Avatar Shopping Community Knuffel Quests Donate My Account Help

Jump to:

[ 2088 posts ] 
❣COME JABBER WITH ME❣
Otherwise the Queen of Hearts will lop off your head  10%  [ 22 ]
And play croquet with it, so there!  6%  [ 13 ]
Image  84%  [ 186 ]
Total votes : 221
 Post subject: Re: Jคცც૯Րω૦८қע JυՈ८੮ɿ૦Ո (open!)
Posted: Apr 21st, '15, 12:10    

chuunibyou

Hugs: 111446
Mood: spiritual
@Kira: They're going to be quite a few characters so if we post in order we can put your one character towards the beginning and the other's turn after most of the other characters. If it's done like that do you think you'll be able to play two?
Tee hee. Well it is kind of haunting. Myself, I was just fine, but oh the state I was in after watching sala samobojcow... :qsob:

@ZaTanya: HELLUR :sflw: :qn: :sflw:
Love your hair too, but my fave is autumn flowers hair :qh:
YAY YOU'RE IN :dfly: RPSQUEE :mcsquee:

@Dawn: YEAH! :mcgrin: RPing is wonderful, you should totally try it! Join us, in the name of plum cake! :candy:
I'm pretty shy too actually, and socially awkward IRL, all my friends seem to have happened by accident :mclol: I'm comparatively very chatty online though :mcconf:

@Umbra: I know where romance goes and where it doesn't, thank you. :P I'm not so into romance unless it happens gradually and naturally. I am doing a NekoXPrince RP which has romance from the beginning (and the sparkly, fluffy, rather chokeworthy romance at that) but it's because I'd like to be able to tackle any sort of RP and write with anyone whose language I can understand, you know? ^^
So, you're not comfortable with yaoi, that's fine. I only have a problem when people go trying to stop others doing what they're comfortable with, because that's none of their business.

(0) (0)
Come chat with me at my hangout thread!
Stroctoperry wrote:Because KofK trumps homework, for some reason.
Death Candy wrote:I just realized that "take out" means food, dating, and murder. And if you were a female praying mantis you'd have all three.
Akili Li wrote:People talk about bravery in these super dramatic terms like it only applies to soldiers going to war, but for all that I think true courage is found in the hard every day moments of social interaction and standing up for what you believe in even when it's not life-or-death, when it's instead a matter of approval-or-ostracization among people whose opinions you care about. That's harder, to my mind. That's an ongoing, you have to live with it forever thing, instead of one single moment that's the exception instead of the rule.

First fairy found 28th May 2015
Second fairy found 11th May 2017
Third fairy found 9th Jan 2024

Posted: Apr 21st, '15, 17:57    

UmbraFear

Hugs: 2992
Mood: Nope.
Yeah that's fine, Kira. Take your time.

I don't actually have a problem with yaoi. In fact, I find that straight romance can get more carried away than it does, probably because social standards make it so they have to keep it more to themselves. :mclol: I find romance uncomfortable to read, so yaoi's better in my opinion. I definitely prefer violence, but I'd sooner read yaoi over straight.

(0) (0)
^Needs food!^

Posted: Apr 21st, '15, 18:54    

chuunibyou

Hugs: 111446
Mood: spiritual
Romance in most books I've read is kind of weird, yeah. Maybe because my experience of it is so different, people keep mixing up romance with sexual feelings but I experience them so separately that they don't merge ever :mcconf: But many manga/anime are able to put it fine (I take it you've not read the kind of manga with shoujo style of drawing but which are easy on the cliches?) Actually the only time I can't handle it is if it's too soppy or ecchi.
The only thing I've read till now where the author was able to actually put love on paper is Delirium by Lauren Oliver, that book blew my mind.
I thought straight stuff was more toned down than Yaoi but I guess it varies :mcconf: I prefer Yaoi too... because sexually I'm a homosexual guy but romantically I'm panromantic ._. I wish it wasn't so complicated because it makes it impossible to imagine being in an ideal relationship with one single person.

