period! I started recently too (like a year ago?) so maybe we can progress together 8'D I totally feel you about the talented ppl though. I watch a couple on dA and their stuff is sooo drool-worthy ;w; I want my art to look like that someday!

LT
    Oh physics x-x I'm taking that now and it's really hard for me, lol. But anyway, the test was a college-board administered test so I doubt I'll get curves or a re-test o_o would be awesome if I did, lmao.

Anyway, that is soo cute ;w; I have a kitty and his name is Cow and that's really it. He's super independent even though all I want is for him to love me xD I want a dog too! I think having one will motivate me to exercise :P do you have any pets at all? or want any?

(0) (0)
Merchant Mule for Mir!

Posted: May 23rd, '14, 02:15    

LieutenantTwitch

@Whimsy -
    I love physics. Even though it does make you want to bang your head against the wall sometimes.
    Okay, a lot. But there are so many cool things to learn!
    Ohhh, one of those kinds of tests. Yeah, scratch everything I said, then. Lol.

A cat named Cow. That's adorable. My cat is really independent too. He only wants affection on his schedule and even then it's only a few pets and then he's done with you. xD And that partially answers your question as well. My family now has three dogs and one cat. One of the dogs and the cat are technically mine. Another dog belongs to my oldest brother (and she's quite up there in age now). And the third dog is actually a puppy who is a new addition to the family that came along by chance.

My brother's god is a Rottweiler/Lab mix, black and brown.
    My dog is a Rottweiler/Collie mix, also black and brown.
    And the third dog is a Schnauzer/Pomeranian mix, who's light brown, black, and white. She's cute when she's not being a little Poopyhead.

But! I also have dream animals that I plan on getting when I'm all fairly successful and living on my own in another state and such. I really really really reaaaally want a Bernese Mountain Dog. I've even already decided that his name will be Oscar. And I want a Maine Coon cat, because they're awesome, and her name will be Artemis.

(0) (0)

'It doesn't happen all at once,' said the Skin Horse. 'You become. It takes a long time. That's why it doesn't happen often to people who break easily, or have sharp edges, or who have to be carefully kept.
Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby.
But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand.'

Posted: May 23rd, '14, 05:05    

meg1124

@Twitch
Well it started like its usually does. I discovered K-pop at the beginning of last summer and the k-dramas...and through those some culture was exposed to me. In my preteens, I did the same thing with Japan. Became obsessed with anime and manga, and began to learn simple parts of culture and language.

Thats what the difference was with South Korea. Maybe its because I am older now, but this time I desperately wanted to learn about the culture. The differences fascinate me and yes some are strange to me, but I embrace them and accept them as what makes their culture special. I even became so intrigued, that a month after discovering k-pop, I actively began to learn the language. I love the feeling when I successfully recognize a word without needing subtitles, or being able to read sentences of written korean even if I have no clue what the words mean. To be honest, I don't even know why I am so interested, I'm not part korean, or even part asian, but I just know that it makes me happy. :mccute:

@Whimsy
I'm so excited to visit Italy, especially for my study abroad where I can live there for a few months. A vacation never gives you enough time...unless you have tons of money and can afford to stay for months on end... :mclaugh:

YES!! I love k-pop!! :mclove: Do you? If you want a little info on that go ahead and read the above note to Twitch. If you do like k-pop I would love to have a long discussion about whats groups you like and everything else because I have NO ONE here that likes k-pop...I'm all alone... :mccry:

Also if you like j-pop as well, please give me some names of groups or artists you like, because I have been trying to get into some j-pop...I only know some old Utada Hikaru songs...

And thank you!! I am so pleased with my grades...although personally I did study my butt off to get them... :mcdead:

(0) (0)

Posted: May 23rd, '14, 05:15    

LieutenantTwitch

Ah yes, I forgot to congratulate you on your awesome grades, Meg. So congrats! ^^

That's as good a reason to become interested as any. And I understand the excitement about beginning to comprehend a language. Although I'm nowhere near fluent in Spanish, I can read it fairly well and even understand parts of conversations that people have and that makes me excited. I'm not as involved as you are with Korean culture though. Anyway, you don't have to have any type of connection there to be interested! I'd say the fact that it makes you happy is good enough.

(0) (0)

Posted: May 23rd, '14, 06:45    

meg1124

Haha thank you!! :mccute:

Yeah I thought the happiness part is what mattered, and I think that why my mom finally eased up a bit. Its become an anchor for me when I am upset or stressed. Just calm down while listening to kpop and think of pushing through the next 4 years to get to where I want to be...lol :mcheh:

(0) (0)

Posted: May 23rd, '14, 06:58    

LieutenantTwitch

You're welcome!

Well that's always good. I wish I had a clear idea of where I wanted to go. I'm a little stuck at the moment. :mcsweat:

(0) (0)

Posted: May 23rd, '14, 20:01    

meg1124

Yeah well thats the only thing I have planned...I still have to figure out what I want my regular job to be...I'm only going to teach a few years, not permanently so...ugh i don't know either... :mccry:

I wish you luck getting unstuck. :mccute:

(0) (0)

Posted: May 23rd, '14, 21:19    

LieutenantTwitch

You've got a future step worked out though and that's always good! ^^ And thank you. I'm sure we'll both figure it out in time.

(0) (0)

[ 317 posts ]