(0) (0)
Come chat with me at my hangout thread!
Stroctoperry wrote:Because KofK trumps homework, for some reason.
Death Candy wrote:I just realized that "take out" means food, dating, and murder. And if you were a female praying mantis you'd have all three.
Akili Li wrote:People talk about bravery in these super dramatic terms like it only applies to soldiers going to war, but for all that I think true courage is found in the hard every day moments of social interaction and standing up for what you believe in even when it's not life-or-death, when it's instead a matter of approval-or-ostracization among people whose opinions you care about. That's harder, to my mind. That's an ongoing, you have to live with it forever thing, instead of one single moment that's the exception instead of the rule.

First fairy found 28th May 2015
Second fairy found 11th May 2017
Third fairy found 9th Jan 2024

Posted: Apr 21st, '15, 20:06    

UmbraFear

That makes sense, I think. I would never be able to understand because I don't feel either of those.
I haven't bothered with any shoujo type manga. What I've heard is that it's usually in a school/realistic-type setting with drama. I've been avoiding any with girls in them to make sure that I wouldn't be stuck reading a romance.

(0) (0)
^Needs food!^

Posted: Apr 21st, '15, 20:51    

Ollieshark

Hugs: 16484
Mood: WOAAWW
Yeah, most modern books confuse the two sensations. I think it's mostly because our current society is so hellbent on the sexy timez--basically you're either young, foolish, and incredibly blinded by it or you're an old prude who tries everything to stop it.
And let's not forget that most Americans don't get good sex ed anyway so we really have no choice but to do it and find out for ourselves.
And I've not really read ant shoujo so I can't really make a case for/against it.
But I'm ace/aro so I have no idea what I'm talking about. XP

also i'm still working on characters

(0) (0)
Ollie, 23, aro/ace/nb, they/them please!

My Knuffels and my dragons love new visitors!
Fairies: 10-14-13, 1-17-14, 8-8-16

Posted: Apr 22nd, '15, 01:39    

UmbraFear

I'm an old prude at almost sixteeeeeeeeen :mclol:
Here in Canada we have good enough sex-ed, but most ignore it because everything on TV sends them the opposite message. And honestly, most teens are idiots.

Yay, more characters! ...We need some younger ones too...

(0) (0)
^Needs food!^

Posted: Apr 22nd, '15, 01:53    

Ollieshark

Hugs: 16484
Mood: WOAAWW
Bruh I'm surprised most people aren't turned off by the fact thAT YOU CAN BIRTHGIVE buuuuuutttt I suppose that doesn't change the fact that it's so pleasurable.

I shall work on a smoll baby then. :P

(0) (0)
Ollie, 23, aro/ace/nb, they/them please!

My Knuffels and my dragons love new visitors!
Fairies: 10-14-13, 1-17-14, 8-8-16

Posted: Apr 22nd, '15, 05:16    

CycloneKira

Hugs: 42515
Mood: I'm trying.
Okay, I can't take it anymore. I'm jumping my guy in :qsq:
I'll send you the pro, Umbra

(0) (0)
It's not over yet.
There's a lot to look forward to.
Keep going.
You can do this :)
Leonard Snart wrote:There are only four rules you have to remember: Make the plan, execute the plan, expect the plan to go off the rails, throw away the plan.
1st fairy - June 3rd, 12:06 AM IST

Posted: Apr 22nd, '15, 05:59    

UmbraFear

And abooortiooonnnn. Or, why not overpopulated the planet til it can't support any more people? Great idea, right?

Damn it Kira, he's too adorable. Those little twelve year-olds are going to kill everyone with their cuteness! xD

(0) (0)
^Needs food!^

Posted: Apr 22nd, '15, 07:55    

CycloneKira

Hugs: 42515
Mood: I'm trying.
*giggles manically until she's out of breath*
I told you I couldn't take it anymore! And how do people find out what species the others are?

EDIT: Umbra you didn't add Astra to the list...

(0) (0)
It's not over yet.
There's a lot to look forward to.
Keep going.
You can do this :)
Leonard Snart wrote:There are only four rules you have to remember: Make the plan, execute the plan, expect the plan to go off the rails, throw away the plan.
1st fairy - June 3rd, 12:06 AM IST

[ 2088 posts ]